[1.4.x] BDArmory Continued v1.2.2.2 [8/8/2018] + Vessel Mover, Camera Tools, BDMk22, Destruction Effects, Burn Together

DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

If you already know how to integrate into the PAI then the answer is right in front of you when you open up the PAI code ... Your answer is literally right in front of you

If you are having problems understanding what is before you when looking at the PAI code might I suggest going to the following thread where many of the KSP community's plugin guys/gals will be able to assist you further

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/29-plugin-development-help-and-support/

Thanks!

1 hour ago, xx_mortekai_xx said:

I first want to say thank you for this wonderful mod.  It adds so much more depth to the game, and allows for some very interesting gameplay.

I do want to ask a question - what are the chances of more than two teams being implemented any time soon?

Four teams would be great. A Free For All (FFA) mode would be awesome. :)

2 hours ago, Galane said:

4 hours ago, xx_mortekai_xx said:

I first want to say thank you for this wonderful mod.  It adds so much more depth to the game, and allows for some very interesting gameplay.

I do want to ask a question - what are the chances of more than two teams being implemented any time soon?

The chances are 0.0% if you don't open a ticket here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues/new

:)

2 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

Does anyone know when I can expect a 1.3.1 release?

Because you asked it will be delayed a week :/ ......

All joking aside, there is already a BDAc release compatible with KSP v1.3.1

Might I suggest you read the following post concerning etiquette in regards to asking about updates on this forum as us modders do this in our free time without being compensated ... don't 'expect' any update until we're ready to release it (and we will release when we're ready to release ... when is that you ask, well when we're ready to is when)

Hi, great mod but I have a bit of a question/suggestion. since there is now a function to set guns to target a certain vehicle type I would love it if you could set priority's for crafts (If not in the mod already). This way, you can set a high caliber gun to a higher priority and when it runs out of ammo the AI will switch to the lesser caliber gun. It would also be nice if the AI (And players more easily) could fire multiple gun types at once. This right now, even though it might not be what you are supposed to be doing, only doable through action groups or toggling them independently.  

On 11/9/2017 at 11:48 AM, DoctorDavinci said:

If you already know how to integrate into the PAI then the answer is right in front of you when you open up the PAI code ... Your answer is literally right in front of you

If you are having problems understanding what is before you when looking at the PAI code might I suggest going to the following thread where many of the KSP community's plugin guys/gals will be able to assist you further

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/29-plugin-development-help-and-support/

Found it. Now, I will (try) to integrate with BDAI. How do you get a crafts Vspeed variable?

2 hours ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

Hi, great mod but I have a bit of a question/suggestion. since there is now a function to set guns to target a certain vehicle type I would love it if you could set priority's for crafts (If not in the mod already). This way, you can set a high caliber gun to a higher priority and when it runs out of ammo the AI will switch to the lesser caliber gun. It would also be nice if the AI (And players more easily) could fire multiple gun types at once. This right now, even though it might not be what you are supposed to be doing, only doable through action groups or toggling them independently.  

Give two guns the same weapons name and UI title. Dont mess with the technical name at the top.

15 hours ago, Galane said:

Yeah!

Edited by Guest

It wont compile

here is the output

Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: BDArmory, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>  BDArmory
1>  ...
1>  set lpath vars from LocalDev storage...
1>  The system cannot find the file specified.
1>  Copying KSP assemblies from "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data\Managed" to "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs" folder...
1>  The system cannot find the drive specified.
1>  KSP API references copying complete!
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: The command "@echo BDArmory
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: SET ModName=BDArmory
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: @echo ...
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: @echo set lpath vars from LocalDev storage...
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: set /p KSP_DIR=<"C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\ksp_dir.txt"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: set /p PDB2MDB_EXE=<"C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\pdb2mdb_exe.txt"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: set /p ZA_DIR=<"C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\7za_dir.txt"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: set /p DIST_DIR=<"C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\dist_dir.txt"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: @echo Copying KSP assemblies from "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed" to "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs" folder...
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: copy /Y "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: copy /Y "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: copy /Y "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\KSPAssets.dll" "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: copy /Y "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll" "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: copy /Y "%KSP_DIR%\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll" "C:\Users\PCAdmin\Desktop\addons\BDA\BDArmory-master\BDArmory\LocalDev\Refs"
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073:
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1263,5): error MSB3073: @echo KSP API references copying complete!" exited with code 1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

https://github.com/dundun92/BDArmoryhttps://github.com/dundun92/BDArmory

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

here is the output

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

On 11/9/2017 at 11:26 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI all those things are provided in very large quantities by other mods.

