Kerbal Aerospace Institute - A website AAR

rawghi

KAI_Logotype.png

A brief intro..
After becoming father, after having more and more responsibilities at work, after being becoming adult, after discovering that "Playing all the day at KSP is not an option", after all this stuff, good (like the daughter) or bad (becoming an adult), I found myself in a moment where I want to dedicate some effort in a slow-paced AAR, creafted as better as possible that allow me to play our beloved KSP with a continuity even if I'm not directly at my computer. So I ended up creating a fictional space agency with a fictional website where I can spend some fun time and at the same time, hoping for giving our great community something pleasant. 

I browse often these forums and I saw magnificient AAR, where I deliberately took ispiration, so I created the in-famous "Kerbal Aerospace Institute". 

Enough talking, let's go straight to the point!

http://kerbalaerospaceinstitute.com/

website_showoff.jpg

This will be a x64 heavily modded career focused on that fictional agency that struggles to explore the universe. The website will function as the agency news portal, like nasa.gov or esa.int (yeah ok, wannabe) where I will put news, blueprints, mission reports and so on. I will have comments removed because I would like to have eventual feedback here (if anyone wants) to prevent having to eventually check for spam, you're obviously free to tell me that it's awful, I'm not a touchy guy btw.

I wasn thinking that it may be interesting if I also post here link to latest news from time to time as a "heads-up" but I'm totally opened to suggestion.

Ok, so, for the moment, thank you very much for you time and I hope you'll enjoy it!

Edited by rawghi

Ascent Program complete with Ascent-12

DAY 29 - The last test for the Ascent program was completed today with the launch of another R-2 Arrow rocket. This time we wanted to test the behavior of a coasting flight a little beyond the edge of space. The Arrow climbed to a maximum height of 72,000 and then accellerate to simulate an orbital injection, that makes it travel a total of 1,152 km east from the KSC.

The test was good but one of the requisite of the mission was to test the reentry part and the parachute and, even if the trajectory was less step than the Ascent-11 mission, the rocket explodes during the descent phase due to the extreme heating. This had us to reconsider our plans, we have reached Ascent program goal, which was reach the space, now we have to develop new assets that allow us to reentry safely and in the end, put one of them in orbit.

The Ascent missions featured a total of 12 missions with the R-1 Dart and R-2 Arrow rocket family and spanned for 29 days, in the end a great success in a little time frame, even from the failures we learned a lot.

Edited by rawghi

Dragonly scientific variant fully qualified

DAY 30 - The P-2 Dragonfly, the multicrewed propeller plane developed during the Littlebird program is finally certified to be used as an assets by the institute. The decision came after five day of intensive testing where we also risked greatly the safe of our kerbonauts.

On day 26 we saw the P-2A variant takeoff from the runway twice, with our new recruit, Meldock Kerman, unable to have the plane takeoff. In fact, we worked on the front gears to prevent the problem we encountered during the landing phase but this caused a great instability during the departure phase. The plane simply jumped to the runway (that we are considering to pave as it's too bumpy, we are waiting to see how the new concrete runway that will be built on the Sunset Aerodrome performs) and then flipped, having in both cases Meldock ending up upside down, but again, the crew cabin managed perfectly the impact.

We then choosed to change again the gear placement and we ended up having a nominal flight with Jebediah Kerman, that had the P-2A version certified on day 27.

At this point, we only missed to refit the P-2 with all the necessary instrument for the scientific variant, the P-2B which we tested again on day 30. The first test saw the plane take off and then lose immediately power from the two new engine that we mounted on the B variant, theoretically more powerful, but an electrical power have them cutoff and again, the poor Meldock which was the selected pilot for the first test, crashed immediately without reporting injuries. A couple of hour later we perform again a test, this time with Valentina, and the newly outfitted P-2B performed greatly.

On this variant we've added tail wings, some instrumentation anchored the lower part of the cabin, a new nosecone outfitted with fly-by-wire instrumentation and most of all, we equipped it with a release mechanism for an atmospheric probe, the ASP-1 that was detached in fly and landed perfectly assisted by a couple of parachute. The ASP-1 is equipped with mainly geological sensors to collect gravity and seismic data.

The general performance of the P-2B, thanks also with the improved engines and tail wings, is far more better that it's transport counterpart, and generally we are really satisfied by its performance.

With this last step, after the Ascent, even the Littlebird program is completed and we may want to fully use this new assets, along with the rovers developed under the Traveller program, to continue the Explora.

