Batman V Superman; Who will win?

Spaceception

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batman
    • Superman
    • Alfred
    • Who the heck are these "Batmans" and "Supermans"?

• 2 weeks later...

Obligatory: "Shh, Spoilers, Sweety!"

On 6.3.2016 at 11:06 AM, KerbMav said:

Will probably end like the long awaited fight between Jet Li and Jacky Chan - they will join forces at some point and we will never get a definitive answer. :wink:

I was right - kind of - Batman had him right there, but than parent issues and all.

On 6.3.2016 at 0:26 PM, p1t1o said:

Superman's most significant power has nothing to do with physical feats, its not laserseyes or flight or superstrength.

It is his super-humility.

At any point, Superman could choose to conquer Earth and all humanity, whether this might be for benevolent or malign purpose is almost irrelevant, the choice is his alone.

He knows, or at least thinks, that irrespective of his motives, it could easily lead to destructive conflict.

He knows, or at least thinks, that it would be a morally questionable course of action to take mankinds fate into his own, sole, hands.

What this means for a [insert hero] vs. Superman question is not clear. How do you fight someone whose supreme power is the power-not-to-fight.

This explains well the fact that the BatmanVSuperman movie will last more than 5 seconds.

I don't know much about the upcoming movie but here are my predictions:

Batman spends half the movie beating up superman, whilst superman just goes with it and does his utility bills in his head.

A common threat turns up. Or possibly a common interest. Or Superman buys a lot of shares in Wayne Enterprises.

Batman and Superman extend an uneasy truce.

Teaser for sequel.

The end - who won? NOBODY. YET. oooOOOooohhh!!!

Obligatory post-credits sequence.

[No filmmaker is going to dare settle the fight and risk alienating half their paying customers...]

I still have serious questions about the visions/dreams that occured in the move - the guy in the space-time distortion, the scene with the kneeling soldiers etc.

On 6.3.2016 at 3:43 PM, pTrevTrevs said:

If I remember correctly, in the Lego Batman game, Batman had a huge stash of kryptonite in the Batcave. To be fair, Lego games can't exactly be considered canon, but it does make sense and can be expected of someone like Batman to keep at least a little kryptonite against the possibility of fighting Superman (I guess it's already been established that the two heroes live in the same universe by the fact that this movie exists at all). Fortunately for Batman, he doesn't really have any weaknesses that can be exploited by Superman, except that he relies on technology and lacks any real superpowers

Basically, as long as Batman has some kryptonite with him, he's gonna beat Superman into the ground. But that seems like it would almost be too easy, I'm sure the filmmakers have some sort of workaround to make the movie longer.

Damn... I really ought to consider getting a life...

They do, but we do not know this because of this movie, but because of the Justice League basically the DC Avengers - kind of.

In the movie though we already have Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman; we know Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg will join in later movies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.