[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

2 minutes ago, Jakerblam22 said:

That is useful but after a point you have to have guns for up-close boomy power. 

50 cal. Turrets, for when I'm getting tailed and my pilot is idiotic enough to keep flying straight (something that happens a lot).

Just now, Matuchkin said:

50 cal. Turrets, for when I'm getting tailed and my pilot is idiotic enough to keep flying straight (something that happens a lot).

A good idea, seeing as the .50 cals can turn 180 degrees. However, they lack enough punch to do serious damage.

Just now, Matuchkin said:

pilot is idiotic enough to keep flying straight (something that happens a lot).

Usually this is because they've either ended up below their minimum flight altitude, or below their minimum combat speed. In both cases, the AI with take priority to get back above the altitude/speed.

1 minute ago, Jakerblam22 said:

A good idea, seeing as the .50 cals can turn 180 degrees. However, they lack enough punch to do serious damage.

Actually, they're quite good. I take two of them, and easily see opponent planes start flaking when the bullets hit them. I like to make light stuff that can outmaneuver heavier opponents. With my current developing fighter, yours would not stand much of a chance (I hope).

By the way, would the AI use ripple effect? I'm thinking of an AMRAAM or Sidewinder railgun (being a hypocrite).

35 minutes ago, Spearka said:

Did I? I lost to botched and incompetent design, got disqualified anyway which is worse than losing in a way.

The look is the only thing going for it at this point now.

@Spearka

"I lost to botched and incompetent design." Really now? Care to elaborate? I'm all for constructive criticism.

"got disqualified anyway which is worse than losing in a way" You failed to read/understand the rules to a contest you entered. Mistakes happen, ease up on yourself.

Thassa was awesome, and showed great promise, don't give up now.

Edited by g00bd0g

14 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Are we still playing in 1.05 or did we switch to 1.1? Some parts don't work in the new update.

ASC Series I will only be 1.0.5  Series II will be 1.1.

13 hours ago, Jakerblam22 said:

Are .craft files made in 1.0.5 compatible with 1.1, or do we have to make a whole new plane?

Should be for the most part.

12 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I'm submitting a craft to fight alongside the F-2, @inigma: the F-2D AMS. The pair has been tested against the Vulca, and they beat both with the OP lasers. They sometimes die of a stray AIM-120 after tho

Added!

12 hours ago, Spearka said:

Very well, considering the Thassa was actually manned originally it would be trivially easy to modify to accomodate a Kerbal.

Unfortunately for you guys I don't feel intent on re-entering the Thassa or for that matter, any other fighter anymore.

Your Thassa has the best chance of beating the current King. In fact, it's the only entry so far that's been able to beat it in any round. Don't give up. Just add a Kerbal cockpit. :) It was the most amazing fight I've seen actually in a while. I may have been a little harsh saying it was disqualified. Don't worry. It's not meant as an insult, just a dumb technicality. If you had won, I would have let it take crown since it was our fault for not catching the craft before it ran. :wink:

7 hours ago, Hobbes Novakoff said:

BTW, I am quite interested in hosting matches for you guys, if you need someone. Craft building is not my forte but I'm more than willing to run and record some matches.

Awesome! Expect a PM!  Anyone else?

4 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

I'm probably leaving after the final F-2 too. The current KOTH meta is based on spam rather than anything else, so I think I'll stick to the military thread.

I am actually thinking about branching out into these divisions if people are interested in volunteering time to manage such threads, or can offer match hosting:

ASC-II - the second series for ASC starting in 1.1

ASC-D - the dueling thread which already is posted

ASC-M1 - modern series for dueling (no turrets, no lasers, max 6 missiles)

ASC-KAX - pre-jet series for dueling (no turrets, no lasers, no missiles, no jet engines, KAX engines only)

1 hour ago, Jakerblam22 said:

I will probably look into more regulated threads as well. I like the "no holds barred" idea, but after a time, it's just a flying battery with lasers and maybe a few missiles on it. At that point it's not even a plane.

see above what i wrote to NotAnAimBot. let me know what you think!

1 hour ago, Monkey29399 said:

I've modified my Fighter jet to be more maneuverable and deadly.

ud4x0PP.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1male4eprlti4y/Fighter%20Mk1.craft?dl=0

I would like the enhanced version to replace the old fighter.

ok

Edited by inigma

20 minutes ago, inigma said:

I am actually thinking about branching out into these divisions if people are interested in volunteering time to manage such threads, or can offer match hosting:

ASC-II - the second series for ASC starting in 1.1

ASC-D - the dueling thread which already is posted

ASC-M1 - modern series for dueling (no turrets, no lasers, max 6 missiles)

ASC-KAX - pre-jet series for dueling (no turrets, no lasers, no missiles, no jet engines, KAX engines only)

I like this idea. Classes so more people can build what they want and compete against other craft like them! Yay!

4 minutes ago, Jakerblam22 said:

I like this idea. Classes so more people can build what they want and compete against other craft like them! Yay!

I like the class idea as well, I actually ran a 2v2 WWII-style dogfight complete with video effects...(hey it even has to LOOK authentic!), and here are the results:

LOVING the Kerbfire BTW

The next match.

This match is absolutely amazing. I will not spoil it. Proof that super maneuverability is not always necessary if you can get away with your team mate taking the hit. Of course, it would have made a difference in the end. Funny thing about this laser setup. I couldn't tell during a critical moment which side of the craft was up. Heh. Just watch. 

Yah, I played with lasers and just didn't think it would be fun. What is strange is why my vulturaptors are only attacking one of his crafts at a time, and how is he able to close to laser range without my guys firing on him. In my testing they should fire on both enemy craft well out of laser range, forcing them defensive, which drastically changes the outcome. I will have to download and and test against this new enemy :)

An excellent battle SuicidalInsanity!

Edited by g00bd0g

9 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I like the class idea as well, I actually ran a 2v2 WWII-style dogfight complete with video effects...(hey it even has to LOOK authentic!), and here are the results:

LOVING the Kerbfire BTW

That's impressive, what mods are in that?

9 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

"Flaking" as in "Parts flaking off".

So yeah, getting destroyed.

Hmm. maybe my .50 cals weren't set up right, they never seemed to do any real damage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.