[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

Im starting to lose it, BDA is so dang complicated, and im giving up. How the crap do you even use BDA, i have all the crap i need on the plane but have no idea how the crap to do any of it. :0.0:

Edited by Novananace

3 hours ago, Novananace said:

Im starting to lose it, BDA is so damn complicated, and im giving up. How the crap do you even use BDA, i have all the crap i need on the plane but have no idea how the crap to do any of it. :0.0:

Well you could read the manual :wink: ... Open up the KSPedia and start reading (lower right hand corner of the screen ... button that looks like a book)

There are a bunch of entries in there that I tend to refer to it as the BDPedia ... Lots of info on how BDAc works in there

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

btw how the heck u can equip stock BDA guns with KIS

You can't really. the weapons are too heavy, and push the kerbals COM too far forward which in turn leads to the kerb rotating slowly as it tries to remain balanced, or drifting slowly in the direction of the added mass.  Also the weaps used by DD have all been created for that purpose with reduced mass and custom lightweight ammo  and  are mapped to a certain position/bone

18 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

While I'm at it, might I ask why module manager not packaged with the BDA download as it is with most other mods that require it? Apologies if this has been asked/explained before.

Hey, thanks for help.  Do I need only to drop that downloaded file into gamedata or Do I need to do something more? 

On 4/25/2018 at 4:00 PM, TheKurgan said:

Use the stock BDAc missile rail, and make it as short as possible. If that does work, I'll have a look at the Hellfire and see if it was something I messed up.

One weird behaviour I've observed with the Hellfire is that they always seem to pull up directly after launch; meaning they often tend to crash into my plane.

Maybe it's normal that they go for a high, ballistic trajectory, but IMO they should clear the plane before doing so.^^

5 minutes ago, Temeter said:

One weird behaviour I've observed with the Hellfire is that they always seem to pull up directly after launch; meaning they often tend to crash into my plane.

Maybe it's normal that they go for a high, ballistic trajectory, but IMO they should clear the plane before doing so.^^

Have you tried increasing the drop time?

1 minute ago, Temeter said:

the Hellfire is that they always seem to pull up directly after launch

Hmm.. weird, I have not noticed this, and I've fired thousands of them.

With the default dropTime = 0.4, it should go perfectly straight then ignite and head to the target.

like in this video.

https://youtu.be/Jly-G5NmRG4

The craft you are using, is it mod heavy?

if not, can you send me the craft file?

I'm the one who edited the Hellfire to perform the way it does today. I am really hoping it performs well for everyone.

Edited by TheKurgan

Hey, How do I install Module manager when I downloaded it? Please reply fast :)

I will be reallyyyyyy happy if someone can do a screen shot of his folders in game data and send it to me :) thx 

Edited by Mr.Equador

18 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

The craft you are using, is it mod heavy?

if not, can you send me the craft file?

Not really connected to my craft (just threw it together earlier this day for the BDA update), just something that happened a few times to me.

But now I can't reproduce it again. Idk, when it happens again to me I'll look at the issue and try to reproduce it. Maybe it's just a very weird situation.

Also thanks for making the Hellfire, it's fun to use! :D 

Edited by Temeter

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Simply place the Module Manager directly into your GameData folder.

yea I have did it and this dont work. There still is ingame red phrase on middle of my screen that says "MODULE MANAGER NOT INSTALLED. BDA WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY" Have you got any Ideas?

Just now, Mr.Equador said:

yea I have did it and this dont work. There still is ingame red phrase on middle of my screen that says "MODULE MANAGER NOT INSTALLED. BDA WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY" Have you got any Ideas?

Goto the main KSP folder,  find the KSP.log,  zip it up,  upload to a file sharing site, dropbox etc,  and place a link here
Also perhaps a screenshot of your GameData folder would be helpful

8 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Also thanks for making the Hellfire, it's fun to use!

Oh god... I didn't make it! lol I just edited the configuration and submitted it to the BDAc team for review and acceptance into this past update.

The old configuration hadn't been changed in years, and with changes to KSP and the aero/atmosphere changes, the hellfire wasn't performing as I thought it should.

And they agreed :)

38 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Hmm.. weird, I have not noticed this, and I've fired thousands of them.

With the default dropTime = 0.4, it should go perfectly straight then ignite and head to the target.

like in this video.

https://youtu.be/Jly-G5NmRG4

Well, in that case I have no clue, it is most likely a new string of code. My Hellfires do that also.

5 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Goto the main KSP folder,  find the KSP.log,  zip it up,  upload to a file sharing site, dropbox etc,  and place a link here

Im installing dropbox. I will tell you when its ready

23 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Ok I think this will work, Im not sure because Im using this for first time :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wanylml7o5b07ov/Screen of game data.PNG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evcpukvefow70wd/KSP.log?dl=0

25 minutes ago, Mr.Equador said:

Ok I think this will work, Im not sure because Im using this for first time :) 

Hi cool, you did much better than most,

The problem
1   you are using the wrong version of BDA  you need this one https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v1.2.0/BDArmory.1.2.0_04242018.zip

For KSP 1.4.x you are using the version for ksp 1.3

2 Module manage master  you should not  have that in your install , that is likely the full code delete it .  you only need this single item https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:
2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi cool, you didi much better than most,

The problem
1   you are using the wrong version of BDA  you need this one https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v1.2.0/BDArmory.1.2.0_04242018.zip

2 Module manage master  you should not  have that in your install , that is likely the full code delete it .  you only need this single item https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll

Thanks for help :D you are great. I will make everything that you said and I hope that will work. Thx again :)

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi cool, you did much better than most,

The problem

One more question :)  Do I only need to drop this files into gamedata? of course BD unziped

1 hour ago, Masoneus said:

Well, in that case I have no clue, it is most likely a new string of code.

Guys, for the Hellfire missile:

For plane use, if you are experiencing the above mentioned phenomena, change the decouple to lateral (force of 5+) and the  dropTime to 1.

The defaults should work for 90% of the people, but you can always change the default.

Let me know if that works please.

In the meantime, I will do some more testing. are your planes fast (fighter jets) or slower like my A-10 in the video?

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Guys, for the Hellfire missile:

For plane use, if you are experiencing the above mentioned phenomena, change the decouple to lateral (force of 5+) and the  dropTime to 1.

The defaults should work for 90% of the people, but you can always change the default.

Let me know if that works please.

In the meantime, I will do some more testing. are your planes fast (fighter jets) or slower like my A-10 in the video?

My planes are generally fighter jets flying 200 to 340m/s during the bombing run. Got a bias for low altitudes <3km. I'm pretty bad at building slow planes and bombing^^'

Also usually put the AGMs under Delta-style wings (from F-15 to Eurofighter designs); where going up can be pretty dangerous under those giant wings. But I couldn't really reproduce the issues when I tried earlier today. Actually tried super fast launches from both high and low altitude, while gaining and losing height, and couldn't really get the result. 

(what I'm experiencing is something I've already seen in KSP1.2 BDA, maybe earlier, so it's not a recent thing)

Thinking about it, I might also have had that issue with sidewinders/amraams? Not necessarily connected to AGMs alone, maybe it's something with decoupling and aerodynamics...

edit: Shot a hundred plus AGMs at KSP, but no failure except one that was very far in the back of my plane (and only because set to forward). Otherwise the tripple AGM pylons (set forward) under my wings worked.

Edited by Temeter