[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

10 hours ago, dlrk said:

that's in the CFG, but it still shows up. Perhaps something else is overwriting it

The first step I would take in diagnosing this would be to open <KSP folder>/Logs/ModuleManager/ModuleManager.log in a text editor and do a search for "Prebuilt/KerbalEVA.cfg" that should give you all the patches that are being applied to the Kerbals. You need to look for lines that say "Applying update", like this:

Line  4194: [LOG 12:03:13.862] Applying update EVAEnhancementsContinued/kerbalEVA/@PART[kerbalEVA*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment]:HAS[~experimentID[ROCScience]]] to Squad/Parts/Prebuilt/kerbalEVA.cfg/PART[kerbalEVA]

The first part (EVAEnhancementsContinued/kerbalEVA) is the path and filename of the patch without the .cfg extension. That is followed by the patch signature - useful if there are more than one patch in the file - and than the name of the part that the patch is being applied to which should be the name of each of the different Kerbal EVA suits.

After you've identified all the patches being applied, it then becomes a case of checking each one individually to see if it is affecting USI_ModuleRecycleablePart which unfortunately can be quite tedious in a heavily modded install.

8 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

After you've identified all the patches being applied, it then becomes a case of checking each one individually to see if it is affecting USI_ModuleRecycleablePart which unfortunately can be quite tedious in a heavily modded install.

What specifically am I looking for?

13 hours ago, dlrk said:

What specifically am I looking for?

Any patch that is being applied to KerbalEVA in your install that looks something like:

@PART[ <something> ]: <other rules>
  {
  	MODULE
  	{
  		name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
  		// other lines may be here
  	}
  }

You can ignore the patch in GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Patches/ScrapParts.cfg that's correctly written to ignore the Kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

I've built my first minmus base with a Ranger agriculture module. I have fertilizer, mulch, machinery and electricity. The module is manned with a scientist. But it produces very little supplies. Its load is as low as  0.96%

What's my mistake? How can I push the production rate?

TIA

16 hours ago, JerryWho said:

I've built my first minmus base with a Ranger agriculture module. I have fertilizer, mulch, machinery and electricity. The module is manned with a scientist. But it produces very little supplies. Its load is as low as  0.96%

What's my mistake? How can I push the production rate?

TIA

It seems I found the reason: more machinery. 

On 6/14/2023 at 12:04 AM, test_do_not_use said:

o you initiate the transfer from the Kolonization Dashboard on the toolbar, as you would while landed?  Under Local Logistics?

Yes, same button. It doesn't care whether you're transferring between things on the ground or in space, the forklift is magic!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 2:01 PM, potato1245 said:

How do you join two power couplers together  i'm a engineer and it says on the coupler 2 Pdus but they are not connected so how do i connect them

They should connect automatically if they are with range of each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2023 at 11:20 PM, Grimmas said:

You could try replacing core heat with SystemHeat, though I don't have experience with this particular bug and can't comment whether it will also affect SystemHeat or not. And I don't think it will fix vessels in flight so those would need to be relaunched (maybe try isolated in a separate save file first). 

I do have patches to convert MKS to use SystemHeat though. As well as patches to convert MKS to B9 and a bunch of other things. 

Do you have a guide on how to do these? Because I use Tantares, and would love to do something similar for their parts

Does this come bundled with its own life support, or would I need to install USI as well? (I'm playing luna multiplayer with friends who don't want life support, but this seems like a cool mod and I can't see anything on it coming bundled with life support or not)

Just now, Hoovy said:

Does this come bundled with its own life support, or would I need to install USI as well? (I'm playing luna multiplayer with friends who don't want life support, but this seems like a cool mod and I can't see anything on it coming bundled with life support or not)

MKS itself doesn't have life support. Install this along MKS

Edited by AnFa

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, now I would like to write again in the hope that I won't disturb you too much. After all, this problem has been around for about 1-2 years?!
Unfortunately I was ignored last time but it's ok.
Will there be a future where people without English knowledge can play this mod properly? or do I have to be satisfied that such a future will not exist?
It's about the problem message "Engineer not present in active vessel" if the language is not English! So I can't use some modules at all even though I have an engineer on board (in German "Techniker")

Or does anyone know if I can just leave the engineer in English in a setting file or something ;)

That would be such a shame because I love this mod so much

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a heck of a time with the Karibou rover, and I wonder if anyone has some idea what might be going wrong. Basically, steering is impossible, rendering it totally unusable . When I use the arrow keys to steer, the wheels sometimes don't turn, other times they turn in seemingly random directions, and all I can do is meander around more or less aimlessly or spin out, depending on which ways the wheels decide to go. Other rover parts seem to work fine as far as I can tell, including the Malamute. I've tried things like disabling steering on the back wheels, and other things, and nothing seems to work.

It's not just that steering doesn't go the right direction, it's that it seems to go randomly. One time I'll try to turn left and the wheels will go one way, then I'll try right and nothing changes, then left again and the wheels move to a different weird position.

Any thoughts? Examples below.

