Craft review submissions

Okay, so if you want frikin’ crafts that will blow your mind, here is my Leviathan:

pve6JSW.jpg

It is the most massive craft currently on KerbalX, and the second most expensive. 

Guaranteed to destroy practically any opponent, this massive ship bristles with 9 heavy Abrams Tank turrets, 4 Goalkeeper 30 MM turrets, 14 Hydra-70 rocket turrets, 26 BD Airborne Lasers, and the hangar capacity to house an absolute armada of medium fighters. It is 41.9 meters tall, 40.5 meters wide, and 186.0 meters long by itself. It can maintain radar locks on 6 different ships at once within a twenty kilometer radius, and weighs in at a massive 42,0028.03 metric tons. It contains 3,650,650 units of ElectricCharge, 730,160 kg of MonoPropellant, 15,833.29 tons of LiquidFuel, 19,351.8 tons of Oxidizer, 460 rounds for the cannons, and 28,800 30MM rounds. At sealevel in HybridPlasma mode, TWR is 0.12. In vacuum, it is 0.20, with 10,372 m/s total DeltaV. In ClosedCycle mode, the sea level TWR is 0.54, and the vacuum TWR is 0.90-1.10 with only 3,988 m/s of DeltaV. The ship by itself is only 352 parts. It comes packaged with a massive booster that brings the mass to 110,955.94 metric tons, the width and height to 100.5 meters each, and the length to 261.2 meters. The booster requires infinite fuel.

More details on the KerbalX page: https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Leviathan 

If you feel like it, I have lots of other craft on KerbalX that you can look at and weep for your computer!

Copyright of CMAU Incorporated. Thank you for your consideration!

Enjoy!

Edited by Mycroft

2 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

the craft had wing armor, it would clearly have been broken with is why I suggested using panels.

You are completely right, I have never armor tested it. Never really got around to it I guess. I rarely use armor panels on my craft so a lot of them are particularly week. 

Edited by Abraxsas

Well, here are a few craft I've made that I always thought deserved a little more attention.

This one requires KAS, not sure if mods are allowed with this but I'll submit it anyway

And one more, it's technically a pack but if you can make a video of you flying the entire mission and returning you get... uh, well, I'll think of something to do..

23 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Maybe you can review my plane as well?

https://kerbalx.com/legoclone09/C7-Highliner-Mk2

If you can land it you get ALL the rep.
I can't. It looks good but doesn't land well.

did the review! I couldn't land it though. The landing gears were not low enough.

also, I reviewed another one of abraxas's craft:

Edited by 8bitgammers

2 minutes ago, 8bitgammers said:

*snip*

I would recommend using KER or MJ2. That way, with space ships, you can determine range of crafts very easily. That and it shows purpose of ships much better, and allows for you to compare ships in the series in terms of effectiveness per ton.

2 hours ago, The Optimist said:

I like how he completely ignored my entry in exchange for a, well, pretty typical jet plane...

I wouldn't get to mad at him. I believe he will still give your craft a look.

7 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

did the review! I couldn't land it though. The landing gears were not low enough.

After reviewing a few other peoples craft could you please take a look at this craft specifically? It is called the Corsair Mk1 Variant I have gone back a couple versions and added a radial propeller engine. Would you give it some feedback?

A mildly detailed operation guide on how to start it is in the craft's description in the SPH

I really also made this craft as a proof of concept for propeller driven craft so it's nowhere near entirely safe to fly. That being said, it's normally supposed to use a jet engine as propulsion but I cobbled together a rotary like engine and slapped it onto the front and it can at least fly, but it really only does that. I have never been able to get it up past 750m in altitude and it is very easy to stall, having heavy I beam missles/bombs and being very heavy in weight

(you may want to turn on infinite electricity)

.eJwNxssNwyAMANBdGADziUudbRBBJGqCEXbUQ9X

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Q5NPUcsUYkNTZuUFFvWDI3UTQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Abraxsas

On August 19, 2016 at 7:06 PM, The Optimist said:

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Workaround-Industries-PRMKII-Miniaturized-Turboprop-Aircraft

qzDnp2h.png

Small, reliable, and easy* to fly, it is a versatile turboprop aircraft. For optimal computer performance, disable the ground effects on the jets.

*easy, as in controllable. It will NOT work properly without you following the instructions given on the KerbalX page.

sorry for not getting to this. It will be next.

@8bitgammers Is it okay to submit modded vessels? Also, is it okay to submit a world file with a couple of example vessels in orbit? If so, a review of some of my spacecraft designs would be nice. They are modded (if mods are okay then I would also provide the relevant mods folder for the correct versions) and most of them also need to be constructed from several modules rather than a single launch (so simply providing the individual modules and launch vehicles would be somewhat pointless).

11 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

@8bitgammers Is it okay to submit modded vessels? Also, is it okay to submit a world file with a couple of example vessels in orbit? If so, a review of some of my spacecraft designs would be nice. They are modded (if mods are okay then I would also provide the relevant mods folder for the correct versions) and most of them also need to be constructed from several modules rather than a single launch (so simply providing the individual modules and launch vehicles would be somewhat pointless).

no thanks, I don't do modded craft. stock only.

thanks for notifying me of this, so I can let future submitter's know.

Also, It would be Important to add that craft reviews will be mainly made on the weekends. of corse that will not always be true. 

Edited by 8bitgammers

2 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

Could you please add that to the OP as a rule? Because right now it says that there really are no rules, and that will throw people for a loop. If I had known, I would have submitted my stock space battleships instead of my Leviathan. 

3 hours ago, 8bitgammers said:

Well then, let me amend my submissions.

These are all 100% stock, although the ironclads and possibly some elements of the Constellation pack are pretty part-heavy.

I would love to see a review for them all, but if I'm only allowed one, that's fine too.

1 hour ago, 8bitgammers said:

done :)

Looks like my instructions manual could use some work. However, you did neglect to use propeller pitch adjustments, which probably contributed majorly to your bad customer experience.

Edited by The Optimist

29 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

Looks like my instructions manual could use some work. However, you did neglect to use propeller pitch adjustments, which probably contributed majorly to your bad customer experience.

At least he knew the basics on how to operate it. :P

I have another craft that may interest you. @8bitgammers

Like the one you just reviewed, this one is a propeller craft as well...

4uoGYS4.pngXImz8O9.png

Edited by Abraxsas

@The Optimist

I found your craft very interesting with the use of the jet engines exhaust to power the engine but I as well found it difficult to take off with. I also like how you used the Stayputnik at the front to stabilize the engine. Although, I think you could remove an engine or two used for lift primarily and focus on making the engine more powerful with Big s elevons. Also try to actually attach the wings and landing gear. It makes the craft look like a bunch of floating parts :P

I really like the engine design overall and I would love to see a smaller version.

Edit: Never-mind, got it flying... :D

unknown.png

Edited by Abraxsas

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.