Ore Near Kerbin

Hi, all I have been playing for years now, first time posting here with a question.

I took the contract to get ore from minimus to Kerbin. I can get everything checked except for "ore near kerbin."

I went so far as to use KIS and reconfigure in space to make a lander for the ore container and bring it to the surface. Currently I have the container sitting solid on the surface and it still won't complete. Thoughts?

I have KIS, Engineer, and Alarm clock installed.

Thanks.

Here are the screen shots of the contract and where I have it now.

V8lH5vz.png

xnf0Sx0.png

Edited by Snark
Fixed image links

Could I see the contract on the screen, like as an image uploaded to Imgur or at least type it all in? Including the checkmarks next to it? This would be in the flight window with the contracts window up.

Short: I don't know what could be wrong. My first guess is that the contract requires the ore to be in orbit with a periapsis over 70km and an apoapsis under whatever number is listed in the contract, if any.

1 hour ago, Hotwire83 said:

I put the pictures in the original post...

At least I think i did. If I did that wrong let me know.

You seem to have done it wrong, or at least all I see are the letter codes. However my imgur-fu is moderate so I see the images (See below).

Yeah that's pretty cut and dried. I'd say recreate it in a stock game and report it as a bug. That will of course be a pain because you'd need to start a new stock career though you could pretty easily alt-f12 science and money into your economy so you start on day 0 with the required tech nodes unlocked and money to build the ship.

V8lH5vz.jpg

xnf0Sx0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You generally check each point of this contract a time, first you have to mine the ore, it should tag the first two requirements, also the have on board one,  then transfer ore to the carrier. then this is disconnected you should still have the two requirements tagged. 
Near Kerbin is just in kerbin SOI so getting it out of Minmus SOI will fulfill it and you can return to Minmus with it. 

Hi, magnemoe, thank you for the answer.

Unfortunately, that don't work in my case. Maybe is because my harvester was made before the contract sign ( although the contract does not specify that) or was made in an earlier version and, for some reason, the game wont recognise that the ore is the same fresh ore (from the mun in my case).

I have tried any thing you can imagine to tag this contract. :( The next step should be sent a new expensive harvester to the mun an see what happens.

Sorry for my terrible google english.

Fixed the image links in the original post.

It shouldn't matter when your harvester was built.

In fact, my experience is that it doesn't even matter whether the fresh-ore-you-extracted is the same ore that you have on your vessel to complete the contract.  In other words, I think it normally works if, for example, you harvest the ore from Minmus, leave it there (or flush it, or turn it into fuel, or whatever you like), and then actually launch a new vessel at KSC that has 1200 ore on it and the contract instantly completes while it's sitting there on the pad.  Reason:  Ore is ore.  After it's harvested, the game doesn't have any way of knowing where it came from or when it was mined.

So this is sounding kind of like a bug to me.  The main proviso is that I'm not sure exactly what is meant by "near Kerbin"-- that's new wording to me.  I've seen "land your ore on Kerbin", I haven't personally seen "near Kerbin".  (There used to be "bring your ore to Kerbin" which mean "anywhere in Kerbin's SoI", maybe they just fixed the wording?  But in that case, you ought to be completed now; in fact, you ought to have completed the moment you stepped outside Minmus' SoI.)

@Arsonide, you're the contracts guy-- can you shed any light on what's going on here?

In the meantime, to the OP:  I'd say that by all rights your contract ought to have completed, so IMHO you can just use the cheat menu with a clear conscience.  Alt+F12 will bring up the menu, then you can browse around in there and find the tab that lets you mark the contract as "completed" and you'll get the reward.

I had a thought, reading this thread:

What if "Near Kerbin" means "In a stable orbit of Kerbin" and you were never in one? When you left Minmus, did you - from low Minmus orbit - bring your Kerbin Periapsis below 70km? If so, your ship was never in Kerbin orbit with the ore.

Also:

58 minutes ago, Snark said:

I'd say that by all rights your contract ought to have completed, so IMHO you can just use the cheat menu with a clear conscience.  Alt+F12 will bring up the menu, then you can browse around in there and find the tab that lets you mark the contract as "completed" and you'll get the reward.

I second this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.