Edited by rawghi

On 25/11/2016 at 11:22 AM, Kertech said:

you sir have my curiosity.

On a different note congratulations on fatherhood and comisserations on adulthood.

Thank you @Kertech! And sorry for the late reply, I've missed it!

LOL thank you!

Edited by rawghi

Explora-4 Mission Report

DAY 30 - Amongst the biome the scientific program Explora need to visit, certainly the coast and the ocean depths are the most important. Not only for perfectly understand what lies around the Space Center, but most of all because in the theorized reentry of possible future manned space mission, splashing on water seems the most "soft" way to bring our kerbonauts back.

Today a P-2B departed from the runway, aboard Meldock as pilot and Bob Kerman at the controls of the scientific instruments. The flight was part of the Explora-4 mission and the plane performed various measurement over the coast and the ocean, dropping an ASP-1 probe on the water during the last phase of the mission. The probe descent was slowed down by parachute and it starts to sink in the water while sending back to the KSC data regarding gravity and temperature. The final depth of the ASP-1 was 240m before the transmissions interrupted, due to the high pressure the enclosure imploded as predicted.

Meldock had then the P-2B landed sofly on the runway with a lot of data our scientists and engineers can work on. Amongst the success regarding the scientific data acquired, this mission proved the ability as a pilot of Meldock Kerman, which three previous flight was plagued by technical problems during the takeoff phase.

Edited by rawghi

Orbitron program to put a satellite in orbit

DAY 35 - We launched today the first mission of the Orbitron program, a new initiative that we started to set a satellite in orbit. After the successful Ascent program that granted us the knowledge to reach space, it's now time to reach it and stay there.

From the launchpad a new family of rocket see its first prototype launched, the R-3 Cosmos, a two stage liquid rocket theoretically able to set 1 ton of hardware in orbit. Todays launch was a test to see the aerodynamical behavior of the R-3, and all the readings was nominal. The rocket ignited perfectly and at 24,000 meters the second stage kicked in, bringing the dummy payload at 90,000 meters.

Next plans will see the R-3 on the launchpad again with the Orbitron-2 mission that aims to bring in space a scientific payload that will the reenter the atmosphere, followed by Orbitron-3, the planned mission that will put our first satellite in orbit.

Edited by rawghi

New recruit and Explora-5

DAY 37 - For the Explora-5 mission we had to bring the MML hauled by an M-1 rover to the northern shore of the Rocket Bay, the area called the High Plains, because from there we can run communications tests with the vehicle launched from the KSC and perform some ground based experiments. We lacked however the necessary personnel to staff the MML, given that actually only Bob Kerman is a scientist and we needed two of them.

So in the early morning we hired a fresh new recruit, Sigrey Kerman, a scientist kerbonaut that along with Bob will travel inside the MML itself. Driving the M-1 there was Bill, and the mission goes flawlessly, having the crew dismounting and performing tests during the midday. The MML will remain there for a week approximately, and then it will be drive back to the KSC.

With the new recruit we reach a total of 6 kerbonauts, so we started the expansion of the Astronaut Complex in the KSC, that will have more crew quarters (for a total of 12 kerbonauts), along with new recreational areas, classes and an expanded gym for training.

Edited by rawghi

New airfields ready

DAY  41 - After an incredible work of planning and expedite building, we have now ready two new airfield. The first one is the Sunset Aerodrome, west of the KSC nearby the mountains, and the second is the Island Airfield which was restored to it's formed glory.

The Sunset Aerodrome will act as a base of operations for atmospheric missions on the mountains and over them, it feature a concrete runway, a control tower, multiple hangars and administration buildings, along with a communication dishes that will be able to act as a backup of KSC for communicating with future space vessels.

The Island Airfield instead was totally restructured, replacing the dirt landing strip with a proper runway (altough not as long as the one on the Sunset Aerodrome), restoring the control tower, adding new hangars and building administrative and personnel buildings where once the old hangars was present.

These new sets of bases are critical expecially for the Aeronautics Laboratories that can tests their assets in multiple places instead on relying soley on the KSC. At the same time, the runway of the KSC was cemented, having it aligned with the standards of the new bases.

Transfers of some personnel already took place and the two new airfields will be 100% operative in the following days.

