[WIP] [1.2.1] [2.0.4] Stock Size Real Solar System

sDaZe

37 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I just made a little album that I will put shots in rather than clutter up your thread

I clutter up my thread all the time, post more like these.. I love seeing them :D 

Great mod!! I updated to the newest update I am having this problem that I haven't seen before and I was hoping there is an easy fix. I get this halo around most planets with atmospheres:

Sorry for the double post, user error. I am using Windows 7 64bit

XcOoZ8G.jpg

Edited by Duckyb4
insert image

1 minute ago, Duckyb4 said:

Great mod!! I updated to the newest update I am having this problem that I haven't seen before and I was hoping there is an easy fix. I get this halo around most planets with atmospheres:

Please post screenshots. And your specs. Like Mac or windows?

Edited by sDaZe

20 minutes ago, Duckyb4 said:

Sorry my image I am trying to post....Windows 7

XcOoZ8G.jpg

Have you done a clean install?  Like,  delete everything and install step by step? Don't install any other mod.  See if this is happening with just ssrss

When did Earths clouds get changed? I missed a few revisions before updating today.. I'm not a fan of them at all.. It's ugly and unrealistic.   The current cloud implementation has static "popcorn" look as if there are no jet streams or air currents, weather fronts moving around on Earth

Older version. Very distinct look to the clouds to give the impression of wind currents, and weather fronts moving across the land. Picture perfect "Blue Marble" look.

kdx2GiW.jpg

What is currently in game.. Looks like just random blotches of cloud textures with absolutely no direction or form to them..  You would think Earth is a windless planet where clouds just hover in place..  Not a "Blue Marble".. It's.. Not Earth

kdU20Sq.jpg

Edited by styckx
Stuff

It is also to be noted (although I know that it is impossible to avoid without deleting it), but the storm going around Earth makes no sense. It sometimes goes in Siberia while being just as intact as if it was in the pacific or something.

43 minutes ago, styckx said:

When did Earths clouds get changed? I missed a few revisions before updating today.. I'm not a fan of them at all.. It's ugly and unrealistic.   The current cloud implementation has static "popcorn" look as if there are no jet streams or air currents, weather fronts moving around on Earth

Older version. Very distinct look to the clouds to give the impression of wind currents, and weather fronts moving across the land. Picture perfect "Blue Marble" look.

kdx2GiW.jpg

What is currently in game.. Looks like just random blotches of cloud textures with absolutely no direction or form to them..  You would think Earth is a windless planet where clouds just hover in place..  Not a "Blue Marble".. It's.. Not Earth

kdU20Sq.jpg

We just updated our sve.  

14 minutes ago, TonyC said:

It is also to be noted (although I know that it is impossible to avoid without deleting it), but the storm going around Earth makes no sense. It sometimes goes in Siberia while being just as intact as if it was in the pacific or something.

Good thing you can delete it then :wink:  

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

The cirrus layer is using a different texture as the old one was too low of a resolution for my liking and was removed.

I can't believe people get so upset over clouds :confused:

Same :P  I think they look great 

Having a strange issue with Earth's atmosphere (and presumably other planets atmospheres too). Atmosphere ends somewhere around 63km instead of the intended 100km.

Not really sure where this is coming from as I shouldn't have any mods that would otherwise affect it and SSRSS should be the latest unless there was another ninja update since last night.

Uploaded my log. I gave it a look through but I couldn't pinpoint anything thats doing anything wonky.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17ouifhp4o3a2b3/KSP.log?dl=0

3 minutes ago, G'th said:

Having a strange issue with Earth's atmosphere (and presumably other planets atmospheres too). Atmosphere ends somewhere around 63km instead of the intended 100km.

Not really sure where this is coming from as I shouldn't have any mods that would otherwise affect it and SSRSS should be the latest unless there was another ninja update since last night.

Uploaded my log. I gave it a look through but I couldn't pinpoint anything thats doing anything wonky.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17ouifhp4o3a2b3/KSP.log?dl=0

In the changelog i made the atmosphere end at 70k because ohiobob gave me some really good insight on atmospheres. So yeah its not a bug 

Huh. Seems strange but okeedoke.

Does, however still introduce an issue with timewarping, as I can't warp from ~95km until I actually enter the atmosphere.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I could not find it already discussed in the thread.

Has anyone made updated configs for using Final Frontier with this mod? I noticed in the FF thread @Berlin saying he would make some for this mod and I was just wondering if that ever happened. I would love to use them both together.

Thanks for this wonderful mod!

1 hour ago, G'th said:

Huh. Seems strange but okeedoke.

Does, however still introduce an issue with timewarping, as I can't warp from ~95km until I actually enter the atmosphere.

Weird cuz I can timewarp at 70k...  

And its not strange. All body atmospheres use the same atmospheres as the stock planets in ksp. This mod afterall is called SSRSS 

Edited by sDaZe

10 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Weird cuz I can timewarp at 70k...  

And its not strange. All body atmospheres use the same atmospheres as the stock planets in ksp. This mod afterall is called SSRSS 

I had the same issue, it says no timewarping under 91km

Yesterday I just flew for 20mins just looking around.

One thing I noticed is the blue ring on the horizon on Earth, great idea, might be a touch to strong.

6 minutes ago, selfish_meme said:

I had the same issue, it says no timewarping under 91km

2 hours ago, G'th said:

Try going into SSRSS - RSSKopernicus - Earth and change whats in there to this

timewarpAltitudeLimits = 0 13000 13000 130000 2000000 35000000 35000000 35000000

So just remove one of the zeros on all of the numbers

Edited by sDaZe

5 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

I can't believe people get so upset over clouds :confused:

I'm not upset, even if it came off that way..  It's just.. Earth doesn't look like Earth as we know it anymore..  It doesn't look "bad" but it's not an accurate portrayal of Earth clouds anymore like it has in past interations. It doesn't trick your mind that earth has weather and wind patterns anymore.. It gives you the impressions cottonballs are there and earth rotates under them..  

Edited by styckx