Science, Engineering and Aerospace Names for Children

Jonfliesgoats

Rather than name my daughter after prominent scientists, aviators and engineers, I wanted to name her after concepts and objects themselves.  My wife vetoed that decision and my daughter has a name that sounds "human" in the word of my wife.  My last name is not Seversky, but I am using it for the sake of this exercise.

My ideas:

1.) Cuberoot Tuft Seversky

2.) Stator Vane Seversky

3.) Kinetic Kerosene Seversky

4.) Lunahod Lightning Seversky

5.) RotoBetty Twirlygirl Seversky

If you could rename the children of strangers, what names would you give them?

1 hour ago, tater said:

There are always real names used for moons in the solar system.

A son named Titan? Hmmm...

As for a human sounding aerospace name, how about daughter Deevee? But I suppose people may take that as short for devious or deviant. Or a name like David Victor Seversky, Deevee for short.

Theodore William Radisson, aka TWR, or T-Dub. Maybe Teedubber?

Okay I'll stop now.

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Having already named our kids, I became somewhat interested in genealogy. My uncle had done a lot of old-fashioned footwork on the subject, and I followed up in my more geeky way online. having done this, I really should have harvested names from distant family history... some awesome names buried in there.

1 hour ago, tater said:

Having already named our kids, I became somewhat interested in genealogy. My uncle had done a lot of old-fashioned footwork on the subject, and I followed up in my more geeky way online. having done this, I really should have harvested names from distant family history... some awesome names buried in there.

Any Jebadiahs?

On topic-

Cosmé
Sparkle
Venus
Ariel
Astrid
Apollo
Nysa
Orion
Percy (for Perseid meteor shower)
Zeke
Linda (for Belinda)
Bianca
Carina
Celeste
Cordillia
Esther
Fay
Halley
Helene
Juliet
Miranda
Norma
Ophilia
Rosalind
Stella

And May- for Mayonnaise.

Edited by Dman979

4 hours ago, tater said:

There are always real names used for moons in the solar system.

Phoebe being one that is actually commonly used (and only you might understand the reference).

I know that I've mentioned it before on these forums, but I named my daughter after a moon. There are also phenomena like Aurora that make good names.

Edited by PakledHostage

43 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Any Jebadiahs?

Not on my side. My great grandmother's side goes WAY back in Canada (she ended up in Wisconsin and Minnesota)---all the way to Port Royal, New France (early 1600s). So loads of French names in there. Another grandmother was born in Sweden, so loads of Swedish names. My wife's side is another story. Aside from the Russian and Romanian jewish names on her dad's side, her mom's side goes back to the Mayflower. Those are some crazy names. There's a Hatevil, some Ichabods, all kinds of cool stuff :)

10 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Really impressed,,, Audience Choice Award!

He had a fair amount of data, because he and his friends worked to eject some dangerous religious nuts from their town (can't remember if it was in Mass, or NH, but this was like 1640 or so)---the women were...

wait for it...

Quakers. LOL.

He was a Puritan. You can't make this crap up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.