Edited by rawghi

Orbitron-2 mission failed the reentry

DAY 42 - The Orbitron-2 mission was the second test of the Orbitron Program. The goal of this mission was to bring a scientific probe in space using the new R-3 rocket and have it reenter the atmosphere safely.
The launch was nominal and the R-3 performed greatly, putting the scientific probe (SSP-1 - Space Scientific Probe) at an altitude of 100,000 meters before the descent phase begins. However, the reentry was brutal. Even if every parameter was perfect, with the capsule keeping the correct reentry angle and speed, below 5,000 meters the parachute system failed to open due to the high speed acquired and splashed really hard in the ocean and was completely destroyed.
We are now thinking which will be the best way to proceed give the fact that this test was not successful and the next one will be to put a satellite in orbit. We can perform it, the problem is that until now, we weren't really able to have assets reenters as expected, so we will have to fix this as soon as possible

Read more on KAI website

Deep Space Network online
DAY 43 - We call it Deep Space Network, a series of communication dishes spread through the globe, but we have to test their capabilities yet, and this will happen with the incoming Orbitron-3 mission. This network of communication systems will allow us to track satellite and possibly vessels in orbit around Kerbin, operation that will be impossible if we rely only on the tracking station we have on the KSC.

In any of them, a variable number of technicians are employed to keep them up and running, a total of 2,000,000 K investment was needed to build and have them staffed, an we can say that they are now ready for their trial by fire.

Read more on KAI website

Explora program continues
DAY 44 - We launched a couple of Explora missions, 6 and 7, in the last days, along with the return of the crew of Explora-5 from the shores of the High Plains. The Explora 6 and 7 was aimed at performing atmospheric testings over the grassland west of the KSC, the hills, and the mountains, and we collected air samples and various measurement that were later returned to our labs.
The mission were performed with a P-2B Dragonfly and the Explora-7 proved to be difficult due to the low altitude of some clouds just over the Sunset Range and a storm building up. Jebediah Kerman, who was piloting the plane, flew it perfectly back to the new Aerodrome where the crew spent the night.

Read more on KAI website

Welcome to the Jet era
DAY 46 - Our Aeronautics Labs are back at work at a new program, called Blue Sky. The Blue Sky will be a continous development of new airplanes and their evolutions, after the successes of the Littlebird program and the experience gained from the various missions, it's now time to push more on atmospheric flight, experimenting with jet planes.
As the first step, in these days we tested our first jet plane, the J-1 Aerojet, a twin-engine basic trainer plane that will allow us to perform aerodynamic testings and experiment with high speed flights.
The J-1 was built with two smaller engines instead of one because given our poor expertise on jets, we wanted to have eventually at least a propulsion system if one of them will fail.

We performed an unmanned test first and we had Jebediah testing later in the first manned mission of it. Apart from some controls issue that makes the J-1 not the easiest plane to control, we have the plane reaching a maximum speed of 522 km/h, not too much, but we don't wanted to have our kerbonauts tied to a supersonic jet even bofore knowing what supersonic plane requirements are.
Both tests runs perfectly and the J-1 will pass on a second stage where we will perfection its design.

Read more on KAI website

Orbit estabilished!
DAY 47 - After the experience gained from the Ascent program and the preparatory missions with the first two Orbitron missions, we finally have our first satellite in a stable orbit around Kerbin. The satellite is named after the mission, Orbitron-3 and it's designation is the same of the program itself, it consist of a single "sphere" of aluminium with some radio equipment on board and four antennas that transmit the position back to the ground.
The Orbitron-3 was launched today atop of an R-3 rocket and quickly reached the expected height of 78,000 meters, where the second stage of the R-3 should have start to ignite to circularize it an have both the apoapsis and periapsis at the same height. However, the engine started a little first and the final orbit was not circular, with a final apoapsis of 105,693 meters and a periapsis of 77,447 m. Despite the different orbital parameters, the Orbitron-3 is orbiting our beloved planet, being the first object kerbal-made that achieve that. During the separation of the core satellite from the R-3 upper stage, one of the radio antennas hit the rocket and had the Orbitron rotate slightly, but since aerodinamycs is not an issue is space, there was no problem related to that.
The Orbitron-3 transmitted back it's position and status for approximately 30 minutes, the duration of its internal batteries, and then it turned off, but we assure it is still up there. Our Deep Space Network performed greatly and when there was no more a direct connection between the KSC Tracking Station and the satellite, a couple of communication dishes on the ground act as relay trasmitting back the signal to the base.
So we celebrate a double success, the first orbital satellite, and the confirmation that our DSN works as expected. In the next days we will perform other launches with more complex satellites that hopefully will be able to transmit more data back to our labs.

