DeltaV & TWR - Make Part of Game

I know that getting readouts of DeltaV and TWR are mods for the PC versions, but is there any consideration/plan of how to add this to the consoles?  Honestly, I think it would be best if they were part of the game to begin with, and based upon the mode you pick for career, you get the option of having them or not (Normal - Gets both; higher difficulty gets option to use them). 

I understand there are differences with the PC version and the Consoles, but this is something that would be HUGE to know in the game on every version and would certainly help rid me of the annoying trial and error.

• 3 months later...
On August 16, 2016 at 11:20 AM, DD_bwest said:

its been discussed

another way to avoid trial n error would be to calculate it yourself

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Cheat_sheet

eb56e634c4b30235deeaf0a0708fbfcf.png

699abff01f7e7d587ecbf434866c8a75.png

you could also try this if you are less math inclined

http://www.strout.net/info/science/delta-v/

I have played for 3 years and I still don't know what that equation means.

Going to the calculator link seems to help me make this make more sense.  I get that full mass is with fuel and dry mass is without.  I am assuming the weight of the entire ship is taken into account in each instance, not just the weight of the fuel tank itself?  But then I'm confused about how to figure out the Vex or ISP..

@KerbalXcer@Justin_Kerbal: This is a(n old) question about adding a readout to the console versions, not a discussion of the equations and how to calculate them.

If you need help calculating dV, or need to know exactly what it means, I suggest you read these threads that have already been posted on the subject:

Or, you could create a thread of your own asking a question.

6 hours ago, KerbalXcer said:

I have played for 3 years and I still don't know what that equation means.

there are actually 2 equations there,  the top is thrust to weight ratio, the bottom is for calculating delta V

for TWR,  its really just your thrust divided by the number you get when you multiply your mass with the force of gravity.  So if you were to break it down into smaller equations, you would have      Mass * 9.81 = X               Im simply using X as a variable. this would be followed up with    Maxthrust  /   X  =  TWR.  

after that is the Delta V equation, which is more complicated.   The first thing that probably confuses people is the Ln,  its the natural log.  the M's in its parenthesis are your ships mass when its fully fueled(start), and its mass when its empty(end).   thats multiplied by the engine Isp, and then by 9.81.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.