SpaceY Inc. - Raptor 9 v2.0 testing underway! (Submit a payload)

Kerbiter

I really, really love this! I'll make you some payloads! I do have some suggestions, though. Use Kerbal Construction Time, it really makes the game a lot more immersive, especially with mission reports like this.

EDIT: Also, would you like me to pretty-ify your lifter a bit more? The stock tanks don't mesh well with the Tantares tanks.

Edited by legoclone09

Here's an unmanned Komodo I made for resupply missions, it also has a few things I think would be better on it. It does use kOS for one part, though, so maybe install that and you can launch rockets much more easily.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xuP2iNeyMhYmhoUnpjUkhtTHM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by legoclone09

22 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Here's an unmanned Komodo I made for resupply missions, it also has a few things I think would be better on it. It does use kOS for one part, though, so maybe install that and you can launch rockets much more easily.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xuP2iNeyMhYmhoUnpjUkhtTHM/view?usp=sharing

Thanks but we already have one.

17 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I never said that.

Its loose in orbit above Kerbin.

Well, remember there's a huge space debris storm orbiting Kerbin every couple of hours. Haven't you seen Gravioli?

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I also never said that.

You can't believe everything you see in the movies kids.

Well, then, what knocked out Nomad? :confused: 

Edited by KAL 9000

13 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Well, then, what knocked out Nomad? :confused: 

A small meteor shower passing through. It hit one target and most of the debris will deorbit within 3 orbits with each pass being significantly lower than the last due to drag. So the Komodo (being FAR above the orbit of Nomad) is safe and if they wait 12 hours, most of the debris will be gone.

4 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

A small meteor shower passing through. It hit one target and most of the debris will deorbit within 3 orbits with each pass being significantly lower than the last due to drag. So the Komodo (being FAR above the orbit of Nomad) is safe and if they wait 12 hours, most of the debris will be gone.

Ah. I stand corrected :) 

SpaceY Inc. - Cheaper. Better. Quicker.

A company operating communication satellites called Oxygen ZK Perfect Inc. asked us to fly a communications satellite of theirs, ZKSAT-2, to keostationary transfer orbit. They provided us with the satellite and a "Thunder" tug module created by Usscosmos, the Ussari space agency. This was the first launch at SLC-2, and thus had huge fanfare. The flight is designated as Raptor 1 Flight 3.

9JqQD1M.png
The Raptor 1 on its third flight, with the ZKSAT-2, on the launch pad, standby for strongback retractment. [SpaceY]

This was the first flight with the brand new large-size payload fairing. We launched at around before noon. KMAX offered to make a film about the Raptor 1 and reserved for a camera rig to be installed for this launch. It got a great shot.

wnvBcRm.jpg
A KMAX camera's view of the ZKSAT-2 launch. [SpaceY, KMAX]

The rocket roared against the green wheat at the space center. It was a nice view.

5FhHVkF.png
The rocket from near the launch complex after liftoff. [SpaceY]

Our onboard cameras picked up great footage as usual. We could see the facilites of SLC-2 among other things.

yueyuiK.png
A view from the camera on the third Raptor 1. [SpaceY]

The chase cameras also got a good shot. The operators of the chase cameras will be handing over the footage soon, so all we have are the transmitted footage.

9KsDazR.png
A view from a chase camera a few miles from the pad, during Raptor 1 Flight 3. [SpaceY]

First stage burnout and separation were as normal as in previous flights. The second stage ignited as usual and ran for the usual time.

I0bZe6Z.png
A view from the second stage onboard camera. It is said that the first stage is visible here. [SpaceY]

The mass of the payload was unprecedented, and was around 1.5 tons (including the "Thunder" tug module). The LV-900 "Beagle" engine was operating at full thrust.

PxuwZ08.png
The second stage during its first burn on Flight 3. [SpaceY]

The fairing separated when the craft reached 50km in altitude, thanks to a script in the flight computer developed in-house by our programming team.

F4ZGO61.png
The ZKSAT-2 after fairing separation. [SpaceY]

The second stage and satellite stayed in a 100km parking orbit for about 12 minutes before the second burn began. The second burn was observed nominal, and then the satellite was deployed 1 minute after the burn.

xCaX9Qv.png
The ZKSAT-2 deployed from the Raptor 1's second stage. [SpaceY]

Sadly, the satellite's thrusters put it into an orbit that would not keep it in a stable position above Kerbin. Therefore it will only be used for global emergency services, not for Zakanese tentacle cartoons. This was fault of the inferior flight computers of the satellite (only a bit worse than our flight computers built inhouse by our engineering and programming teams). The Raptor 1 performed a great first GTO flight, but the satellite will only be used for its secondary task.

