Console Patches Update Discussion

Just now, RW1984 said:

Yeah didn't think I'd get an answer to my last.  Obviously squad and the pc masterbator race don't want us to be part of their community, look at social media and reddit,  full of angry ripped off console players.  Can we just get refunds please?? 

I want a refund for No Mans Sky, but I don't expect to get one. Most of me blames myself for not waiting to see what the reviews for the game said before giving Hello Games my money. Lesson to learn is, don't buy games before making sure they work first. Only way studios will stop releasing unfinished or unoptimized products.

Just now, EliasDanger said:

I want a refund for No Mans Sky, but I don't expect to get one. Most of me blames myself for not waiting to see what the reviews for the game said before giving Hello Games my money. Lesson to learn is, don't buy games before making sure they work first. Only way studios will stop releasing unfinished or unoptimized products.

Eh this game is BROKEN!!! No man's sky is just Crap,  but hey at least it works.  Squad don't advertise this as a broken buggy mess on the PS store

3 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

Or dont release games that havent been thoroughly tested. Theres an idea!

Edited by Redneck

1 minute ago, RW1984 said:

Thats exactly what I'm here to do,  only way to get some answers mate

Ahh but answers can certainly be attained by utilizing something other than ad hominem. The people I'd advise asking for updates from is Flying Tiger. Squad *may* be helping with a bit of testing for the console porting, but ultimately the responsibility is on Flying Tiger's shoulders... and SQUAD's ultimate responsibility is to maintain/update the PC version.

4 minutes ago, Justicier said:

The people I'd advise asking for updates from is Flying Tiger. 

They don't answer Tweets, and don't have a presence here on the forums.   Their last tweet was August 17, 2016, and was hyping how they're sure the PS4 Euro release is at the "final process".  That too, has yet to happen.

I don't think the console people wanting legitimate answers and apologies makes them trolls.  They've really been shafted with savegame corruption and deletion.  They cannot save their games.

1 minute ago, klesh said:

They don't answer Tweets, and don't have a presence here on the forums.   Their last tweet was August 17, 2016, and was hyping how they're sure the PS4 Euro release is at the "final process".  That too, has yet to happen.

I don't think the console people wanting legitimate answers and apologies makes them trolls.  They've really been shafted with savegame corruption and deletion.  They cannot save their games.

Their squabbles may be legitimate, but the way they are carrying on is immature and toxic. Not to mention several comments have been made insulting the PC users, which make up the majority of the forum, so they are not going to make friends and get people on their side that way.

Just now, EliasDanger said:

Their squabbles may be legitimate, but the way they are carrying on is immature and toxic. Not to mention several comments have been made insulting the PC users, which make up the majority of the forum, so they are not going to make friends and get people on their side that way.

That's fair.  I wouldn't go as far as calling SQUAD con artists, but I can see how they feel like they've been duped.  Most of us PC folks are here from the early access days, and in all honestly the game still feels early access.

4 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

They look at it as "What do I got to loose?" Ive been patient, Ive asked all the right questions, and still nothing. You cant blame them. Im not saying its right...but it is what it is. Squad REALLY needs to address this publicly again......like....yesterday!

Edited by Redneck

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

that was me saying that and it was not about the players, but about one person for beeing repetitive and kinda spamming.
BTW; u might have noticed i was the 1st/2nd in this thread asking about updates for consoles... so i care about it - even though i dont have a console.

Edited by Speadge

Just now, Redneck said:

They look at it as "What do I got to loose?" Ive been patient, Ive asked all the right questions, and still nothing. You cant blame them. Im not saying its right...but it is what it is

We finally, finally see what might be the start of the Squad staff actively engaging the community on the forum. Which is something that is to be applauded, appreciated, and fostered. I'd love to see that blossom into a more interactive engagement of Squad with the community.

So what do we have to lose? Just that. While the Console Situation is deplorable, I don't think the Dev Notes are the place to be complaining about it, especially not when it results in the old status quo, which was hearing nothing from Squad.

So yeah, we have a lot to lose, and other users like me will complain about that.

5 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

We finally, finally see what might be the start of the Squad staff actively engaging the community on the forum. Which is something that is to be applauded, appreciated, and fostered. I'd love to see that blossom into a more interactive engagement of Squad with the community.

So what do we have to lose? Just that. While the Console Situation is deplorable, I don't think the Dev Notes are the place to be complaining about it, especially not when it results in the old status quo, which was hearing nothing from Squad.

So yeah, we have a lot to lose, and other users like me will complain about that.

