REAL Order of Star Wars movies

ZooNamedGames

I learned from Hobbit 1 and went into the sequels expecting a story 'inspired by' the book rather than being any sort of adaptation of it. Expectations duly lowered, I actually quite enjoyed them for what they were. 

For StarWars, A New Hope will always be the first one for me. Rewatched Jedi recently with my young godson. Time has not been kind to the special effects but the story is still fun. Plus my godson has a charming tolerance for his 'uncle' telling him to 'watch the next bit because it's really cool!'

We also concluded that there is no weapon system in the known galaxy that cannot be rendered substantially more lethal by putting Ewoks in charge of it. I paraphrase of course. :)

Either Empire or Jedi is my favourite, but I don't consider any of the original trilogy or the prequels to be outright bad movies. Not even Menace; at least it's got the podracing scene. I'm not a huge fan of Hope actually, it felt a bit simple, like I could tell that when it was made it was a stand-alone movie and not part of the giant franchise Star Wars has become; Empire and Jedi are way better.

But I still consider The Force Awakens to be a crappy remake of the original Star Wars, and undeserving of being a separate film in the series. I'd probably have to rewatch both to be sure, but I think I actually prefer The Phantom Menace to The Force Awakens - not a common view I'm sure.

Never been a Jedi fan, the ewoks were too goofy, and honestly the entire Small, Medium, and Large spherical battle stations thin in 4, 6, and 7 are about as it gets (as a whole, 4 was fine in that regard, because it was stand-alone).

1 hour ago, tater said:

Never been a Jedi fan, the ewoks were too goofy, and honestly the entire Small, Medium, and Large spherical battle stations thin in 4, 6, and 7 are about as it gets (as a whole, 4 was fine in that regard, because it was stand-alone).

I think that if Lucas had gone with his original plan and set Jedi on the Wookie homeworld instead of on Killer Teddy Bears From Hell IV it could have very easily challenged Empire for the title of Best Star Wars Film. Imagine how amazing a movie it could have been with a hundred Chewies fighting the Stormtroopers. And it would have avoided another plot hole in Jedi: Why Endor? How were they building a battle station the size of a moon around a planet with zero industrial base? Was the Death Star made of wood?

As a total free association, I have The Hidden Fortress in my Netflix DVD queue. I saw it decades ago, with a buddy of mine who was attending USC Film School at the time. Now I'm going to subject my wife to my art house movie roots. :wink: Kurosawa was a genius, Lucas was never worthy of him. 

12 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

I think that if Lucas had gone with his original plan and set Jedi on the Wookie homeworld instead of on Killer Teddy Bears From Hell IV it could have very easily challenged Empire for the title of Best Star Wars Film. Imagine how amazing a movie it could have been with a hundred Chewies fighting the Stormtroopers. And it would have avoided another plot hole in Jedi: Why Endor? How were they building a battle station the size of a moon around a planet with zero industrial base? Was the Death Star made of wood?

As a total free association, I have The Hidden Fortress in my Netflix DVD queue. I saw it decades ago, with a buddy of mine who was attending USC Film School at the time. Now I'm going to subject my wife to my art house movie roots. :wink: Kurosawa was a genius, Lucas was never worthy of him. 

Why Endor? Likely because a certain special that aired on a popular holiday showed him why NOT to...

21 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

This brings to mind the FX from the A View to a Kill music video.

I had Rio on vinyl when I was in high school. :D

43 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Why Endor? Likely because a certain special that aired on a popular holiday showed him why NOT to...

He could have done it so much better. If he had just let go, and let someone who knew what they were doing take over. He would have still made all the money, it would have just been a better movie. Just sayin'....

8 minutes ago, regex said:

"FX" aside, I love how Spetznaz dude is disguising himself with just a trenchcoat.

Yep. I like the end also, he says his name is Bon. Simon Le Bon.

1 minute ago, TheSaint said:

I had Rio on vinyl when I was in high school.

L U C K Y!!! It's my favorite album!

And guess what I'm listening to right now.

Edited by legoclone09

Just now, legoclone09 said:

Yep. I like the end also, he says his name is Bon. Simon Le Bon.

L U C K Y!!! It's my favorite album!

I think my brother still has it. I have to agree, for it's time, it was a fantastic album.

We're totally thread-jacking at this point. Even more so than usual for me. :)

18 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

He could have done it so much better. If he had just let go, and let someone who knew what they were doing take over. He would have still made all the money, it would have just been a better movie. Just sayin'....

That's true in general :wink: .

7 hours ago, KSK said:

Plus my godson has a charming tolerance for his 'uncle' telling him to 'watch the next bit because it's really cool!'

He trains patience to gain the Force.

3 hours ago, tater said:

Never been a Jedi fan

Spoiler

"It's normal!"

veplwhyniu2dq9fkn2qh.jpg

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

I think that if Lucas had gone with his original plan and set Jedi on the Wookie homeworld instead of on Killer Teddy Bears From Hell IV it could have very easily challenged Empire for the title of Best Star Wars Film. Imagine how amazing a movie it could have been with a hundred Chewies fighting the Stormtroopers.

A sad truth suddenly revealed:

Spoiler

He had. Endor is Chewies' homeworld. They are Teenage Mutant Ninja Evocs breeded by Dr. Morgoth Moreau.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.