Read more on KAI website

More investment on KSC
Thanks to the success of the Orbitron launches, we decided to invest more on the KSC to be able to provide all the ground support possible for future launches. The VAB, Mission Control, Tracking Station and Research and Development facilities underwent a major improvement process. The VAB building was enlarged to allow our engineers to build bigger rockets, one of the things we need to think in near future when the R-3 Cosmos will be not enought to lift heavier payloads. The Tracking Station now hosts three antenna dishes, connected to the central building, this improvement provided us additional bandwidth with orbiting crafts, so more complex command can be given. Mission Control was expanded and we can now leverage on more personnel monitoring the missions and, last but not least, we've added more R&D facilities so our scientist will have additional space for testings and researching.
On the eastern side of the complex, a new area was also built, this complex of a total 5 buildings is composed mainly by PR, HR and administrative offices, along with a radio/TV station and apartments for KSC staff.
T
omorrow plan are to launch the fourth Orbitron mission that will feature a U-1 orbiting in the so-called HKO, High Kerbin Orbit, at an altitude above 250,000 meters.

Read more on KAI website

5 hours ago, SHiftER2O said:

This is really well done! Keep it up, and good luck with life in general !

Thank you!

Somehow I feel that I've progressed too fast, I'm thinking to restart from scratch, I really like the pacing of the KSA reports... and the level of detail.

Mmmh let's see...

Just noticed this and spend a little over an hour getting all caught up on everything on the website, which I really like the design and layout of! (good mobile skin too, for the news stories at least) Here's my feedback:

• RSS needed. Would love to have these news stories popping up in my feed to follow along better
  • why do the staff pics rock back and forth?
  • can't enlarge media on rocket pages, or anywhere else it seems. That's a bummer, I'd like to really enjoy some of those pics at their native resolution
  • R3 Cosmos missing some stats on its page
  • mission/purpose summary on craft pages? Wasn't clear for example on the purpose of the ASP (how it was deployed, what instruments aboard) until I read the Dragonfly report on it
  • mission status buttons don't link anywhere?
  • Where We Are image could link to http://web.archive.org/web/20160430022558/http://www.kerbalmaps.com/
  • ascent1 & 2 links broken/bad (possibly a feature you planned to do but decided not to) at http://kerbalaerospaceinstitute.com/first-prototypes-launched/

I'm definitely stealing the idea of mission ribbons, I guess you're using some of the optional unassigned custom ribbons from FF? You also reminded me that I do need a nice summary page for my various programs. Will have to whip one up for Progenitor.

sweet launch base for the R-1 Dart! What's it made of?

Glad I could help inspire this :) Also an interesting mirror on my life considering we're the same age but I don't have kids or a girlfriend (had two GFs, then checked that off the bucket list and moved on, hahaha) so KSA would prob be more like this otherwise.

Edited by Drew Kerman

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Just noticed this and spend a little over an hour getting all caught up on everything on the website, which I really like the design and layout of! (good mobile skin too, for the news stories at least) Here's my feedback:

• RSS needed. Would love to have these news stories popping up in my feed to follow along better
  • can't enlarge media on rocket pages, or anywhere else it seems. That's a bummer, I'd like to really enjoy some of those pics at their native resolution
  • mission/purpose summary on craft pages? Wasn't clear for example on the purpose of the ASP (how it was deployed, what instruments aboard) until I read the Dragonfly report on it
  • Where We Are image could link to http://web.archive.org/web/20160430022558/http://www.kerbalmaps.com/
  • ascent1 & 2 links broken/bad (possibly a feature you planned to do but decided not to) at http://kerbalaerospaceinstitute.com/first-prototypes-launched/

I'm definitely stealing the idea of mission ribbons, I guess you're using some of the optional unassigned custom ribbons from FF? You also reminded me that I do need a nice summary page for my various programs. Will have to whip one up for Progenitor.

Glad I could help inspire this :) Also an interesting mirror on my life considering we're the same age but I don't have kids or a girlfriend (had two GFs, then checked that off the bucket list and moved on, hahaha) so KSA would prob be more like this otherwise.

MY HERO!

