Missing Savefiles or "rollback" On restart - Got a workaround

PS: EDITED TOPIC; FROM "Hey Squad! Do you ever take a look in the Ps4/Xboxone threads? are you hiding from us?"

Too something more on Topic again!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well So here it is, I found a temporary Fix for the "Saves Lost/Rollback" problem. 

Just free up some Space, by Deleting Old SaveGames & "unused" Craft-recepies, from ex. Build menu, Press Load Craft, Then just Delete some Old stuff, also seems that "XL" Ships With more parts, takes up alot more of the memory and that is uses the same memorybank as savegames. So having too many "Crafts" saved up, even if not loaded into game, they use up a huge amount of Memory.

Some has already tested this, and seems too work, So, you just need too free up some Space every now and then, Deleting old Crafts. And this might just keep ur progressing thru the game, until it can be pathced

In my Final Test, I managed too save a Whole lot of 8 x 300Parts Ships. Yeah! 8. Thats all you need too max out Your savebank ^*

Also SaveGames, With alot of flights in them, will also take up some memory. To try not having too many saves at the same time too. 

Seems they use up the same Space of memory, so one overrides the other, and visaversa.

For the latest News about this workaround, check out AndyChilly's Post under. I voter it up, so should be right under this OP!

Gl hope this helps. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Check Out Best answer Post Under!.!

what the heck Squad? all these problems With the broken Console Version (cant save(Xbox)/corrupt saves(ps4)).

Could you guys atleast give us a Word or sumthing?

Now it seems most in that forum want to get a refund! And wait with the Money in Our own pockets too see if this will be fixed, cuz when you dont even answer our posts, it will problably take some time before its gonna be playable again.

This Title should maybe be withdrawn from Xbox Store and Ps4 store. Its a borked release!  Wont be long until i ask Xbox why this is still for sale.        

I do get it that you are in deep excrements atm, but a Word from you would be so Nice!

Edited by DaCana
added vital info for the bug itself on top of post!

well. its not unusual too have someone working With/for the community.  Nope, they answer Controll mapping problems, cuz its easy

This is a totaly New release. And the Forum is dead! when it comes for answers from Squad, having too do With these game braking feilures.

10 minutes ago, eddiew said:

To be fair, Squad handed over the console ports to third parties. While I get that it must be frustrating, they're not the right target for your anger...

somewhat true. i get that FT got a hand in this too, but Squad made the core of this game, and i do think they do make a buck or two on the Console sales also?  So that every console buyer will eventualy ask for a refund, should concern them! or....?

Just for fun do a search for a ksp forum yourself, where does it point you? 

or take a look at FTs site, blog last updated 1015 - http://www.flyingtigerentertainment.com/blog

or show me they'r forum... 

1 hour ago, DaCana said:

Now it seems most in that forum want to get a refund!

15 minutes ago, DaCana said:

So that every console buyer will eventualy ask for a refund, should concern them!

See, when you make obviously false statements like this it's really hard to take you seriously. I've seen perhaps three people on the forum say they want refunds. Three. I've seen far more people helping each other work around whatever issues they're having, or looking for help in learning to play.

I'm sure the console versions will improve with updates, just as the PC versions have. This sort of rant is not constructive or helpful, though.

I look at these forums, and I have and will continue to raise the issues I find here with the producer, as a tester for PC (mostly Linux) that's all I can do.

KSP on PC was never a single release, it has seen many updates and will continue to do so, so there is no reason to believe that KSP on console will not see those same updates over time, and community feedback can be incorporated.

All of us on these forums are very well aware of the issues with the consoles, if we can help we'll try but it's not easy, it's a closed system with no logs and ported by a 3rd party, so anything not in the PC version is new ground to us.

So I ask you all to give Squad time to sort these issues with Flying Tiger, and I ask you @DaCana to not swear :)

7 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

See, when you make obviously false statements like this it's really hard to take you seriously. I've seen perhaps three people on the forum say they want refunds. Three. I've seen far more people helping each other work around whatever issues they're having, or looking for help in learning to play.

