Serial Space Station: Add your own module! (Closed - check out the new Community Space Station thread instead!)

1 hour ago, Dfthu said:

Could we use my idea of different people doing different parts of the mission?

if we do it

Ok. A community interplanetary ship would be really hard anyway. I am still a terrible pilot so people can fly my ships for me. If there ok flying a 300+ ton ship with terrible control authority. We could make Jool serial station! Using my interplanetary ships people could fly resupply missions and stuff! 

Edit: what part of the mission do you want? I can do anything, except interplanetary stuff because I'm terrible at that. 

Edit Edit: if we do the Jool station/ship/mission, does anyone mind hauling 18000 liquid fuel, 101920 oxidizer, and 64 Kerbals to Jool? The entire ship weighs 498.18 tons, so be prepared for that.

Edited by max_creative

5 hours ago, max_creative said:

Ok. A community interplanetary ship would be really hard anyway. I am still a terrible pilot so people can fly my ships for me. If there ok flying a 300+ ton ship with terrible control authority. We could make Jool serial station! Using my interplanetary ships people could fly resupply missions and stuff! 

Edit: what part of the mission do you want? I can do anything, except interplanetary stuff because I'm terrible at that. 

Edit Edit: if we do the Jool station/ship/mission, does anyone mind hauling 18000 liquid fuel, 101920 oxidizer, and 64 Kerbals to Jool? The entire ship weighs 498.18 tons, so be prepared for that.

Jool ship has been added as a mission to OP.  Send up the first section!

Just now, max_creative said:

Sending up a 64 Kerbal hab ASAP. 

Take a look at my thoughts regarding payload from the OP - that's a pretty optimistic payload considering we will be assembling the drives in pieces.  Up to you though, we just have to find people willing to put up some serious drive sections.

2 minutes ago, Jetski said:

Take a look at my thoughts regarding payload from the OP - that's a pretty optimistic payload considering we will be assembling the drives in pieces.  Up to you though, we just have to find people willing to put up some serious drive sections.

It only weighs 67 tons! Only is a relative term so I mean "only compared to the big 256 one I have." I can launch really big stuff for people if they want. As soon as I download 1.1 of course.

13 hours ago, nli2work said:

KAS welds parts in orbit?

Yep. 

Idea: build one or two imagination class interplanetary ships and send them along with the main ship and use them as support and refueling ships! Would that be useful? 

Edit: there are two 10 part and two 7 part modules that make up the imagination. A could make a less part could version if it works better for the rules.

Edited by max_creative

13 minutes ago, Ribby Kerman said:

With 5 parts I can not maneuver new modules into their docking ports with no rcs. For a full rcs system I need 9 parts. Just for the rcs. I do not think it is possible to dock without rcs.

No, the module you add needs 5 parts or less. And plus 2 docking ports. Just the module. The delivery system can have as many as you want. Look at some people's creations. They can get creative with the delivery system. What I did was just stick 40 vernors to a big transfer stage.

9 minutes ago, max_creative said:

No, the module you add needs 5 parts or less. And plus 2 docking ports. Just the module. The delivery system can have as many as you want. Look at some people's creations. They can get creative with the delivery system. What I did was just stick 40 vernors to a big transfer stage.

This^^  Check out the OP @Ribby Kerman, you can have shuttles or tugs or anything you like as long as you deorbit it before you upload the save. I encourage cool SSTO shuttles and such for station module deliveries. Also there's a little Klaw equipped RCS tug already on station if you need to shuffle stuff around. 

5 minutes ago, Jetski said:

This^^  Check out the OP @Ribby Kerman, you can have shuttles or tugs or anything you like as long as you deorbit it before you upload the save. I encourage cool SSTO shuttles and such for station module deliveries. Also there's a little Klaw equipped RCS tug already on station if you need to shuffle stuff around. 

And we're assembling a Jool ship. The limit for that is 8 parts 2 ports. Claws count as docking ports. 

Has anyone sent up a module for the ship yet? I will send one up tonight if no one does.

seeing as this ship will be a limp noodle and balance is important we may want a little coordination and a puller type craft.  I have an idea for a central core but it will be a couple days until I get home and can install 1.1

3 minutes ago, Nich said:

seeing as this ship will be a limp noodle and balance is important we may want a little coordination and a puller type craft.  I have an idea for a central core but it will be a couple days until I get home and can install 1.1

Or we can just KAS weld it.

Mission complete.  First section of the Jool ship is up - a drive section with 2 Rhinos and a fair amount of fuel.  Docking Sr. on both ends, so it can be either a pushing drive or a puller.  Made an ugly lifter, docked, and deorbited the manouvering thrusters individually.  

Updated OP with latest savegame and image.  Cleared for next launch.

Next will probably be me. I'm going to send up a command module with a lab. I just played 1.1 for the first time! Thoughts: OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH 1.1 IS SO COOL!!! And I loaded a scenario and instead of refueling the Aeris 4B, I landed the refueler on engine flame, then back to Minmus orbit, then blew the plane up by colliding the two ships! 11 is awesome! Even if I'm not first to launch I am DEFINITELY launching tomorrow. 

For science! For Dres! For 1.1!!!

Edit: Once the Jool ship is complete, do you guys want to get it rendered? Like, doing a burn around Jool or something? 

Edit Edit: too bad @Cupcake... don't have any vtols that fit the part count limit. Cupcake vtols are the best!

Edited by max_creative

22 hours ago, max_creative said:

Next will probably be me. I'm going to send up a command module with a lab. I just played 1.1 for the first time! Thoughts: OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH 1.1 IS SO COOL!!! And I loaded a scenario and instead of refueling the Aeris 4B, I landed the refueler on engine flame, then back to Minmus orbit, then blew the plane up by colliding the two ships! 11 is awesome! Even if I'm not first to launch I am DEFINITELY launching tomorrow. 

For science! For Dres! For 1.1!!!

Edit: Once the Jool ship is complete, do you guys want to get it rendered? Like, doing a burn around Jool or something? 

Edit Edit: too bad @Cupcake... don't have any vtols that fit the part count limit. Cupcake vtols are the best!

Yep, 1.1 is definitely an improvement.  Wheels are broken right now, but otherwise it's pretty great.  Expecting a hotfix soon :)

21 hours ago, Jetski said:

Yep, 1.1 is definitely an improvement.  Wheels are broken right now, but otherwise it's pretty great.  Expecting a hotfix soon :)

I used the wheels as a super high T/W ratio kraken drive rocket! The future of space travel is here! And if anyone wants to launch I had some payload problems so they can go. 

Edit: and I can do comercial payload launching using raptor heavy, Eve II, Dres II, and Dres III class boosters.

Edited by max_creative

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.