The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you right-click on a rocket image in this forum to rotate it, and *still* don't understand why it won't rotate!

(I just blew 5 minutes of my life, trying to get a slightly different angle on a fuel-line layout problem in the questions forum)

When playing baseball, wondering what amount of Delta V your last hit was worth. Mentally plotting it's course and noting an imaginary apogee flag.

When driving, wondering what the Isp and ideal acceleration rate of my vehicle is to maximize the Isp- too fast, lose fuel to drag; too slow, lose fuel to inertia. (I'm a more economical driver thanks to KSP)

When seeing radio towers or any form of scaffolding and cableing/struts reminds me of probes and satellites.

When seeing road-side warning signs powered by solar panels, and wondering if that's the optimal placement of OX-STAT panels.

Hitting 'M' for map-mode in Minecraft and Planet Exlporers... ugh.

-Khorso

This one actually happened to me. I was talking about my plans for my modular interplanetary manned mission with my wife.

"I want to make sure I test everything on every component before I send it through interplanetary space. I'd much rather have it break here than send it on a two year trip to have it break there.

It's just like real life, how NASA tests out everything on Kerbin :huh:, before launching."

....yeah, I may need to check my definition of reality. :)

This one actually happened to me. I was talking about my plans for my modular interplanetary manned mission with my wife.

"I want to make sure I test everything on every component before I send it through interplanetary space. I'd much rather have it break here than send it on a two year trip to have it break there.

It's just like real life, how NASA tests out everything on Kerbin :huh:, before launching."

....yeah, I may need to check my definition of reality. :)

I've done this. She smiles and listens patiently. In return, I smile and act interested when she goes on about something I don't care about.

• 2 weeks later...

You know you play too much KSP when you spent the night on it even when you have an important job interview the next day...

I hate myself so much right now, but my Science tech tree is complete, and I've finished everything I planned to do before 0.24.

... when u prepare a trip to Mun like it was a real exam life ?

... when u crash the ship and scream like if u where there ?

... when u see "Grativity" (the movie) and u see Sandra Bullock as Jebediah :P

You know you play too much KSP when you gladly watch the YouTube video posted by the OP and think to yourself "Damn, the dude in this video is obviously way better at KSP than I am. I feel like such a noob." ;.; I wonder if he used a Stayputnik for the satellite probe core? Did he remember to extend the solar panels?

Did he recover the booster core stage after the launch?

an8z5b4.jpg

iuyu4os.jpg

George Clooney shouldn't have wasted so much EVA propellant flying around the Hubble Space Telescope. He should have returned to the shuttle's mk3 cockpit to replenish his supply in case of emergency. A competent astronaut would have kept back a reserve of propellant. That way, if the worst happened, he could dip his periapsis into the atmosphere and attempt to land on his head! Besides, a serious collision event like this was inevitable. Ever since NASA started testing multiplayer mode with the Russians, Europeans and Chinese, part counts have been going through the roof. Everyone knows NASA has access to huge supercomputers, which means that they can set their max debris limit way higher than normal players would expect.

• 3 weeks later...
There's probably someone with higher... but this is since April last year. (0.18 I believe?)

http://i.imgur.com/P6n2cmV.png

I don't even have half that right now (330ish), but my "hours played" for KSP is higher than any other Steam game I own. I'm not sure how accurate that is though since I routinely leave games running while I go do other things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.