Hi , all missiles now have the ability to be vacuum steered, BUT the BDAI suite is not set up for  operation outside of the atmosphere, so despite the ability for missiles and guns to work there,    space combat isn't happening, as the poor old AI has trouble hitting a 5km target with 6km/s projectile. 

Because it's been asked about so often recently i went back to space to find out, if in fact it was really viable enough to be called a thing.  It's not (imo),   and  epic space battles ( similar to the dogfights in atmosphere or even capital ship engagements,  ( given that my ww2 ships fire and hit at 18KM))   will not be drawing me back anytime soon.  ( and I'm not talking about stockalike space battles, purely BDA powered scenarios)  

bu8c3ws.png

Perfect. Many thanks. Wasn't planning on space dogfights, so the AI would only need to be able to fire from a fixed position (station, base) with PDW. The missiles...well...those are for me.

Opposable thumbs must entitle one so at least some benefits...

22 hours ago, TheDog said:

Reading THREAD TITLES also helps...

I don't see any clear information about a release date in the title, I only see 4/11/2017

22 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Because you asked it will be delayed a week :/ ......

All joking aside, there is already a BDAc release compatible with KSP v1.3.1

Might I suggest you read the following post concerning etiquette in regards to asking about updates on this forum as us modders do this in our free time without being compensated ... don't 'expect' any update until we're ready to release it (and we will release when we're ready to release ... when is that you ask, well when we're ready to is when)

Thanks for the nice reply!

Of course I respect that you guys don't have all the time in the world to make a BDAc 1.3.1 release because I assume most of you go to school or have a job. I also see why you'd want to thoroughly test a new BDAc release since gamers don't like a half assed mod or game.

Lastly the PSA quoted had some stuff in it that I couldn't be bothered to do or didn't even think of, and I'm sorry for that. 

16 minutes ago, Hojoz said:

I don't see any clear information about a release date in the title, I only see 4/11/2017

Thanks for the nice reply!

Of course I respect that you guys don't have all the time in the world to make a BDAc 1.3.1 release because I assume most of you go to school or have a job. I also see why you'd want to thoroughly test a new BDAc release since gamers don't like a half assed mod or game.

Lastly the PSA quoted had some stuff in it that I couldn't be bothered to do or didn't even think of, and I'm sorry for that. 

Do you know that the last release supports KSP 1.3.1,  right? 

The title says KSP 1.3.X :)

12 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Do you know that the last release supports KSP 1.3.1,  right? 

The title says KSP 1.3.X :)

Yes I did note that, but thought the thread was initiated at the start of 1.3 and you guys where still developing the 1.3.1 version.

Tbh looking back at it, it makes me facepalm lol.

6 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Also, can air detonate shells detonate at more than 3.5km? How do you change the .cfg?

HI , yes and as you're digging around n the code , you'll find all the max settings and values in the various CS dealing with module weapon etc

Re path to drive.  I generally don't bother with pre and post build as i do so little code work,  and you could probably skip it and pull the complied DLL's from the project folder, until that is you work out why the pathing doesnt work on the post build.

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI , yes and as you're digging around n the code , you'll find all the max settings and values in the various CS dealing with module weapon etc

Re path to drive.  I generally don't bother with pre and post build as i do so little code work,  and you could probably skip it and pull the complied DLL's from the project folder, until that is you work out why the pathing doesnt work on the post build.

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@dundun92 - take a look at the following link

It's the wiki that was made specifically for developers and contributors ... will help with setting up the project

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/wiki

Thanks!

37 minutes ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

Hi,

So I recently thought of the HE-KV-1 missile again and wanted to ask if it was going to stay in the hangar forever to remind us of what once was or is it still on the priority list? I keep wanting to do that moon battle...

Go ahead and give a try. Let me know the outcome :)