[1.4.2] Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy 1.1.8 (18/04/2018)

severedsolo

Hi. I've just installed this mod and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it means by Experiment: Golf Scorecard.

I've equip my recruited scientist with a golf club looking thing and ran a experiment with it at the desired location but it does not tick the box.

I cannot find a scorecard in Research and Development. Any help please?

Greetings, thanks for the mod, I've been enjoying it so far. I did however ran into an issue? With a field science contract. It's asking me collect surface sample from "KSC's Midlands". I have no idea where that is, Kerbin doesn't seem to have a midland biome? Where do I need to go? thanks !

6 hours ago, I3laze said:

Hi. I've just installed this mod and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it means by Experiment: Golf Scorecard.

I've equip my recruited scientist with a golf club looking thing and ran a experiment with it at the desired location but it does not tick the box.

I cannot find a scorecard in Research and Development. Any help please?

I assume that you have a  mod installed that adds that experiment, as it's not a stock one. Possibly This One you would need to ask the author.

29 minutes ago, holymoly said:

With a field science contract. It's asking me collect surface sample from "KSC's Midlands".

Uh, no idea. Tagging @nightingale - All non "Main KSC BIomes" are supposed to be filtered out. Any ideas?

Edit: Actually do you have anything that messes with the biomes installed? Kopernicus, something like that?

Edited by severedsolo

8 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

I assume that you have a  mod installed that adds that experiment, as it's not a stock one. Possibly This One you would need to ask the author.

Uh, no idea. Tagging @nightingale - All non "Main KSC BIomes" are supposed to be filtered out. Any ideas?

Edit: Actually do you have anything that messes with the biomes installed? Kopernicus, something like that?

@I3laze - Nope, no golf there, just fishing.

@holymoly - That's bizarre.  Can you send me a save file?

I think the obvious question that hasn't been asked is: Has he/she moved KSC? If not, then step two is do a text search for the string "KSC Midlands" or even just "midlands" since I think only the Mun and Minmus have it off the top of my head. (Edit: Nevermind, every celestial has a midlands apparently).

Of infinitely more importance though: Are you messing with the Kerbal Academy flag in the OP? Everytime I load the page, it's switched from either one keral head to two:confused:. It's probably an aspect ratio issue or something mundane, but I'm more inclined to throw accusations of shenanigans.:D

(I'm really just here for the latest version)

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I don't have that mod installed. I'll have to read all the mod descriptions I have installed to see if I can find it. I checked the tech tree and non have a golf scorecard. 

If I let the contract expire in the offers list will it come up again?

Edited by I3laze
Edit

OK I've checked the mods descriptions I have installed and I cannot see anywhere it says about a golf scorecard. 

Looks like I need to wait for contract offer to expire and see if it will generate another one with a different science experiment. That's if it regenerates one. 

1 hour ago, I3laze said:

OK I've checked the mods descriptions I have installed and I cannot see anywhere it says about a golf scorecard. 

Looks like I need to wait for contract offer to expire and see if it will generate another one with a different science experiment. That's if it regenerates one. 

It should do. What Kerbal Academy (or rather Contract Configurator) does, is makes a list of every experiment available that meets the criteria (off the top of my head, I believe it's "any experiment on a body you have visited, where the biome holds more science than you currently have in your pot"). Then it picks one of those at random.

So, you will get other experiments, but you may see the scorecard repeated too. Unfortunately, without knowing the mod it comes from, I'm not able to filter those out.

@Deimos Rast - IMGUR being weird. I uploaded the flag image directly, which is smaller than the average image, so it seems to want to fill the space. On my phone it looks fine, on my PC I get a double image. Or I'm doing it to mess with you. You choose.

Edited by severedsolo

4 hours ago, I3laze said:

Do you have the Surface Experiment mod installed? If so it should be through clicking on your guy on EVA I think (there is a golf club "experiment") might be related, not sure. Also, you can accept/decline and complete contracts from the Debug menu. You could just complete it and subtract the funds (or not). Hold down the MOD key in the cheat menu for a few seconds to bring up the funds menu.