Drew thanks for you feedback! Here my reply:

I imagine you mean the "feed" not the Real Solar System mod correct? I was exploring the idea of leveraging on Twitter eventually, what do you suggest? Otherwise I think I need only to expose the RSS from WP
    Theme effect, irritating I know, I'll remove it
    Definitely need to address that, I have to work on having hi-res blueprints along with clickable link for all media
    For the above two, I was struggling to catch-up with the game, I noticed that I sprinted in-game and I ended up having dozens of article and reports to write, which is definitely what I don't want because the slow pacing that you're using on your pages is exaclty my aim. You write detailed articles on how, why and what before and after an event ingame, instead I'm adding things and mission that should have been documented and planned ahead. In my opinion my approach ends up listing missions without giving them enough importance (to resemble a real space program)
    Nope, it's confusing, I should create a dedicated css to have a bagde style icon instead of relying on a button
    Wayback Machine! I thought that kerbalmaps.com was definitely lost. Bad thing is that it seems that the resolution of the max zoomed out tiles is not so detailed like the original hi-res tif. I'll try to work on that, I created KAI website using WP (quick and a lot of themes) but I'm a developer (was... product owner now), I could eventually evaluate to bring at least the kerbin map online, using leaflet as the original author did (worked thousand times on GIS data)
    Yep, forgot to remove them, initial plan was to have a single page per launch but it was too much to handle, I must find a proper approach for documenting them

Exaclty, used the custom of FF (and you're stealing nothing since I stealed you WHOLE idea)

The base was made using a procedural tank, and if I remember correctly the curved truss was inside STX

Drew don't mention about multiple GFs please, I've tried with 64bit life but it continously CTD so I'm ending up removing GFs from the (love) folder. Good thing is that my daughter is stable and running wonderfully in Life 2.0 :wink:

Thank you for all your suggestion, I'm definitely starting a reboot, leveraging on the xmas holiday to take some time to plan ahead instead of start launching things in orbit. 

8 hours ago, rawghi said:

I was exploring the idea of leveraging on Twitter eventually, what do you suggest? Otherwise I think I need only to expose the RSS from WP

Hah, didn't think about the Real Solar System, but you got the idea. My theme had a default setting to use for the RSS link, not sure if yours has a similar one. Otherwise yea if you stick the Meta widget into a sidebar/footer/etc you should get an RSS link. Not saying you need to keep the widget just that you would have the link to use wherever you want to make it available on the site

In regards to twitter, I don't think it will help you at all if you want to take things slower than me and have less time to do things in. I use twitter cause I'm sticking to "real time" but I thought your way of doing it worked well with just the website. I think for twitter the only thing it would serve for you would be another platform to let people know when something new is posted on the site. It would otherwise just take up more of your time to really work up any sort of use from twitter. There have been 50+ twitter KSP roleplay accounts started since I began where ppl have only done twitter and only 1 is still constantly active :P

In my opinion my approach ends up listing missions without giving them enough importance (to resemble a real space program)

I thought the individual rocket/probe/aircraft pages were great overviews, but yea maybe you would be better off integrating them more with the mission pages

I'll try to work on that, I created KAI website using WP (quick and a lot of themes) but I'm a developer (was... product owner now), I could eventually evaluate to bring at least the kerbin map online, using leaflet as the original author did (worked thousand times on GIS data)

You're going to want to join this discussion then before you do anything :)

9 hours ago, rawghi said:

and you're stealing nothing since I stealed you WHOLE idea

hah, that's one way to look at it :cool:

Drew don't mention about multiple GFs please, I've tried with 64bit life but it continously CTD so I'm ending up removing GFs from the (love) folder. Good thing is that my daughter is stable and running wonderfully in Life 2.0 :wink:

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Thank you for all your suggestion, I'm definitely starting a reboot, leveraging on the xmas holiday to take some time to plan ahead instead of start launching things in orbit. 

Reboot has worked out well for me so far. I went too fast as well my first time through, got so bogged down in things I couldn't keep up. Still think I need to find a good balance even now, it's tough to drag things out on purpose :P There are def days where I feel worried I didn't create enough content and have to push back the urge to move forward some thing in the timeline. Look forward to KAI v2!

