One more fast forward button.

58 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

I agree that this would be useful in the stock game. 

Sure there are plenty of mods that address this. But there are plenty of people that will never use mods. And going from Kerbin to Eeloo is a LONG transfer window.

My point exactly.

Global-Defence-Initiative hmmm...

I like command and conquer.

6 minutes ago, Gamax19 said:

My point exactly.

Global-Defence-Initiative hmmm...

I like command and conquer.

Yeah. CnC is a great game series. I choose to forget that CnC4 ever existed and the series had a perfect end with CnC 3. I would happily accept a CnC 5 though if they went back to their roots!

Just now, Kerbonaut257 said:

Yeah. CnC is a great game series. I choose to forget that CnC4 ever existed and the series had a perfect end with CnC 3. I would happily accept a CnC 5 though if they went back to their roots!

Same CnC4 is no match to CnC3 what is your favorite one?

1 minute ago, Gamax19 said:

Same CnC4 is no match to CnC3 what is your favorite one?

I grew up on the original. So it holds a special place in my heart. I've played them all. But in order of favoriteness, it goes something like this:

1. C&C3 & Kane's Wrath
  2. C&C Red Alert 2
  3. C&C Renegade (FPS in the CNC world. Was actually really fun)
  4. C&C Generals & Zero Hour
  5. C&C Red Alert 3
  6. C&C original + red alert
  7. C&C Tiberium Sun

Did I forget any?

I grew up on Tiberium sun so my favorites go in this order

1. C&C Tiberium Sun
  2. C&C Tiberium Dawn
  3. C&C3 & Kane's Wrath
  4. C&C Renegade
  5. C&C Red Alert 3
  6. C&C Red Alert 2
  7. C&C Red Alert

C&C Generals & Zero Hour

8 minutes ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Did I forget any?

NO!!! though C&C5 may be around the corner?

btw have you heard of the you tube channel Spartacus TV my brother tau lord 100 found it. :)

RSS has a modified warp bar (x1, x10, x100, x1000 and so on) so it's definitely possible as a mod. Now when doing really long transfers I usually set up another mission in the meantime, I don't just wait for each mission to complete one by one, so I feel like this might not be needed for stock.

The original design criteria behind this was a matter of calculation speed.  Any faster and your typical computer wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed and calculate the on-rails calculations.  This however was way early in it's early access phase and that may not be an issue in Unity 5.

10 hours ago, Allocthonous said:

Even if they can't squeeze out another full order of magnitude, a simple doubling would still be welcome. Jool and Eeloo take a looong time to get to. Especially if you aren't smart about your transfer windows.

that is my point jool is so long to get to.

This mod is so lightweight that if people choose not to use it, then the only possible reason is because "I don't want to" not because "I can't" :) 

Or they're playing on a console, but that's always going to be at least a version behind PC.

(I get hiccups when trying to warp at a year/second, but nothing seems to explode or change orbit. If the hardware can't keep up, the game slows down, just like everything else.)

12 hours ago, Alshain said:

The original design criteria behind this was a matter of calculation speed.  Any faster and your typical computer wouldn't be able to keep up with the speed and calculate the on-rails calculations.  This however was way early in it's early access phase and that may not be an issue in Unity 5.

12 hours ago, Allocthonous said:

Even if they can't squeeze out another full order of magnitude, a simple doubling would still be welcome. Jool and Eeloo take a looong time to get to. Especially if you aren't smart about your transfer windows.

Yeah I've got a mod that lets you go 100x the KSP max and (at least on my computer) it's never caused a problem. I warped Jeb for about 60 years (1 minute) in LKO and he was solid. Old, but solid. I've also used the "only" 10x faster than max (10 seconds per year) to putz around going to Eve and Moho, and have had 0 problems with that as well. Except KAC doesn't slow me down enough, but I think that's just because KAC expects default time warps. I should probably bring that up in that thread...

20 minutes ago, eddiew said:

This mod is so lightweight that if people choose not to use it, then the only possible reason is because "I don't want to" not because "I can't" :)

Ninja'd by my own mod :D

Edited by 5thHorseman

Considering how often a "Warp Factor Daft" button would be used, I think I'd prefer a couple of buttons going the other direction. A 1/10th speed button and a freeze-time button would see a lot more use from me. Screenshots alone would benefit tremendously. Identifying bugs would be easier. It would certainly help with deciding landing sites at the last second too.

On 22.10.2016 at 1:00 PM, Daveroski said:

Considering how often a "Warp Factor Daft" button would be used, I think I'd prefer a couple of buttons going the other direction. A 1/10th speed button and a freeze-time button would see a lot more use from me. Screenshots alone would benefit tremendously. Identifying bugs would be easier. It would certainly help with deciding landing sites at the last second too.

I imagine the main argument against a stock slow motion button would be one about preserving game difficulty. If a craft is supposedly piloted by kerbals, arbitrarily short reaction times can be considered cheating.

For probes, though? Sure. Or as part of the dev menu.

2 hours ago, SchweinAero said:

I imagine the main argument against a stock slow motion button would be one about preserving game difficulty. If a craft is supposedly piloted by kerbals, arbitrarily short reaction times can be considered cheating.

For probes, though? Sure. Or as part of the dev menu.

Time control in either direction could be considered cheating by some (My Way or Highway) individuals.

To those people I suggest lessons in self control.

1 hour ago, Daveroski said:

Time control in either direction could be considered cheating by some (My Way or Highway) individuals.

To those people I suggest lessons in self control.

It could be argued that warping forward to skip periods of inaction reduces only tedium and not actual difficulty, but I'm just playing devil's advocate. More flexible time control is welcome even if not a high priority.

The ability to kill your warp speed instantly would be nice, too. I know the slash key cancels your current timewarp, but it does so by gradually reducing warp speed. It doesn't seem to be a technical limitation, given the way warp scales down almost instantly when hitting atmosphere or reaching an encounter/escape point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.