Mission idea: Kerbal Dakar 2017

Triop

1 hour ago, Flamingo said:

@Triop

I have a ca. 10t plane with two small deltawings and three junos, but when i go over a hill would i have to turn the engines off? or could i just go down to Kerbin at a -60 degree angle? or may i glide as long as i can if just the engines are turned off? 

giphy.gif

You know this is a car race right ? ^_^

Edited by Triop

24 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

I checked the OP but saw nothing solid regarding this, but I assume that an individual is only allowed to enter one vehicle per race?  I'm slightly torn between running my Outlaw or my Raider.  I like the speed and stability of the Outlaw, but I like the aesthetics of the Raider...

If I can only run one of them for the race, I'll probably just take the roll cage off of the Outlaw and replace it with one modeled after the Raider.

You can design and race more then 1 car, but a car can only race once.

11 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

So I can't retry with the same rover? What about with a clone of it?

Very interesting point...

Looking at the Dakar there are teams driving the same cars (BMW Mini).

So entering "clones" should be legal.

How we gonna solve this ?

Solution can be using a different Kerbal for driving the car...

12 minutes ago, Triop said:

Here you go.

TcYHTtm.png

Nice concept. &)

Edit: where does the Kerbal go ?

I suppose in the center, however, I'd like to see what would happen if I put him in the inner part of the ring. Kerbals and Freds don't normally mix. In its debut, Fred V1/M1/S1 attempted to kill Wehrlock Kerman before kamikazing a rocket into the SPH and Mission Control, creating a robot plague. It would be next to impossible to mount a seat without destroying Fred M-Ro/V1/S1's mind. Come to think of it, that might not be such a bad idea

Edited by Fireheart318