Replicas To Orbit

I was building a Battlestar Galactica Viper fighter the other day and was wondering if I could make it so that it could get to orbit from the runway. After many tweaks (adding more oxidiser), it finally did, and now I am challenging you to do the same.

Build a replica of a fictional starcraft and fly it to orbit.

Rules:

• Must be stock. No Mechjeb either, because you have to fly whatever you create.
  • No alt+f12 cheats or HyperEdit
  • It must at least resemble (doesn't have to be perfect; mine isn't) a starship from a fictional series. Link to an image if you can.
  • Part clipping is allowed to help it look like...whatever it should look like.

Note: If there is another challenge like this out there, I didn't see it. Also, if this is popular I will make a badge for this challenge.

My submission:

Colonial Viper to Orbit

This should be exciting to see what people come up with!

my not so old Alien dropship+APC replica. not 1-1 like, but very close to it. Pure stock and "can" orbit around Kerbin (have docking port you can refuel it and launch from orbit to far space colony... to maintain peace and fight against aliens.

@spacebrick3

Would one of the landers from the Ares in Red Mars count? If so here is a Ares Ring Lander heading to the Mun.

Note: This one wouldn't be able to fit in the Ares ring, but I have Duna Based versions that could. I'm hoping to replicate the whole spacecraft in 1.1.

So, my path: Kerbin launch - Mun Landing - Minmus Landing - Mun Flyby - Mun Flyby - Kerbin Aerobreak - Kerbin Aerobreak - Kerbin Touchdown.

Time: 81 Days, 3 hours and 44 minutes exact. The whole trip is in the album below. Enjoy:

Some rough ideas of what the lander would be in:

Ares-Dixon.jpg

ares_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d7fau3k.jpg

There are no images or drawings in the whole Red Mars trilogy. Oh well.

Edited by DMSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.