[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Christmas wishes can come true!!!  Watching Space-X's latest launch tests, plus all the great update pics being posted for KSP this last month, has really put me in the mood to jump back into KSP -- but step 1 is always the USI suite of mods.  Long live USI (and that bat in RoverDude's basement ;) )

49 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

I've encountered a conflict while trying to load USI [1.8] with Kopernicus in KSP 1.11: The FireSpitter Core seems to make the main menu buttons unresponsive. I've signaled it to the Kopernicus Devs already, but is there a fix in the next update?

That does not sound like a Firespitter problem tbh given I am using it right now in 1.11.  What main buttons are you talking about?

3 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

All the buttons on the main loading screen (with kerbin and the three Kerbals in the background) don't work, if I click on them nothing happens. However If I load saves with Kopernicus only or USI only it works.

Ok that's absolutely weird... No idea what would cause compatibility issues there.  Anything in the debug window? 

I have the output log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VE2-Cdm2aBUDsV4NNwbPMQ0vlGjXdxMM/view?usp=sharing

For clarification, the only mods I had installed were Kopernicus BE, OPM and Firespitter. The combo worked in 1.10.1, but somehow conflicts in 1.11. I'll gladly offer more help.

Edit: I haven't checked the debug menu, trying right now

Edited by KawaiiLucy

3 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

I have the output log here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VE2-Cdm2aBUDsV4NNwbPMQ0vlGjXdxMM/view?usp=sharing

For clarification, the only mods I had installed were Kopernicus BE, OPM and Firespitter. The combo worked in 1.10.1, but somehow conflicts in 1.11. I'll gladly offer more help.

(never heard of a debug window in ksp before, sorry for my ignorance...)

Alt-F12 - see if you are getting log spam or something

1 minute ago, KawaiiLucy said:

Ok - so there must be something in those mods that's choking trying to do reflection.  Could be an artefact of 1.11 - did Kopernicus do an official 1.11 release yet?

1 minute ago, KawaiiLucy said:

I am using the 1.11 beta of R-T-B's Bleeding Edge  Kopernicus, the official release is still in 1.9.1.

So this is an issue related to Kopernicus only?

I mean, right now I run the entire USI constellation and a lot of other mods - no issues.  But it may be that a recompile of FS will sort it - what version of MM?

14 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

MM 4.1.4

Do you get the same error without OPM?

Then do you get the same error in the log without Kopernicus?  (in that order)

Also I think that error is a red herring - I get the same thing in my save.  So I am kinda at a loss given FS does not do anything exotic.  

I'm having a problem refuelling nuclear reactors (the standalone parts and the one incorporated into the Duna/Tundra PDS). I'm told there's supposed to be a way for engineers to refuel them while on EVA, so I did a quick test with a PDS and 2.5m Nuclear Reactor and a Karibou rover carrying a Nuclear Fuel (Large) container. I parked the Karibou next to the reactor so that the fuel container would be in range (3m? 150m? 2000m?) of the reactor, then approached the reactor and right-clicked but the only options I have are "Disassemble Part", "Toggle Ground Tether" and various non-MKS/OSI options.

7c9Z7bF.png

56uuVev.png

Am I at least looking in the right place, and doing the right thing?

21 minutes ago, JamesonKerbal said:

I'm having a problem refuelling nuclear reactors (the standalone parts and the one incorporated into the Duna/Tundra PDS). I'm told there's supposed to be a way for engineers to refuel them while on EVA, so I did a quick test with a PDS and 2.5m Nuclear Reactor and a Karibou rover carrying a Nuclear Fuel (Large) container.

I think nuclear fuel, like machinery, is exempt from the logistics system, IE the spare containers need to be physically attached to the craft you are trying to refuel. That's the only way I've ever made it work, anyhow.

KoS

1 hour ago, Caerfinon said:

Check the Kolonization Dashboard "Local Logistics" page for available resource transfers

Sadly EnrU is excluded from resource transfer rules. It can't be transferred by internal resource movement (the "In" and "Out" buttons that we'd use for eg: balancing an SSTO spaceplane in flight), it can't be transferred across docking ports, it can't be transferred using KAS (ie: adding a port to one ship, connecting using the yellow resource transfer hose, using the KAS transfer UI in "Undocked" mode), and it doesn't take part in local or planetary logistics.

Kerbals_of_Steel says putting the fuel container on the same vessel should work. I've tried that and still not got a magic "refuel this reactor" button. So now I'm going to strip out all the mods and try the refuelling operation in stock KSP with USI only (at present I have a bunch of other addons including Kerbal Reusability, MechJeb2, Modular Rocket Systems, KOS.

Update: Still no luck. On checking the last couple of pages it looks like there's a KSP 1.11 release coming out Real Soon Now™ so I'll check again when that is out.

Edited by JamesonKerbal
update with progress

Have an interesting issue,  I do surface mining  of exotic and rare minerals , fill up my container, but when i cash it in I actually get a -ve funds from mining . if i go in to the recovered parts I can see a - 1.7 million for the storage container. 

I suspect there is a conflict  but there isnt many mods loaded, Has any one come across this before. 

Also happens with expandable storage

Other wise next step is uninstall all mods and load each one at a time. 

Edited by Wookie699
Forgot expanding storage

7 hours ago, JamesonKerbal said:

Sadly EnrU is excluded from resource transfer rules. It can't be transferred by internal resource movement (the "In" and "Out" buttons that we'd use for eg: balancing an SSTO spaceplane in flight), it can't be transferred across docking ports, it can't be transferred using KAS (ie: adding a port to one ship, connecting using the yellow resource transfer hose, using the KAS transfer UI in "Undocked" mode), and it doesn't take part in local or planetary logistics.

Kerbals_of_Steel says putting the fuel container on the same vessel should work. I've tried that and still not got a magic "refuel this reactor" button. So now I'm going to strip out all the mods and try the refuelling operation in stock KSP with USI only (at present I have a bunch of other addons including Kerbal Reusability, MechJeb2, Modular Rocket Systems, KOS.

Update: Still no luck. On checking the last couple of pages it looks like there's a KSP 1.11 release coming out Real Soon Now™ so I'll check again when that is out.

Do 'Perform Maintenance' with an EVA engineer on the part you want to refuel.   Have the refueling storage nearby (does not need to be attached).  Just tested it in 1.11 and it works fine with the current MKS build.

2 hours ago, Wookie699 said:

Have an interesting issue,  I do surface mining  of exotic and rare minerals , fill up my container, but when i cash it in I actually get a -ve funds from mining . if i go in to the recovered parts I can see a - 1.7 million for the storage container. 

I suspect there is a conflict  but there isnt many mods loaded, Has any one come across this before. 

Also happens with expandable storage

Other wise next step is uninstall all mods and load each one at a time. 

Which container specifically?

13 hours ago, JamesonKerbal said:

I seem to recall that the @DMagic modlet EVA Transfer worked, at least in an older version. The mod is updated only to 1.8.  It's the only other thing I can think of that has not been mentioned already. Would need a bit of testing.