[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

I have BDA installed, and the physics thing that it required, and i have the Weapon manager put on my vehicles, but when i click it, it always shows " No Weapon Manager". How do i connect the Weapon manager to the weapons if thats what it means, im in 1.4 now

@Papa_Joe@jrodriguez

I've found the most bizzare work-around for my issue..And I think it's a bug with BDA, and not my installation.

I'm on Linux, so that may be a factor.

Upon going in and re-analyzing the log file myself, I noticed that BDA was looking in the wrong directory for some of the files it requires. Even though I dropped BDA and PhysicsRangeExtender in my normal GameData directory:

/home/<username>/KSP_linux/GameData/BDArmory/

According to the logs, BDA was looking for it's files in:

/home/<username>/GameData/BDArmory/

So in order to work-around my issue, I had to make a NEW GameData folder in my home directory (not KSP directory), and place a 2nd copy of my BDA folder in the new GameData folder.

Once I did that, I was able to fire a missile and not have it dissapear when selecting the "Fire" option.

19 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Use the stock BDAc missile rail, and make it as short as possible. If that does work, I'll have a look at the Hellfire and see if it was something I messed up.

Yes shortening the rail works. No more wierd log errors

20 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I have not seen this. Please try a clean install of KSP 1.4.2, with BDAc 1.2.0, and PRE, and see if you still have the issue. 

Does clean install means deleting everything and reinstalling?

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Does clean install means deleting everything and reinstalling?

Hi, Usually it means , create a new install,  using only Squad BDA  PRE  and module manager in the GameData folder  and retest.  If all systems work then it means that something you have in your GameData is interfering with BDA. 

2 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, Usually it means , create a new install,  using only Squad BDA  PRE  and module manager in the GameData folder  and retest.  If all systems work then it means that something you have in your GameData is interfering with BDA. 

So i have to download again?

8 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

So i have to download again?

HI

No,  simply copy your complete KSP install to another location(preferably not C and NOT your desktop)  Rename it,, make a new shortcut ,   delete all of the contents of the gamedata folder except for Squad copy in BDA PRE etc .  Start new game , done, you have now created a copy of KSP that can be used for troubleshooting similar mod problems.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI

No,  simply copy your complete KSP install to another location(preferably not C and NOT your desktop)  Rename it,, make a new shortcut ,   delete all of the contents of the gamedata folder except for Squad copy in BDA PRE etc .  Start new game , done, you have now created a copy of KSP that can be used for troubleshooting similar mod problems.

HI

oh ok thx. By ksp install folder you mean the folder conraining everything for ksp? Btw how to delete quotes

Edited by Xd the great

Just now, adsii1970 said:

I've skimmed the thread and cannot find one helpful hint. Is this like previous updates where I need to disarm craft made in 1.3 before I bring them over to 1.4?

If you 've already run the craft in 1.3.1 with BDA 1.1 final  then no you should be good to go.  If however you have been running perhaps ksp1.3,  disarming craft is very much advised before importing craft

If you 've already run the craft in 1.3.1 with BDA 1.1 final  then no you should be good to go.  If however you have been running perhaps ksp1.3,  disarming craft is very much advised before importing craft

When 1.3.1 was announced and then Squad did the whole, "hey 1.4 is coming...", I made the choice to wait for 1.4... 

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

When 1.3.1 was announced and then Squad did the whole, "hey 1.4 is coming...", I made the choice to wait for 1.4... 

Hi, we'd recommend a full disarm in that case, there a lot (understatement)  of under the hood changes between 1.3 and the 1.4.x version .

6 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, we'd recommend a full disarm in that case, there a lot (understatement)  of under the hood changes between 1.3 and the 1.4.x version .

Would that include the weapons manager and the missile racks?

Just now, adsii1970 said:

Would that include the weapons manager and the missile racks?

The rotary rack, and any weapons would ideally be removed,   that's all weapons of all types,  as they've all had  cfg  and module changes. As a personal thing , pull off the WM as well, start with a nice clean slate .

The rotary rack, and any weapons would ideally be removed,   that's all weapons of all types,  as they've all had  cfg  and module changes. As a personal thing , pull off the WM as well, start with a nice clean slate .

Thanks. I probably should have asked that on discord rather than asking here. Sorry about that!

Hey guys. I have got a little problem with BDA mod. It's actual version of BD with vessel mover and physic range extender. 

The problem is that when I drive a vehicle with weapon manager installed and click on BDA icon, the red phrase "MODULE MANAGER NOT INSTALLED. BDA WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY" appears in the middle of the screen.

I will be really happy if someone  can send me a link to MODULE MANAGER that works with BDA 1.4.x, Physic range extender and vessel mover. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Equador said:

I will be really happy if someone  can send me a link to MODULE MANAGER that works with BDA 1.4.x, Physic range extender and vessel mover. 

While I'm at it, might I ask why module manager not packaged with the BDA download as it is with most other mods that require it? Apologies if this has been asked/explained before.

Edited by Wraith977

8 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

While I'm at it, might I ask why module manager not packaged with the BDA download as it is with most other mods that require it? Apologies if this has been asked/explained before. 

Hi quite simply because we see far too many cases of multiple and obsolete copies of MM and similar bundled dll's  in the logs we see regularly,  as today 1 log with 8 versions of MM. And a new record holder in the 37 copies of AVC.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

9 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi quite simply because we see far too many cases of multiple and obsolete copies of MM and similar bundled dll's  in the logs we see regularly,  as today 1 log with 8 versions of MM. And a new record holder in the 37 copies of AVC. 

This needs some sort of award... :D

55 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

This needs some sort of award... :D

I agree ... although it would be better if the KSP modding community would just stop bundling avc with every single mod

Can't hold the user accountable when it's 3/4's of the modders out there are bundling avc with every mod they maintain :wink:

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

I agree ... although it would be better if the KSP modding community would just stop bundling avc with every single mod

Can't hold the user accountable when it's 3/4's of the modders out there are bundling avc with every mod they maintain :wink:

I agree. The solution is kinda simple, to be honest with you (or at least I think it is).

Since most modders do use AVC, why not give the url link on the forum thread to download the full AVC plugin. Use the fact it will help keep the mods updated as the reason why to use it, then the only part of the AVC that has to be put into the mod is the version file.

When I post the next update of InFllightFlagSwitcher and the system Nohochacyum, this is what I am going to do. :)