Missing Savefiles or "rollback" On restart - Got a workaround

i just managed too make two new saves, that is playable. The first test was a 200part rocket, that i set in kerbin orbit. Saved/restarted & it worked as it should.

2nd time, i used the 295part rocket (when i launch this one, every seccond ingame takes 4-5 sec irl, small framedropp, but i think i expected this http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/video/19806646) i tried yesterday, put also that into orbit With the rest. Quicksaved, made a Hard save#3 and it also Works as normal now.!?!         

Need too try out more... starting too get clueless, i mean, if i cant replicate it, its just random or sumthing....

Edited by DaCana

15 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Do you lose your quicksave?

What about making named saves when at the KSC, they should survive.

As for the Ps4 saves, maybe try this.

I lose all of my saves except for the persistant save file (for some reason a MUCH MUCH older one) and a single quicksave file. The same files every time. Just running in place basically. It always reverts to the same spot

36 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Do you lose your quicksave?

What about making named saves when at the KSC, they should survive.

As for the Ps4 saves, maybe try this.

Hey Sal

i always test this With saves from KSC, just default names of quicksave#1-10(). Renaming them doesnt help anyways, ive tried,.

Regarding my 2 first tests above, i did one small thing that i didnt mention earlier, i deleted some of the old Ships i had made in build mode. That prolly freed up some Space or sumthing.

I've tested once more now, and i think im on too something, regarging "lost saves".  I need too try too replicate it even more, but i had a hunch about it beeing sumthing about "max saves" yesterday, wich i started my original topic about, but later renamed it, cuz deleting saved games didnt help in the long run.

Heres the problem: And maybe solution. Max saves? & Saving a ship or gameprogress takes up the same Space?

When i just did, was Start the same game as i spoke of above, Career btw... went into build mode, loaded my biggest rocket.

Then i renamed it 20X times & saved the new names, went out too KSC, made a Quicksave#4.

Then reloaded game, And woala...    The savegame #4 was Lost!!

And what about the spaceship saves, well..... only the first 6 of the created 20 was seen. the last 14 was lost.

That beeing said, theres still like 30+ ships too load, it just seems like you cant save any more then a given number,

Hope thats a little tip.

Also i have the Stock ships also loaded, so Guess they also take up some Space.

hope someone can test this out, just too see if it can help at all, Delete some old Crafts, my Guess, the ones With more parts, takes up way more Space ^*

Edited by DaCana

15 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

If it's older that suggests it's from the ps4/xbox servers, as it syncs your data online.

Makes sense. The only confusing part about that is the fact that that would mean that it stops syncing at some point. For example: I smashed the game for over 8 hours one day, almost 5 hours the next day and then it rolls back to hour 6 of the first day. Never synced once on the second day I guess? 

And out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to know if Squad is even responsible for the console patches would you? Is it up to them to make fixes or Flying Tiger? Or both?

3 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Well I'd assume Flying Tiger (I'll call them FT to save my fingers) will do the updates.

Loading old saves makes me think it's keeping copies and is syncing the wrong ones.

Sounds like one heck of a headache for a sub-contracted 3rd party developer who also has the go through Microsoft or Sony to get certification to make a patch. That's a mouthful. :blush:

just made  a try too replicate what i did earlier, this time With some proof.

What i did was load the career, wich now would not save anymore (due too max Crafts in load menu),

went into Build mode, & deleted some Crafts. Made a new save - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4549587

named del ship,

Restarted the game, & it worked.

Now, i just entered build mode again, renamed a large ship & saved it several times. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4549605

Back too KSC, made a new save - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4549591 called many ships.

Restarted game. Tried too load the last save and it was gone, - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4549592

The ship i had renamed/saved was aslo just gone, exept from the original.

As i said, looks more or less like its some problem With max Space held of for saves of any kind, or something.

This is the Saves Lost Problem tho....  

Edited by DaCana

2 hours ago, Andem said:

Does this thread even belong in support? It seems to be more of a general complaint rather than a bug or a glitch.

did you even read any of the posts in the thread?  or just the Title? 

And btw I never put this Thread in support, i put it in General area, Val must have linked it or sumthing, cuz it conserns every console player. And this was the 1st thread they (Squad) ever mentioned they knew about the problem.

On ‎21‎.‎07‎.‎2016 at 9:19 PM, sal_vager said:

So more than 20 ships and it breaks saves?

Lols its even Worse...  and someone must help me verify this. Please.

IF this is right, you just need too free up some Space every now and then, Deleting old Crafts AND SaveGames. And this might just keep ur progressing thru the game, until it can be pathced.

Cuz i Guess, it was never intended too have this little savespace, or just toooootaly underrestimated how big a save would be for a 299 parts Craft.

I just started a New Career (deleted the old). With no Stock-Crafts. Now, since i played an hour or so in career before doing this final test, i already had 3 Crafts Saved, One Untitled, one Auto saved, And one Named.

So what i did was making one Huge XL rocket, 299 Parts. Saved it Once, Saved the Game! Reloded the game And all seemed normal. For now....

