Strut Bug

Sometimes, when I attach two parts with a strut in a way that they're maybe not supposed to be connected, the strut looks fine in the VAB but sticks out at a 45 degree angle when I launch and when I revert back. Is this a known bug and can it be fixed?

4 hours ago, spacebrick3 said:

Sometimes, when I attach two parts with a strut in a way that they're maybe not supposed to be connected, the strut looks fine in the VAB but sticks out at a 45 degree angle when I launch and when I revert back. Is this a known bug and can it be fixed?

This is a symmetry issue. Do you use editor mods?

I've seen this as well.

I don't use any editor mods besides WASD camera.

I wish I had a pic but I saw it most recently when trying to build a space tower with launch camps, I placed 2 struts with mirror symmetry from the clamp to the lander can pod and one of them ended up facing out and away once the vessel was loaded. Still seemed to work as it should though.

I can re-create this bug consistently.

In my case, it exclusive has to do with placing groups of mirrored struts greater than two, onto mirrored placed parts of a difference amount.

For example,If i manually place two pairs of tanks, and place another pair near them, I will get strut errors if i try to use four struts to connect these pairs of two. Worse so if i try to connect 3 struts to 4 tanks.  I can sometimes Finaggle them into place but upon reload they are all messed up.

This can also happen If you have a pair of struts on a centered object then move the tank to a radial position without reconnecting the struts. There is a phantom strut attached to nothing. Any complex strutting that isn't even i usually do one by one.

Edited by Violent Jeb

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.