[ASC-D] Air Superiority Challenge - Dueling Arena: Challenge others to a duel (and self-post your victory proof)!

b6RRSh6.png

Welcome to the ASC Dueling Arena!

Tired of waiting for an official tournament slot to see how your fighter fares against others? Wait no more!

1. Post either a duel challenge or a duel result:
    • Open challenge: 
      1. Make a post stating you want to open your fighter to challenge anyone
      2. Link your fighter in the post
      3. List any mods used. (You can upload your craft to KerbalX.com to have it do all of this for you).
    • Post a dueling result:
      1. Make a post showing a picture or video of your fighter winning or losing against any other craft in this thread.
      2. Include a link to your fighter in your result post so your awesomeness can be confirmed by others.

2. Duels are whatever you wish to setup (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 2v4, etc). The idea is to show how you win, or lose, so in the crucible of combat dueling, you and others can improve combat aircraft designs.

Who will post the first fighter requesting a duel?

Edited by inigma

I decided to do a 1v1 against CF-90 "Spirit" Block II with my fighter. These are the results:

The start of the match:

MI96pyh.png

And the end of the match: 

uKOWc2p.png

What essentially happened is that both crafts launched missiles at each other at the start of the battle, and successfully dodged these. My fighter approached yours and fired two missiles at around 3km from your aircraft. The CF-90 Spirit Block wasn't able to dodge those, and were destroyed.

I think you might want to make your plane more maneuverable, as it seems to have a hard time dodging missiles at close range. 

Edited by Monkey29399
More Info

9 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Wow, did mine even have a chance in that?  

I've ran a few more tests and it seems like your plane wins in around 30% of the battles. For the most part, the reason why it looses is that it runs out of electric-charge and missiles, and just gets mowed down by turret-fire.

Also, does anyone want to challenge my plane to a 1v1?

This is the craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foka09rb6jyn8zy/Fighter.craft?dl=0

Edited by Monkey29399

21 hours ago, Monkey29399 said:

I've ran a few more tests and it seems like your plane wins in around 30% of the battles. For the most part, the reason why it looses is that it runs out of electric-charge and missiles, and just gets mowed down by turret-fire.

Also, does anyone want to challenge my plane to a 1v1?

This is the craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/foka09rb6jyn8zy/Fighter.craft?dl=0

I'll challenge that with my NEW plane:  https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/KDAF-5-Shorty

I will do a 2v2, and post the video here.

53 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Unfortunately, your plane didn't last very long...Not sure why, you beat my other plane into peanut butter.

I'll run a few more 1v1 tests to see what is going on.

Huh, that's odd. Usually my plane successfully dodges missiles, and has managed to dodge 6+ at a time. Are those missiles laser-Guided?

That may be the reason, my plane doesn't have laser guided missiles countermeasures.

I really should have put those countermeasures on my plane.

Edited by Monkey29399

29 minutes ago, Monkey29399 said:

Huh, that's odd. Usually my plane successfully dodges missiles, and has managed to dodge 6+ at a time. Are those missiles laser-Guided?

That may be the reason, my plane doesn't have laser guided missiles countermeasures.

Nope, they're sidewinders and AIM-120s

44 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Nope, they're sidewinders and AIM-120s

What were the competition mode settings?

Also, I've ran a few more matches against your plane, and this is what happens.

3fqk0jX.png

ryTsunS.png

YZ4rvdu.png

ZW8v8Bk.png

Edited by Monkey29399

5 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Question, I'm experimenting with a small attack drone....and was wondering, what I could do to make it more deadly?

Couple of things. Having two different types of guns is redundant-the AI will only use one. You could probably add some Sidewinders on the tips of the wings, instead. Also, add some countermeasures. 

18 hours ago, Monkey29399 said:

Laser guided missiles are for ground targets that don't move much if at all (the AI won't use them against air), and smoke countermeasures (which, personally, I think are a bit OP) create a stationary cloud of smoke that does nothing when you're zooming along at 200 m/s. I suppose they might counteract the USAF laser but I haven't tested it.

18 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

Anyone is welcome to challenge my plane the VulTurRaptor. Or propose another interesting combat challenge.

https://kerbalx.com/g00bd0g/VulTurRaptor-Max

Your KerbalX video is private...

21 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I'll challenge that with my NEW plane:  https://kerbalx.com/Draconiator/KDAF-5-Shorty

I will do a 2v2, and post the video here.

I've modified my fighter jet to be more maneuverable and deadly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1male4eprlti4y/Fighter%20Mk1.craft?dl=0

Does anyone want to challenge it?

I'll just drop this here if anyone wants to duel it in a 1v1.

dr-evil-300x155.jpg

14 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Question, I'm experimenting with a small attack drone....and was wondering, what I could do to make it more deadly?

First off, remove that browning and any 50 cal ammo boxes. Not only will the AI not use it due to the fact that it can only use one weapon at a time, .50 BMG rounds have the lowest damage and muzzle velocity of all rounds in BDA (which is pretty logical). I've also personally noticed that 20mm Vulcan rounds are currently the most powerful rounds in terms of damage. Not sure if this was intentional, but I'd figure it was a mistake.

I also highly recommend you also add AIM-120 AMRAAMs along with AIM-9 Sidewinders, as most fighters use AIM-120's, and if that plane is fighting an opponent that is using them, then it will be at a harsh tactical disadvantage.

Edited by drtricky

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.