Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Glad to see the symetry problem is out of the way now! ;D

I just wanted to protect one of my munar landar designs in your payload fairings when I properly understood the 1-2m and 2m adapters are just massive blocks. Is there any chance you can make them hollow like the ones from KW with multiple nodes to be able to put them 'around' e.g. an engine of a lander stage? They waste alot of space if you ask me, I like my rockets as compact as possible.

Design choices and we had a reason to create them this way. You are correct making it more compact, you should see my rover system. But back to the point. We might look into making those adapters fuel tanks. We currently moved upon other projects and they now have priority. We might/will come back to this ones we made everything the way we want it.

The payload fairings look great!

Though, you should change 1m to 1.25m and 2m to 2.5m in the descriptions if you mean the standard sizes.

Old packs still work with the old system, and so are a lot of people. You made a good point tho

Payload pack is great, are you planning to make 3m-version of it? Rovers are too big for current size.

Nop, because I'm creating my own rover with his own standards. And this one fits perfectly within the payload fairings. Got to wait for it a bit longer.

But you never know, Maybe in the future we will.

I don't kinda understand this.....

Simplified explanation please?

About what?

Thanks! It works now, let's create some fireworks to celebrate!

Thx for the community helping!

Design choices and we had a reason to create them this way. You are correct making it more compact, you should see my rover system. But back to the point. We might look into making those adapters fuel tanks. We currently moved upon other projects and they now have priority. We might/will come back to this ones we made everything the way we want it.

Ok I see, that makes sense. Avaiting your rover system with great patience! :D

Hey, Dani-Sang, I think I may have found the solution to your inability to reactivate dead parts, like batteries and fuel tanks.

It seems like the real challenge is figuring out how to reactivate "dead" parts, assuming that's something that can be done via the API.

Part.force_activate()

Hey, Dani-Sang, I think I may have found the solution to your inability to reactivate dead parts, like batteries and fuel tanks.

Batteries will be changed and are going to use Kreuzung's Plugin. I know kulesz (the actual coder) tried to force activate but with no result and he is currently on a deserved holiday. Are you 100% sure they work? Did you test it?

Thank you so much! These are all fantastic as usual!

Will there ever be any way to gather scans from multiple satellites at once? For instance, some command center where we can monitor their mapping without having to do each one manually

Thanks so much again!

-Nolam

Hey, I have a problem, for some reason, the solar panels don't work, I have installed the Powertech-mumech adapter plugin, but when I go to the launchpad, the stages doesn't appear, I can't launch my rocket nor deploy the panels, the only thing I can do is turn on the mechjeb and rotate the camera, nothing else.

Hey, I have a problem, for some reason, the solar panels don't work, I have installed the Powertech-mumech adapter plugin, but when I go to the launchpad, the stages doesn't appear, I can't launch my rocket nor deploy the panels, the only thing I can do is turn on the mechjeb and rotate the camera, nothing else.

Make sure you have the main Powertech.dll plugin installed as well.

I am currently working on some concept art for a modular craft that uses scramjets, ramjets, chemical rockets(Kethane fuel for all of them). This will help kind of bring the whole kethane system together, and that is why I wanted to incorporate something that helps expands the ability of the wonderful mod created by Dani-Sang and Kulesz. It wont bring anything new to kethane but will allow you to utilize kethane sources in a "space plane" configuration. More info soon!

Thank you so much! These are all fantastic as usual!

Will there ever be any way to gather scans from multiple satellites at once? For instance, some command center where we can monitor their mapping without having to do each one manually

Thanks so much again!

-Nolam

One of our ideas aswel, not sure if remotely possible tho.

I have some crazy problems with kethane.

Any part I decouple becomes a command pod on the map, also visible in the tracking station. What's more, selecting such a vehicle kind of crashes the game. What am I doing wrong?

I'm going to replicate this. Thx for the report.

Would you please add in 3 and 3.5 meter fairings please?

Not atm, we got other priorities.

Where can I find a Wiki or a guide about this mod?

whats parts I need to scan? and to mine?

Thanks

Plugin is still in Beta. We will create a proper (video) guide ones we bring out full release.

Just a little update - debris appearing as pods might be a KSP issue, just had it happen to an ASAS, I'm also using mech-jeb. I'll give kethane another try now, without mech-jeb.

It's a fresh 0.16 with just mech jeb(1.9.1).

Edited by ForumHelper

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.