MythBusters: The Search

StupidAndy

Origional Mythbusters or New Mythbusters  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Origional Mythbusters or New Mythbusters

• Origional Mythbusters
    • New Mythbusters

so, I'm pretty sure that most of you have watched Mythbusters, and if you haven't, what's wrong with you? just kidding :)

so you might know that there is a new series to find out who "will be the next generation of mythbusters" if you watched mythbusters

to me, mythbusters is the reason I love science, but this series is...im not even sure...

from the tags, you probably know my next part of my rant...

I'm not really sure if I'm glad that mythbusters is back

on one hand, explosions count as science again

but on the other hand, maybe mythbusters is such a cool thing, with so many cool things over 13 years, it is better to leave it be.

what do you think? to me, the show so far is good, but it might just be there for the channel to get people to watch it again because people might have stopped watching the channel due to mythbusters not being on anymore...

my rant result: I'm not sure yet... there was a spacex guy, but I'm not sure, there is only two episodes so far...so I'll wait

I have both of the episodes recorded, but I can tell that I'll probably like the original more, so I'll vote that. (But who knows? :confused:)

I also think that if the show ending had no effect on the channel, it would probably be best just to leave it be. Plus, Kari, Grant, and Tory are starting a new show (sort-of) like Mythbusters on Netflix called the "White Rabbit Project," but I don't know when it's starting.

14 hours ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

I have both of the episodes recorded, but I can tell that I'll probably like the original more, so I'll vote that. (But who knows? :confused:)

I also think that if the show ending had no effect on the channel, it would probably be best just to leave it be. Plus, Kari, Grant, and Tory are starting a new show (sort-of) like Mythbusters on Netflix called the "White Rabbit Project," but I don't know when it's starting.

It's already on, and it's pretty good.

Btw, have you heard the theme? I suppose you haven't but it's excellent.

21 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

There are only two Mythbusters. And there are only three persons capable of succeeding them.

This.

Otherwise I treat it like American Top Gear or "new" Top Gear (meaning I watch Grand Tour, instead).

4 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Though I wonder if the original crew will make their own show that'll get ratings far surpassing the new version of their "old" show. :P

That show, like Mythbusters, is as much (or more) about the chemistry between the principals as the subject matter, IMO.

8 hours ago, tater said:
13 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Though I wonder if the original crew will make their own show that'll get ratings far surpassing the new version of their "old" show. :P

That show, like Mythbusters, is as much (or more) about the chemistry between the principals as the subject matter, IMO.

And don't forget part of the Top Gear crew got canned. And the others left in anger because of that. The MythBusters called it quits at their own accord. They stopped the show because they themselves thought it was time to move on.

1 minute ago, Tex_NL said:

And don't forget part of the Top Gear crew got canned. And the others left in anger because of that. The MythBusters called it quits at their own accord. They stopped the show because they themselves thought it was time to move on.

Nexflix has a new show, White Rabbit Project, that has a lot of the Mythbuster familiar faces, just not Adam or Jamie.

The original five have left big boots to fill, it's a tall order to do it. Plus Tory, Grant, and Kari are Grand Touring it which makes it even harder for a new MB team to be well received.

In any case it did start to feel like yes, the Mythbusters were running out of myths, judging by the increasing frequency of film tie-in episodes as the series went on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.