I then loaded up the rocket With 299 Parts,  And just duplicated it, With diffent savenames every time.

In this Vid http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/video/19814821, its the saves from the Top that got 299 parts, was named 01,02,02a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k     

Then i Saved my game in KSC - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/video/19814911

Restarted The game, Loaded Career. And woala, Again Proof. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/video/19814812

In this Vid, you see that the Save file has dissapared, and When loading up Crafts load

screen, It has only Saved ships 01,02,02a,02b,02c,02d & 02e.

Also, Notise that last saved ship in Vid, the Icon of it, Seems like a "corrupt" save? That last one that failed ;o :P ?

Thats a Whole 7 XL Craft saves, + 3 With less then 50 parts.

That means, If you make 8 Huge Rockets, I Guess you just cant save anything.

Guess this is a Fix until it gets patched.

Edited by DaCana

19 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

I appreciate the support! I look forward to my next problem so that we can do this all again soon lol. Thanks man!

Yeah, like Sal's the one who solved the problem :P:wink:   no prob dude,  cred go, where creds earnd

, im just glad i can play it again.  have fun ^*

Edited by DaCana

4 minutes ago, DaCana said:

Yeah, like Sal's the one who solved the problem :P:wink:   no prob dude,  cred go, where creds earnd

, im just glad i can play it again.  have fun ^*

Sorry bro, no offense. I was basically thanking him for his time considering that he works for Squad. I did however say that you were right. :) Just need to keep the ship save file and part count down.

Just now, Homedawgian said:

Sorry bro, no offense. I was basically thanking him for his time considering that he works for Squad. I did however say that you were right. :) Just need to keep the ship save file and part count down.

hehe no prob m8 ^* Yeah, luv that Sal is keeping an eye on this thread.  btw this gets me thinking....  seems like theres a 10-11mb savefile, when managing the game in Xboxone.

And, theres not just the Ships, i'm guessing every ship in flight, and every sub-parts thingey that lets you pre-assemble a set of parts, would most likely also fill up some sort of savespace. How this is managed is prolly something Sal knows more about tho.

i mean, its still an issue if you cant even have 8 Craft recepies saved up, but not even loaded into game, boucuse If thats enough too max out the memory, then i wouldnt try out very complex missions, With mutiple Crafts just yet. Until its fixed.

It might just be, that having flights in action & Saving this, could take up more Space in memory, then the savefiles of Crafts (not in action)  maybe?

34 minutes ago, DaCana said:

hehe no prob m8 ^* Yeah, luv that Sal is keeping an eye on this thread.  btw this gets me thinking....  seems like theres a 10-11mb savefile, when managing the game in Xboxone.

And, theres not just the Ships, i'm guessing every ship in flight, and every sub-parts thingey that lets you pre-assemble a set of parts, would most likely also fill up some sort of savespace. How this is managed is prolly something Sal knows more about tho.

i mean, its still an issue if you cant even have 8 Craft recepies saved up, but not even loaded into game, boucuse If thats enough too max out the memory, then i wouldnt try out very complex missions, With mutiple Crafts just yet. Until its fixed.

It might just be, that having flights in action & Saving this, could take up more Space in memory, then the savefiles of Crafts (not in action)  maybe?

I think that any saved ship basically takes up about the same amount of memory as a ship in action (aside from velocity/trajectory). I'm just going to keep it simple for now and try using MPLs as multipurpose and not dedicating any one MPL to a single body. I'm using a single MPL at the moment, collected data from Kerbin orbit then moved it to Muner orbit and now it's landed on Minmus with full data and plenty of experiments on standby. It's already generated over 1000 science from a single launch. 

If this bug has done anything good, it's taught me how to be super efficient.

I'm curious if it would be a bad idea to send a probe on a voyager-like mission. I'm wondering if traveling too far from the system will cause a crash/rollback.

Edited by Homedawgian

Yeah, but ships in action might also have stats like heat/propelant/bat/solar+ and so on, I'd need too do tests on my PC Version too check this one out, but...  for now i'll let others take a looke at that ^* now that i can play this beauty again ^^

But, What i will make manditory, after longer sessions on KSP, is delete anything i really dont need, as Crafts & debrees/satelites i no longer need, THEN make a save.   I would Guess that would do it, if one was too max out without knowing it.

8 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

Does anyone know if space debris  despawns at some point? I don't see any way of clearing it all out aside from making sure it's on a collision course before jettisoning it.

Not sure if it's present in the console versions, but in the settings there should be a slider for "Max Persistent Debris", that will automatically remove debris to stay within that limit. You can also delete it manually from the Tracking Station.

5 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Not sure if it's present in the console versions, but in the settings there should be a slider for "Max Persistent Debris", that will automatically remove debris to stay within that limit. You can also delete it manually from the Tracking Station.

Well in that case, I'm assuming it despawns because I don't believe the tracking station has been showing anything that doesn't have some type of command module on it. I'll have to look more into that when I get a chance to get on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.