Cool I got a used car I'd like to sell ya! lol Its in great shape....I promise! :sticktongue:

44 minutes ago, Badie said:

Hey this is something we have not ignored, we are working on it and doing as much as possible to fix it, we have continuously answered what going on and that we are working on those issues.  

One might get a bit worried if the near-radio-silence over the past weeks in regards to the PS4 patch (and the close-but-no-cigar fix for the XBox) is considered "continuously," but I can understand your frustration. Do understand the frustration of the poor people who spent good money on a console copy and as of yet cannot play a serious career game on it.

I fully agree that the dev notes is not the place to discuss it. However, the phrase "self inflicted damage" comes to mind when we look at the situation. Perhaps it would be a good idea to include in the weekly dev notes two sub items, "XBox Edition" and "PS4 Edition" to keep us weekly posted on (doubtless immense) progress that's being made on the console editions. And some more responses on the forum. Your posts are in the double digits, they should be in the (s)quad digits!

Fires are best extinguished before they flare up, after all.

I might not be a good rocket jock, I can barely keep things like “Oberth Transfer” and “Hohmann Effect” apart, but I do like to think that the top-notch marketing & communication colleagues I work with do rub something off on me from time to time, so I know I'm not hypothesizing here. Actively engaging customers is hard work. It's painful from time to time. But in the end, it'll be totally worth it.

Edited by Kerbart

Look its hard not to get argumentative when the only response we get are condescending pc players. This dev note sums up squads indifference to us.  I'm not trying to offend people, I just want what I paid for months ago.  I feel scammed which is why I said squad are con artists,  I stand by that. 

4 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I fully agree that the dev notes is not the place to discuss it. However, the phrase "self inflicted damage" comes to mind when we look at the situation. Perhaps it would be a good idea to include in the weekly dev notes two sub items, "XBox Edition" and "PS4 Edition" to keep us weekly posted on (doubtless immense) progress that's being made on the console editions.

Fires are best extinguished before they flare up, after all.

If I was Squad, I would make Flying Tiger do a devnotes on these forums for us console players. 

Edited by chimpbone

Look its hard not to get argumentative when the only response we get are condescending pc players. This dev note sums up squads indifference to us.  I'm not trying to offend people, I just want what I paid for months ago.  I feel scammed which is why I said squad are con artists,  I stand by that. 

Really? Seems like you've tried to include an offense to PC players in at least 50% of your posts on this thread so far. How many infractions did you just get this last hour? And you just called us condescending. You're the one doing all the insults!

But shouting matches don't get you anywhere either. If the problem is that serious, you shouldn't relegate it to a knee-jerk "here we go again" reaction from the rest of the community by being "that guy" who during town hall meetings always complains about the traffic lights on Main Street.

Yes, Squad dropped the ball on console editions. Post about it. Organize a mob with torches and pitchforks. Arise, ye people, arise! But pick the right place for that. Turning the devnotes in a mudsling fest is really not going to do that.

3 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

We feel for you man... I dont blame you for being upset. But only thing I can offer you is to just continue to be patient and wait for the fix! Its not what you want to hear and I know its frustrating as hell....but it is what it is. Sorry man wish I could give you some good news or something. 

Just now, Kerbart said:

But shouting matches don't get you anywhere either. If the problem is that serious, you shouldn't relegate it to a knee-jerk "here we go again" reaction from the rest of the community by being "that guy" who during town hall meetings always complains about the traffic lights on Main Street.

Yes, Squad dropped the ball on console editions. Post about it. Organize a mob with torches and pitchforks. Arise, ye people, arise! But pick the right place for that. Turning the devnotes in a mudsling fest is really not going to do that.

Well why not.  The dev notes primary focus should be the console versions now that 1.2 is out,  surely you can't argue with that 

24 minutes ago, Redneck said:

They look at it as "What do I got to loose?" Ive been patient, Ive asked all the right questions, and still nothing. You cant blame them. Im not saying its right...but it is what it is. Squad REALLY needs to address this publicly again......like....yesterday!

Thanks for that,  this is exactly how I feel.  Why not make squad uncomfortable, they certainly deserve it. 

Well why not.  The dev notes primary focus should be the console versions now that 1.2 is out,  surely you can't argue with that 

I can. I agree, they should have a section of the devnote for console versions, but it definitely should NOT be the PRIMARY focus.

2 minutes ago, RW1984 said:

Thanks for that,  this is exactly how I feel.  Why not make squad uncomfortable, they certainly deserve it. 

Its really not worth getting banned for though ya know? Just let it go bro! Its all good. We know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.