Edited by Deimos Rast

6 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

subtract the funds (or not). Hold down the MOD key in the cheat menu for a few seconds to bring up the funds menu.

Don't forget these contracts cost funds. So you want to add funds if you complete it.....

I do have the surface experiment mod installed. I used a golf club looking thing but when I equipped it on Eva it cancels out all the check marks because I'm not in the vessel. 

I have let the contract pass now and will see if I get a new science contact again. 

Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, I3laze said:

I do have the surface experiment mod installed. I used a golf club looking thing but when I equipped it on Eva it cancels out all the check marks because I'm not in the vessel.

That sounds like a bug at my end. What contract was it?

It was the bootcamp science contract. 

I had to recover science using the golf score card from area Astronaut Complex.

I may have an old save that I can screenshot for you later when I get home. 

32 minutes ago, I3laze said:

It was the bootcamp science contract. 

I had to recover science using the golf score card from area Astronaut Complex.

I may have an old save that I can screenshot for you later when I get home. 

Ah right. That should already be fixed in 1.1.2, I know you got this contract before I released that. The tracker will now follow your scientist.

This is a really great idea and a lot of fun, the only thing i can't figure out is how to get into the location "KSC's Plains" I've driven around everywhere and it doesn't pop.  Great mod and thanks for any clarification!

2 hours ago, Chronocook said:

This is a really great idea and a lot of fun, the only thing i can't figure out is how to get into the location "KSC's Plains" I've driven around everywhere and it doesn't pop.  Great mod and thanks for any clarification!

Sounds like you may have the same issue as @holymoly, so questions:

1) what contract was it?

2) Please provide a save.

3) Any mods that move KSC, or fiddle with planets (like Kopernicus)?

Edited by severedsolo

Another interesting experience to report.

I accepted a Boot Camp contract and didn't realize until I was at the airfield, exploring EVA, that it was a science boot camp. After recovering Marvin and his plane the contract said "vessel: Marvin Kerman". So I launched him onto the runway and took an EVA report, that went ok and completed the EVA report requirement. But Marvin is a pilot so it didn't complete the contract. I launched Herman, a level zero scientist. Recovering him without doing an EVA report on the runway completed the contract. I guess Marvin must have been paid to do Herman's homework for him. And nobody gets experience for cheating.

8 hours ago, Aelios said:

Another interesting experience to report.

I accepted a Boot Camp contract and didn't realize until I was at the airfield, exploring EVA, that it was a science boot camp. After recovering Marvin and his plane the contract said "vessel: Marvin Kerman". So I launched him onto the runway and took an EVA report, that went ok and completed the EVA report requirement. But Marvin is a pilot so it didn't complete the contract. I launched Herman, a level zero scientist. Recovering him without doing an EVA report on the runway completed the contract. I guess Marvin must have been paid to do Herman's homework for him. And nobody gets experience for cheating.

Oh for petes sake. OK drastic measures it is. Will roll an update out later

So I've had an idea on how to fix the Boot Camp stuff once and for all, before I resort to drastic measures.

Unfortunately, it will have to wait, as I have a policy of not releasing updates when a KSP update is in experimentals (just makes life easier for CKAN, because it means I don't have to do an empty update)

Also, I have family visiting for the next 10 days (ish) so support will be slim/non existent for the next 2 weeks.

@severedsolo  If this pack is made by the author of Bases and Stations, I'm adding this without questioning :3

On 6/11/2016 at 6:32 PM, severedsolo said:

Unfortunately, it will have to wait, as I have a policy of not releasing updates when a KSP update is in experimentals (just makes life easier for CKAN, because it means I don't have to do an empty update)

A link to a pre-release won't hurt :)

Edited by Enceos