Log file: https://mega.nz/file/tog1BIwK#a4WOkjCC2mqpPcRlq_ap8x_gy6An0I-ZUpZkJCrQug8 (sorry it's mega, that's the only place I have to upload it right now)

dgcs52n-7ad3dc57-7178-474e-a0e8-8c1922e9dgcs52k-6c4be7df-8f98-4495-b9f8-7e02b271dgcs52f-542e1516-eaa9-4df1-9f9f-239d52c6

(side question...how the heck do I actually upload images and logs here, instead of posting elsewhere and linking? I could have sworn there was a way...)

58 minutes ago, Tokamak said:

(side question...how the heck do I actually upload images and logs here, instead of posting elsewhere and linking? I could have sworn there was a way...)

They removed that functionality a year or two back. You have to use an external link like Imgur or Pastebin now.

Edited by panarchist

On 10/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, Tokamak said:

I'm having a heck of a time with the Karibou rover, and I wonder if anyone has some idea what might be going wrong.

The wheels are broken and have been for quite some time. Squad made some change to the way wheels work in version 1.10 IIRC that broke a lot of wheels in a lot of mods. Someone made a PR a while back with a fix for one of the USI wheels, might have been Karibou. If you know your way around GitHub and KSP config files, you might be able to pull down those changes and see if they fix your problem. 

On 10/20/2023 at 9:54 AM, DoktorKrogg said:

The wheels are broken and have been for quite some time. Squad made some change to the way wheels work in version 1.10 IIRC that broke a lot of wheels in a lot of mods. Someone made a PR a while back with a fix for one of the USI wheels, might have been Karibou. If you know your way around GitHub and KSP config files, you might be able to pull down those changes and see if they fix your problem. 

That's a shame that they got broken. It's a great set of parts.

Turns out the TR-2L wheels fit okay with decent clearance if you play a bit. No snapping to the nodes, but it still gets the job done.

Edited by Tokamak

On 10/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, Tokamak said:

I'm having a heck of a time with the Karibou rover, and I wonder if anyone has some idea what might be going wrong. Basically, steering is impossible, rendering it totally unusable . When I use the arrow keys to steer, the wheels sometimes don't turn, other times they turn in seemingly random directions, and all I can do is meander around more or less aimlessly or spin out, depending on which ways the wheels decide to go. Other rover parts seem to work fine as far as I can tell, including the Malamute. I've tried things like disabling steering on the back wheels, and other things, and nothing seems to work.

It's not just that steering doesn't go the right direction, it's that it seems to go randomly. One time I'll try to turn left and the wheels will go one way, then I'll try right and nothing changes, then left again and the wheels move to a different weird position.

Any thoughts? Examples below.

Log file: https://mega.nz/file/tog1BIwK#a4WOkjCC2mqpPcRlq_ap8x_gy6An0I-ZUpZkJCrQug8 (sorry it's mega, that's the only place I have to upload it right now)

Glad it isn't just me having this issue.

On another issue, I am having a heck of a time building a crane.  I build the crane with both the stabilizers and PAL wheels (the ones that actually fold up) and set the wheels to extend/retract using action groups (same with the stabilizers).  I start with the wheels retracted and the stabilizers extended.

I send it out to the runway to test the action groups and when I hit the action group to extend the wheels the wheels fly out so fast it sends the entire crane flying...and this is on Kerbin I can imagine it sending the crane into orbit on the Mun or God forbid Minmus.  What am I doing wrong?

for some reason, my cargo containers no longer have the button to connect to depot, even when loading an older save, in flight the cargo container has no options, and the crew container only lets me switch between luxury and economy, can provide logs if it would help

EDIT nevermind fixed

Edited by Don0303

• 2 weeks later...

I've got another thing that's probably a silly mistake, but neither my memory of using MKS years ago, nor going through the docs, has provided a fix. I'm trying to use long range logistics and I can't for the life of me get it to work. I've been following https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Logistics) as well as I can.

I have two locations, testing just outside of the KSC.

Location 1 has a Duna logistics center with a pilot in it, and a few meters away has a refinery with a convert-o-tron (set to LFO production) a fuel tank, and a USI Kontainer set for ore.

Location 2 is about 200m away (greater than the 150m scavenging range but with in the 2km resource distribution range) and has a mining rover with some drills, a karibou wheeled storage bay set for ore, and a karibou rover cockpit. It also has a pilot in it

The mining rover is successfully mining ore at location 2. But at location 1, with the convert-o-tron on and trying to consume ore, no ore appears in its ore kontainer. Both sites have a part with the "resource distributor" module, crewed by a pilot. They are greater than 150m but less than 2km apart.

(also, in case the logistics part needs to be on a different craft than the one sharing its resources, I sent a second karibou out to location 2 with another pilot, and nothing changed)

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I'll leave this here to help anyone who finds it. I think I found the problem. When I swapped out the stock ISRU part for the USI equivalent part, and it immediately started working. I assume whatever the stock part does when it checks for local resources doesn't "request" in a way that USI logistics picks up.

Edited by Tokamak