Extremely low FPS

Hello, I still face the problem with extremely low fps, I know that game is running on old engine that can't support more cores, but... I am playing vanilla on the newest patch and with this ship: http://postimg.org/image/bpye64485/

I was getting at Duna only about 8 fps, this made landing almost impossible... I have I5-4670k, with Gtx 750ti. I don't expect 70 fps, but at least 20+, I've tried everything to tweak fps, but nothing worked...

You can try ease off the pain by moving "Max physics delta time per frame" slider in settings to the right, it will increase interactivity with the price of simulation speed.
Also, to make sure it's not gpu-related (drivers may be bad), try opengl (instructions paragraph will tell you how to enable it):

Also, there can be something spamming in logs, check your logs for repeating messages. File I/O is rarely killing fps. Log file is located in " KSP_Data\output_log.txt".

If nothing helps, well, welcome to the club.

All we can do is hope that SQUAD will finally face performance issues in next updates. If not, they'll get hammered on consoles anyways, so there is a solid chance. The same issue you experience made me stick to flying 30-40 part planes on Kerbin for the last two years, i just can't play it. KSP can't give me even 30 fps for vanilla scenarios of simply getting to Jool system.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

Hey, this is a common problem at the min, lower some of your graphic setting or run ksp in OpenGL. 

To use Open GL, create a new short-cut for KSP, right click the short-cut and select properties, Under Short-cuts, add " -force-opengl" at the end of the Target. ie ("F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe" -force-opengl)

Hope this helps :)

How many parts is that craft, it looks like it would have several hundred. Regardless of cpu (probably not gpu) you have reached and fps vs. Parts situation, in which you need to choose one or the other. Opengl helps but stuff doesn't look as good and you get some weird issues. Hope squad improves stuff during the upcoming updates.

Thanks for answers, but OpenGL increased my fps only about 2-3 but added multiple problems. I've updated my graphic drivers today, still same. In logs are common things, nothing spamming. This vessel has 300 parts, is that the problem?

Regardless of specs more parts = lower performance. I would say however, that you should be getting a higher frame rate even with 300 parts. What fps do you get when using say 50 parts?

Is Vsync on? What graphics settings?

You should be able to reduce the number of struts on that thing with no negative affects.

54 minutes ago, Kakeshek said:

Well, I'll reduce number of parts. Hope that it will be better in the future, with new Unity Engine. Thanks for answers, it's good to see kind community :)

It is sad but this version of KSP runs slower than any other before it.. We have high hopes for 1.1 though and beyond.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.