I'm sure the console versions will improve with updates, just as the PC versions have. This sort of rant is not constructive or helpful, though.

They are venting dude. If I paid full price for a game that corrupted saves losing hours of work or would refuse to even save I would be angry as all hell.

You can guantee there are many others experiencing this and not posting about it to these forums. 

Flying Tiger and or Squad need to acknowledge this in some way as it is unacceptable. 

Folks have been asking for help from the day the game was released, over a week ago and there has been zero response from the product/service provider. 

Console owners aren't used to games in this state, I am quite forgiving of games with a vertical learning curve, and I am struggling to get my head around it, I dread to think how it has been received by some of the less forgiving console owners.

22 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

ok, most havent said thhat they would like a refund, Only the ones that have saving issues as far as i see. Most of them would prolly ask for a refund as the game its impossible too progress in Career or Sci mode.

2ndly, i said "eventualy", that said, my m8, that i told too buy this game, hasnt gotten as far as me in the game, so he can still save, But not for long im afraid. I've warned him about my problem, and if he also get the same, he would most likely also ask for a refund. Its unplayable atm.

That in my eyes, means that this is a problem that would esculate, just get bigger every day, and more and more would ask for refunds.

Now... i wasnt in these forums too get a refund, only get the attention of Squad! wich might just have worked....   If it will be fixed, & maybe they'll give a rough date on when, then this Whole case changes alot..

Edited by DaCana

16 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I look at these forums, and I have and will continue to raise the issues I find here with the producer, as a tester for PC (mostly Linux) that's all I can do.

KSP on PC was never a single release, it has seen many updates and will continue to do so, so there is no reason to believe that KSP on console will not see those same updates over time, and community feedback can be incorporated.

All of us on these forums are very well aware of the issues with the consoles, if we can help we'll try but it's not easy, it's a closed system with no logs and ported by a 3rd party, so anything not in the PC version is new ground to us.

So I ask you all to give Squad time to sort these issues with Flying Tiger, and I ask you @DaCana to not swear :)

Thanks Sal-vager

Yeah, i know how it worked on PC, when i bought this game the first day of early release, i knew what could await me, With bugs and a half finished game.  I also didnt have a Gold-release price tag.

Well, if there was any info at all we console gamers could give you, you could ofcourse ask, its not like its impossible too atleast shere Screens or Clips anymore. But i Guess you're the only one in this forum from Squad, and got other Things too do.

& sorry for swearing soooo much? :P           might have been nicer too say "in deep trouble" :P seriously?  

I'm honestly not sure what I can even ask you guys to provide, as far as I know there's no KSP.log or output_log on consoles, no crash folders, nada.

If anyone can find a method to reliably cause the save data loss that would be useful, though so far it looks like it's completely random.

Just now, Majorjim said:

I don't get your point man? 

The sentence I quoted: "If I paid full price for a game that corrupted saves losing hours of work or would refuse to even save I would be angry as all hell." would not need to be written down if a demo for console existed.

You try the game for free, if it works buy and be happy, if it doesn't don't buy it and be happy.

21 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I'm honestly not sure what I can even ask you guys to provide, as far as I know there's no KSP.log or output_log on consoles, no crash folders, nada.

If anyone can find a method to reliably cause the save data loss that would be useful, though so far it looks like it's completely random.

It feels nice to breath again. I'm glad we've finally got some response.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to relay the logs to you guys or even view them myself, but I can tell you how to re-create the crash on Xbox One:

Start a game, get multiple vessels in action (as in orbit, landings, and I'm pretty sure the MPLs might be playing a part in this), make sure you've got some debris from spent fuel tanks in orbit (might play a part in this) and then time warp. "Works" for me everytime. The game will crash, you re-open it and you are then reverted to an extremely earlier state.

After that, it will continue to crash and it will always revert to the same state.

Has anyone experienced this issue WITHOUT deploying any MPLs? This might help narrow it down.

Edited by Homedawgian

12 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

The sentence I quoted: "If I paid full price for a game that corrupted saves losing hours of work or would refuse to even save I would be angry as all hell." would not need to be written down if a demo for console existed.

