Ok. So here is the story, I run KSP from steam, and have done so since .21 came out. The game became super unstable at 1.1.0 and has crashed an entirely unacceptable amount of times, something around 15-20 times since then. The short of it is, I just removed KSP completely from my machine save for 2 save files which I have NOT YET re-integrated or even re-integrated my mods yet, so, I am for the moment unmodded. Prior to this slash and burn I was able to punch resolution up to 1920 X 1080 <had to do this as a work around for the obscenely large Nav Ball and Crew pics>. Well, I want to run my resolution back up to that as I got used to it. BUT, I can select 1920 X 1080, I hit apply then accept and go back to check, and its stuck at 1680 X 1050. Is there a reason I cannot push my resolution back to what I want and had prior to trying to get the game to become stable again?

For visibility sake, I repost this here:  Ok. So here is the story, I run KSP from steam, and have done so since .21 came out. The game became super unstable at 1.1.0 and has crashed an entirely unacceptable amount of times, something around 15-20 times since then. The short of it is, I just removed KSP completely from my machine save for 2 save files which I have NOT YET re-integrated or even re-integrated my mods yet, so, I am for the moment unmodded. Prior to this slash and burn I was able to punch resolution up to 1920 X 1080 <had to do this as a work around for the obscenely large Nav Ball and Crew pics>. Well, I want to run my resolution back up to that as I got used to it. BUT, I can select 1920 X 1080, I hit apply then accept and go back to check, and its stuck at 1680 X 1050. Is there a reason I cannot push my resolution back to what I want and had prior to trying to get the game to become stable again?

I ramped up the resolution prior to the reintroduction of adjustable nav ball sizes because using the blanket UI slider made things...awkward to say the least. BUT, on the resolution thing, the version of this question i dumped into general KSP came up with what I think is the answer. I think my native screens resolution is blocking KSP from punching up to full 1920 x 1080 as my screens native is 1680 x 1050...

If all you want is a smaller NavBall, then stick with your native screen resolution and just use the ingame settings for UI scale along with

to allow for an individual scaling of every UI element. (I.E.: only make the navball smaller etc)

If you insist on using a bigger resolution, you have to turn on your dynamic super resolution (DSR, on Nvidia) or virtual super resolution (VSR, on ATI) in the system wide settings of your graphics hardware.