Keep submitting your payloads, and that is it for the progress report.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO, and co-founder of KPal

Edited by Kerbiter

Company - Kerbal MicroSat Engineering

Payload: The MicroSat Quail

Desired Destination: Keostationary Orbit.

Notes: Satelite comes inside payload container (structural fuselage), and does not come with tug. Feel free to design one. MechJeb included, batteries sold seperatly (jk on the batteries thing)

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

Today our Board of Directors decided to create a Suborbital Division. This division was created to supply tourists trips and microgravity research into space.

We have hired Jeff Kerman, CEO of Kerbazon, the well-known online shopping gridsite, as Director of the SpaceY Suborbital Division. He will hire a team to create a suborbital rocket for tourism and microgravity research. That is it for the progress report.

- Elon Kerman, CEO of SpaceY and co-founder of KPal

34 minutes ago, Kerbiter said:

Today our Board of Directors decided to create a Suborbital Division. This division was created to supply tourists trips and microgravity research into space.

We have hired Jeff Kerman, CEO of Kerbazon, the well-known online shopping gridsite, as Director of the SpaceY Suborbital Division. He will hire a team to create a suborbital rocket for tourism and microgravity research. That is it for the progress report.

Could I get a response about our MicroSat Quail?

Company:- Ommex Industries.

Payload:- The Mun Lander

Mass:- 0.9 tonnes

Destination:- Munar Landing

Location:- Anywhere. But our ground-based sensors found strange radio transmissions at  (70° 57′ 25″ S 68° 8′ 19″ W), so please try to get as close to the anomaly.

EDIT:- If you want, you can liftoff from the Mun and make a second attempt. The lander has TOO MUCH Delta-V (1.8 km/s)

Edited by KerbalOmmex
Info on Delta-V

22 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Could I get a response about our MicroSat Quail?

Our engineers thought you didn't have to take it out of the case. We'll take it out and put it inside the fairing completely unexposed.

We will be soon announcing our new larger launch vehicle. This will be carrying heavier payloads into LKO and KTO. Because of size and mass issues, some of your payloads will be on this new vehicle. Apologies for the delays.

Also, we will unveil the actual complete version of the Komodo, because the prototype was a smaller one to test systems.

Keep submitting your payloads, and that is it for the announcement.

- Elon Kerman, SpaceY CEO, and co-founder of KPal

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR

I just finished building the Raptor 9, the actual Komodo, did a static fire, and then launched it. The static fire will be implemented the next couple progress reports, while the Komodo launch will take place a couple progress reports after that.

Sincerely,

- Kerbiter, known as the 2nd-level Kraken to the Kerbals

Today we did the last flight of the Raptor 1. This rocket retired for the deployment of the GUS satellite built in-house by our engineering and scientific teams across the United Provinces, tracking near-Kerbin objects for protection of our Kerbonauts. The flight was marked as Raptor 1 Flight 4, or the Gus Kerman Memorial Flight.

BIo00oD.png
The last Raptor 1 rocket from near the launch pad. [SpaceY]

At T-10 minutes we did a 1 minute moment of silence to commemorate Gus Kerman for his courage.

The strongback was malfunctioning and did not retract, but enough clearance was there for the rocket to clear it. The rocket lifted off at noon.

Jv2vlSQ.png
The last Raptor 1 lifting off from the SLC-2 pad. [SpaceY]

The rocket roared as loud as it ever had been, the "Kiwi" engine roaring very loudly against the crowd of around 500 Kerbals, consisting of our employees, KSC staff, the family of Gus Kerman, among others.

thxLcls.png
The Raptor 1 performing its pitch maneuver for the last time. [SpaceY]

The onboard cameras were performing as usual and were transmitting well. Everything was going as planned.

6zRSEr5.png
The Raptor 1 for the last time burning its Kiwi engine, from onboard cameras. [SpaceY]

The first stage burnt through, and a new chase camera, C02, captured a never-before seen view of the rocket for Kerbals watching at home to gaze at.

HEgnDuu.png
The last Raptor 1 seen from a new chase camera. [SpaceY]

The first stage separated at usual timing. The second stage, due to vibrations from the interstage separation, hovered around the guidance computer's preferred spot through "Beagle" engine startup. However the entire burn was observed to be completely nominal.

p0wvRJJ.png
The second stage "Beagle" engine burning during its last burn. [SpaceY]

Finally, the "Beagle" engine cutoff for the final time, and the Raptor 1 finished its farewell, deploying GUS to do its job.

ooAj3CC.png
The GUS satellite deployed, with rigorous spin stabilization. [SpaceY]

Next progress report, I, Elon Kerman, will unveil the second SpaceY launch vehicle. Its name is Raptor 9. And it will fly like nothing you've ever seen before.

Keep submitting those payloads, and that is it for the progress report.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.