You try the game for free, if it works buy and be happy, if it doesn't don't buy it and be happy.

Yeah..  well.... that could also easily been made into a timed-demo, as in Whole game, max playtime 1 hour. Buy the game too unlock, This exits already for several other games, or used too atleast.

But, that kinda doesnt make up for a problem that only seems too start after serveral hours of playing :P  kinda get tricked anyways :o 

The way it is now, is more or less a 8$ demo.

Edited by DaCana

1 minute ago, DaCana said:

Yeah..  well.... that could also easily been made into a timed-demo, as in Whole game, max playtime 1 hour. Buy the game too unlock, This exits already for several other games, or used too atleast.

But, that kinda doesnt make up for a problem that only seems too start after serveral hours of playing :P  kinda get tricked anyways :o 

Thing is there is a demo for PC. Unlimited playing time, just Kerbin and the Mun, and a few parts. Got all the time you need to see these corruption issues.

If there wasn't a demo on PC I wouldn't be suggesting one for console.

14 minutes ago, DaCana said:

The way it is now, is more or less a 8$ demo.

The demo idea is moot (no offense). It takes hours of gameplay to cause this issue, something that wouldn't/couldn't happen on the demo.

Just to clarify, Xbox One demos generally and almost always are just the full game with a 1 hour lockout timer. 

Edited by Homedawgian
Clarification

17 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

It feels nice to breath again. I'm glad we've finally got some response.

I'm pretty sure there's no way to relay the logs to you guys or even view them myself, but I can tell you how to re-create the crash on Xbox One:

Start a game, get multiple vessels in action (as in orbit, landings, and I'm pretty sure the MPLs might be playing a part in this), make sure you've got some debris from spent fuel tanks in orbit (might play a part in this) and then time warp. "Works" for me everytime. The game will crash, you re-open it and you are then reverted to an extremely earlier state.

After that, it will continue to crash and it will always revert to the same state.

Has anyone experienced this issue WITHOUT deploying any MPLs? This might help narrow it down.

well from my tests, it seemed that i could make a save, like when just starting up, doing some Upgrades too my base just too see the cash change, made a save, and that still did Work, the one time i tried it out.

But the seccond time, With only one Sat still orbiting the moon. no other debrees around, when i made one XXL Rocket (250/290) parts, and flew it into orbit, i made saves that just dissapared on restart.

Even ship saves gets lost.

4 minutes ago, DaCana said:

well from my tests, it seemed that i could make a save, like when just starting up, doing some Upgrades too my base just too see the cash change, made a save, and that still did Work, the one time i tried it out.

But the seccond time, With only one Sat still orbiting the moon. no other debrees around, when i made one XXL Rocket (250/290) parts, and flew it into orbit, i made saves that just dissapared on restart.

Even ship saves gets lost.

Maybe paying close attention to the in-game time that the crash occurs might help. See if it happens at the same time as it did before.

58 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

i havent had the revert issue some mention, but ive had more than a few careers become corrupted and a ton of crashes that didnt(ps4) lol for me its always had to do with going to launch with a massive rocket,  or when i hit eva.

i have noticed that playing a backup of a corrupted career will usually crash and corrupt again much much fast than a whole new career.

I think i should also point out,  that these crash points are the exact same i had on PC a few months ago during the first 1.1 and the pretest   if that means anything lol

Edited by DD_bwest
i messed this post up :(

12 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

Maybe paying close attention to the in-game time that the crash occurs might help. See if it happens at the same time as it did before.

my game have never crashed, yet :P only saves gone missing, or what i would Call a rollback.

1 hour ago, sal_vager said:

Well, the PS4 has native error reporting built in but I suspect it has to be activated at dev level as reports can be sent to Sony or Developers at each event.  As far as corrupt saves go, surely they can be copied off the console, uploaded and passed to Squad/Flying Tiger and then debugged on a dev console.

Has any PS4 user looked at the system error log to see if there's any entries specific to KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.