On 12/5/2016 at 7:11 AM, Drew Kerman said:

Hah, didn't think about the Real Solar System, but you got the idea. My theme had a default setting to use for the RSS link, not sure if yours has a similar one. Otherwise yea if you stick the Meta widget into a sidebar/footer/etc you should get an RSS link. Not saying you need to keep the widget just that you would have the link to use wherever you want to make it available on the site

In regards to twitter, I don't think it will help you at all if you want to take things slower than me and have less time to do things in. I use twitter cause I'm sticking to "real time" but I thought your way of doing it worked well with just the website. I think for twitter the only thing it would serve for you would be another platform to let people know when something new is posted on the site. It would otherwise just take up more of your time to really work up any sort of use from twitter. There have been 50+ twitter KSP roleplay accounts started since I began where ppl have only done twitter and only 1 is still constantly active :P

I thought the individual rocket/probe/aircraft pages were great overviews, but yea maybe you would be better off integrating them more with the mission pages

You're going to want to join this discussion then before you do anything :)

hah, that's one way to look at it :cool:

:rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:

Reboot has worked out well for me so far. I went too fast as well my first time through, got so bogged down in things I couldn't keep up. Still think I need to find a good balance even now, it's tough to drag things out on purpose :P There are def days where I feel worried I didn't create enough content and have to push back the urge to move forward some thing in the timeline. Look forward to KAI v2!

Thank you @Drew Kerman for all your precious suggestion! I'm really considering everything you said for the reboot which is...

23 hours ago, Kertech said:

Ahhh it's rebooted, I wondered why the website wasn't working...

and I was trying to procrastinate, now I've got to do actual work!! 

...exactly in progress @Kertech! It shouldn't take long, but I preferred to "close it" until it's ready. I'm really expanding all the sections, especially the background related one and then I'll open it at day zero with the first article.

Just noted that 1.2.2 came out.. My current install of more than 70 mods runs incredibly perfect, never experienced a CTD which is something miracolous so I think I'll stick with 1.2.1 at the moment

Here, I've started work on my Programs pages that'll collect and detail missions/vehicles, which is the idea I got from your site and have been meaning to do for a while anyways: http://www.kerbalspace.agency/?page_id=1824

Still hacking together the actual program pages. I spent like 3 hours at least last night trying various WP plugins that would give me decent tabs to work with, what a pain in the ass that was. Think I'm good to go now, just have to work on layout...

9 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

Here, I've started work on my Programs pages that'll collect and detail missions/vehicles, which is the idea I got from your site and have been meaning to do for a while anyways: http://www.kerbalspace.agency/?page_id=1824

Still hacking together the actual program pages. I spent like 3 hours at least last night trying various WP plugins that would give me decent tabs to work with, what a pain in the ass that was. Think I'm good to go now, just have to work on layout...

Like that! I think that it gave the reader the necessary depth without forcing him to read the whole posts and the overviews of the goals/objectives.

Regarding the template I've bought xTheme, which is not really cheap but gives you a great degree of customization options along with shortcodes.

I really think that the videos are also great, this is something I was thinking about but I think that they add a big amount of work.

About the structure itself of the mission pages, my initia plan was:

Programs list -> Program detail with missions list -> Single mission page

but in the end I removed the single missions page because, after writing the article about the mission, I didn't know how to write down in that page.. but probably I could have only copy pasted the same text there... or link the article to the mission detail page... don't know which is the better approach, I think I need to do some tests

Instead with the vessels my idea was:

Vessels list (per type) -> Vessel detail.

I noticed that sometimes, ksp gave strange measurement in width length and height, especially with the sounding rockets parts (size too big) 

I was also wondering what do you suggest regarding ksp versions, I'm totally fine with 1.2.1 and the 70+ mods, working incredibly great without any ctd, but with 1.2.2 I was wondering if maybe is better to update... 

last but not least, I've put the website "in construction" but if you need to access some pages and see how I've organized things just tell me, I can gladly create a user for you

3 hours ago, rawghi said:

I noticed that sometimes, ksp gave strange measurement in width length and height, especially with the sounding rockets parts (size too big) 

Hrm... can't say I've noticed the same, but I'm only on v1.1.3, might be a v1.2.x thing

3 hours ago, rawghi said:

I was also wondering what do you suggest regarding ksp versions, I'm totally fine with 1.2.1 and the 70+ mods, working incredibly great without any ctd, but with 1.2.2 I was wondering if maybe is better to update... 

As I said, I'm still on v1.1.3 soooo :P In regards to bothering with the version bump, read the change log and if there are any bug fixes you want, move up. Otherwise don't bother

going to lock down the vessel pages today on my end. Mission pages I don't need since each mission will just have its own twitter timeline :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.