Missing text in opening screen, settings menu, no text in navball or anywhere for that matter!

Fresh install, latest and greatest (Version 1.2.0 - build id = 01586 - 2016-10-11_13-01-49 - Branch: master - Mac OS X 10.11.6 aka El Capitan )

I have no text in the opening load screen, setting screen is missing text and icons for APPLY ACCEPT etc.

When I play the game (quick new game, text is missing there as well) the Navball has no text or numbers, all numbers and text is missing.

Included is the KSP.Log file, and screenshots of the opening load screen and the settings menu.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi8fi6aqsoan9uf/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnpilcho888kjgf/Opening.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6iattpzke0oql0/Setting screen.png?dl=0

Edited by GDJ

Hi Sal;

What were the differences between 1.2pre (last build) and the release version of 1.2? The last build of 1.2pre worked well and did not have this issue.

12 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Hi Sal;

What were the differences between 1.2pre (last build) and the release version of 1.2? The last build of 1.2pre worked well and did not have this issue.

Besides bug fixes you mean? There were no changes to text that I am aware of.

Would it still be possible to get a fresh download of the last 1.2pre build? I've tried the clean reinstall on both the .zip file and the installer format, and I have cleared the got cache without success.

Edited by GDJ

Okay, did some digging into the old iMac:

1) Had a copy of Unity (v.4xx) installed when I was dabbling into perhaps making a mod. Got rid of all that.
2) A piece of trial ware had expired. Gone.
3) Had a copy of OpenGL viewer that I used once. It's history.

Redownloaded 1.2 and ran it without mods. It now works fairly acceptably.

HOWEVER....

The hardware requirements have changed from 1.2 pre to the now being released 1.2.  I am unable to run the game at full resolution due to old hardware like I was able to in the 1.2 pre version. I'm stuck at no higher than 1/4 resolution. The rendering settings have not changed. If I select the resolution past 1/4 the text disappears.

Now none of this is a real big deal since I usually sandbag the graphics so my old early 2008 iMac can run the game at a acceptable FPS ( <> 25 and 15) and alot of the graphic features I couldn't use anyways due to my antiquated GPU.

So, in short, I will consider this issue with the text resolved, but others with older Apple GPU's might want to take heed.

-Geoff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.