1. 1. Where should I go next?

• Moho
    • Dres
    • Jool, and any moon I can get to
    • Eeloo
    • Go to the Mun you overacheiver!
    • Go to Minmus you overacheiver!

Just now, DaMachinator said:

I was talking more about how you got it to orbit around the Mun, as the CoM of rovers is usually not centered on the attachment node used to connect it to the rocket.

I just stuck a decoupler on the back (Reaction wheels are your best friend by the way, so when you're ready to land you can move quickly), and I rotated the rover until I could launch it without having to relearn the controls.

I've learned a valuable lesson today everyone.

Octosats are probably only good for flyby probes, unless you start the orbital incursion burn with a bigger engine, because I had to get it into orbit with it's fuel since I made a small rocket, then it was a 4 minute burn to the Mun, and slowing down into orbit took 2 minutes, better than the Dawn thruster, yes, but still slow.

Aside from that it's really good :)

Edited by Spaceception

Bop flyby!! With my 3 new mods!!

Yes, I know, not Moho, but I couldn't find the encounter again, so I just went to Jool :P

So uh, there's only 2 bodies I haven't been close up to. unfortunately, Eeloo is tricky, and i can't find an encounter.

Okay, I've technically got a space station in orbit, so now I'm looking at an Ike colony, with 7 Kerbal's, luckily, one of my mods include super cool landing legs!!! Plus a light up docking port, and really cool cupola module. :D  Mods Mods MODS!!!!

Hey guys, you wanna hear something funny? Turns out those 'Light up docking ports' aren't actually docking ports, just a base with lights to put a docking port onto.

giphy.gif

Time to deorbit/relaunch.

Edited by Spaceception

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.