How to make the best models for making mods (Need Serious Help)

Kerbal Nerd123

In this topic I need serious help for making mods.First, Have you seen a parts pack mod without any models? If no i need help about that.The thing is i'm really horrible at making models.By this sort of models,I'm really horrible at making like wing models,Those are really hard to me, for making those types of models.I'm actually trying to make a World War 2 like warfare mod with fighter wings and bomber wings like that.Then when I started making a simple tiny wing it came out really horrible.So can someone give some tips and stuff for making wing models and like original ww2 fighter aircraft square oblong like fuselages too .

BTW, I'm using Blender as a modeling sofware

I have thrown this up onto youtube as an example. It doesn't take too long to create basic wing shape from a Simple cube mesh in blender. You can make it prettier/more realistic by spending a bit of time with it. adding thing like ailerons can me done here too, or you can model them separately. but i'd say get some practice in with making the basics first (all it takes is a bit of time and practice).

pretty much the only commands used in the Video where Scale and Extrude.  Different combinations or restrictions (using 'Z', 'Y' and 'X' give different results). I use the keyboard a lot for my commands, its quicker and more accurate i find.

9 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

I have thrown this up onto youtube as an example. It doesn't take too long to create basic wing shape from a Simple cube mesh in blender. You can make it prettier/more realistic by spending a bit of time with it. adding thing like ailerons can me done here too, or you can model them separately. but i'd say get some practice in with making the basics first (all it takes is a bit of time and practice).

pretty much the only commands used in the Video where Scale and Extrude.  Different combinations or restrictions (using 'Z', 'Y' and 'X' give different results). I use the keyboard a lot for my commands, its quicker and more accurate i find.

But how do you turn that blender model into a model.mu file, KSP Can identify then load it to the game

You need Unity v5.4.x.... Basically, you make your model in Blender, make your textures in an image editing program, install the KSP PartTools in Unity, then use Unity to put it all together, and Unity will convert everything into a .mu file useable by KSP. There are also FREE versions of every program you need to get from start to finish.

That being said, there are already very many good tutorials and threads in the forums, that will give specifics for every step of the way... You just need to search for them and READ them. (Many even have excellent video tutorials)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.