Mission Control Dialogue?

Spacetraindriver

We all know the countdown, "the [rocket/mission] has cleared the tower, and the rocket ignition. But what else does mission control say when launching the rocket? I know they have to disconnect auxiliary support systems as a rockets has to fly, but what are those systems, and what do they say? 

NASA itself is a great source when it comes like material like this. The Nasa Launch Protocol for example. Even Wikipedia can help https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launch_status_check

All that (and a lot, LOT more) from a simple 5 second Google search.

P.S.
You do know what Google is, right?

Edited by Tex_NL

9 hours ago, Nibb31 said:

Note that during manned missions, the crew doesn't get to hear or talk to mission control at all. All communications with the crew go through the CapCom officer ("capsule communicator"), who is a fellow astronaut.

CapCom is one of the positions within Mission Control.  Whenever they talk to CapCom, they are talking to Mission Control.

I know from T-10 seconds for the space shuttle, I made some sort of chart thing

T- 10 seconds is launch clamps release, like the umbilical clamps for fuel fueling

T- 6.6 seconds is main engine start

T-0 second is SRB start and all launch clams released, like the ones holding the bottom of the SS to hold on to it from the T-6.6 MES

I think T+ 2:00 is SRB Sep

T+ 6:00 is MECO

about 6:10 is ET Sep I think...

this is all from memory from something

I suppose these sort of things vary between rockets, or even agencies (in case there's a rocket which is used by two different agencies). For example, Ariane 5 launch countdown goes to the main engine ignition, while Delta IV and/or Space Shuttle countdown (which, in a nutshell, uses similar type of engine) goes to the actual liftoff. There's a whole bunch of other difference as well.

But, I suppose, everyone says "Liftoff !" when the rocket leaps from the pad towards space, and beyond.

Edited by YNM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.