[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

The mod looks so beautiful but...

Did you just take a plugin and the textures from my mod?

I mean, it's fine, but if you want to use a part of someone's mod in your own you should give a credit or at least notify the author of that.

P.S. Not to being rude, I just don't like when something belonging to me is being taken without any notification

Edited by Artyomka15

7 minutes ago, Artyomka15 said:

I mean, it's fine, but if you want to use a part of someone's mod in your own you should give a credit or at least notify the author of that.

P.S. Not to being rude, I just don't like when something belonging to me is being taken without any notification

There is a note in the config inside the INSTANTIATOR folder crediting you. I thought @Gamel0rd1 already informed you?

Nevertheless, I was already looking for you regarding INSTANTIATOR, would you consider releasing it as a separate mod? I'm personally looking into the possibilities of creating a galaxy-like texture with this (although I would never release a thing using INSTANTIATOR without getting your permission) and the possibilities are amazing, from accretion discs to customized rings to whole galaxies, it truly is a marvelous piece of technology capable of amazing things, that's why I'm asking.

I do think the textures @Gamel0rd1 uses are original, I recall him showing me some in-development screenshots of him tweaking with the edge of the ring texture, but then again I didn't take a good look at Kargantua's textures so I can't be certain.

2 hours ago, Artyomka15 said:

Ah, that's a very fair point you brought up.

Nevertheless, although I didn't realise you yourself was the original creator of INSTANTIATOR, it probably would have been more civilised for me to ask but, seeing as you didn't respond to the fellow who posted on your own mod page (from what I see), I didn't. As of version 1.1 when I first introduced the INSTANTIATOR plugin, I credited you in its configuration files. The textures used are all original and were created by myself.

That being said - May I use INSTANTIATOR in my mod? If you would like me to remove it, by all means I will.

PS: I don't know how to code a plugin myself. I was going to look into how to do an effects algorithm and use instantiator as a placeholder. I understand that's no excuse to just use the one you provided in your own modpack, but I wasn't 100% sure it was your own work, and I would like to apologise for doing what I did.

PSPS: Can we take this to a PM? Thanks.

Edited by Gamel0rd1

Hey all!
In order to reduce the file size of the mod, I am taking a nice look at VertexHeightNoise and HeightColorMap. I won't need a heightmap or colormap anymore because they will be generated by Kopernicus using the noise parameters.

Here's what I have so far. I'm basing it off laythe, but it will be a lighter shade of sand (More orange-yellow-white sand than a murky brownish grey). I'm also planning on adding some MapDecal PQSMods to add cool features. If you have any ideas, suggest them below! I can draw a simple volcano or mountain, depends what you guys want to throw at me. So go on, what do you wanna see!

cIP5KG6.jpg

11 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I try to use kittopia, but i cant do the same things as above ^

You need to add PQSMods to your planet to define it. Here's some example code. Add this into the planet's config (.cfg) file:

VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
				{
					deformity = 5000
					ridgedAddSeed = 5500
					ridgedAddFrequency = 20
					ridgedAddLacunarity = 4
					ridgedAddOctaves = 8
					ridgedSubSeed = 62
					ridgedSubFrequency = 12
					ridgedSubLacunarity = 2
					ridgedSubOctaves = 4
					simplexCurve
					{
						key = 0 0 0.1466263 0.1466263
						key = 0.7922793 0.2448772 0.6761706 1.497418
						key = 1 1 6.106985 6.106985
					}
					simplexHeightStart = 0
					simplexHeightEnd = 6500
					simplexSeed = 257
					simplexOctaves = 16
					simplexPersistence = 0.5
					simplexFrequency = 12
					enabled = true
					order = 200
				}

9 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I cant add PQSmods, i used adobe, and it doesnt render it as a supported file.

I cant fix that.

What? Using photoshop has zero to do with PQS mods.

You can apply any pqs mod to any body, regardless of how you made textures

Edited by Galileo

44 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I cant add PQSmods, i used adobe, and it doesnt render it as a supported file.

I cant fix that.

Eeeeeeh?

Your PQSMods are found in your Planet's config file (for example, Kerbin.cfg)

WBO4VsR.png

Hey everyone! Progress has been made! @Galileo has pointed me to how to create Scatterer atmospheres. Here's the new atmospheric model for Fume. It's currently on the wrong planet (just because I had a ship landed there), so expect the new planet to be different to this.

unknown.png

Xxb45WU.jpggGfh4n9.jpg

Edited by Gameslinx

12 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

No, it's just that when i want to use something. like a pqsmod, adobe doesnt say it as a supported file, or it was damaged.

What are you trying to do? You need to explain, because I am completely lost here.

Could you post a step-by-step method of what you are doing?

EDIT: You need to open it in Notepad or Notepad++. I don't know why you're trying to open a raw text file in an adobe editor because it's not a .txt file

Edited by Gameslinx

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You need to add PQSMods to your planet to define it. Here's some example code. Add this into the planet's config (.cfg) file:

VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2
				{
					deformity = 5000
					ridgedAddSeed = 5500
					ridgedAddFrequency = 20
					ridgedAddLacunarity = 4
					ridgedAddOctaves = 8
					ridgedSubSeed = 62
					ridgedSubFrequency = 12
					ridgedSubLacunarity = 2
					ridgedSubOctaves = 4
					simplexCurve
					{
						key = 0 0 0.1466263 0.1466263
						key = 0.7922793 0.2448772 0.6761706 1.497418
						key = 1 1 6.106985 6.106985
					}
					simplexHeightStart = 0
					simplexHeightEnd = 6500
					simplexSeed = 257
					simplexOctaves = 16
					simplexPersistence = 0.5
					simplexFrequency = 12
					enabled = true
					order = 200
				}

I used the code, but when i go to paste it, adobe says "Adobe reader could not open (Planet).cfg because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged"

That error pops up.

8 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I used the code, but when i go to paste it, adobe says "Adobe reader could not open (Planet).cfg because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged"

That error pops up.

Open (The name of your planet).cfg in notepad

Press ctrl+v or right click and press paste

You don't need to open it in Adobe Reader. If you're getting this problem when opening the file, right click (the name of your planet).cfg and press 'open with...', then select Notepad.

Niebos is getting a slight scatterer update

6VeUtuZ.jpg

GE3QQ6C.jpg

jvZPglV.jpg

zFNrLwA.jpg

vHxzs30.jpg

EDIT: Doesn't this below image look beautiful? I know it's a known bug, but with the visual mods installed it looks... almost beautiful (SOUTH POLE of Niebos)

unknown.png

Here's the north pole of the planet as well. Also eerily good looking...

unknown.png

Edited by Gameslinx

13 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I'm confused.

I have no idea how to make a planet, and the computer doesn't have a "Open with" when i right click it.

Ok, sorry, I assumed you were. What are you trying to do? (In general, what do you need the PQSMODS for? If you tell me then I can try and help you out :D 

1 hour ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I was trying to make a planet.

You don't NEED pqs mods to make a planet. There are plenty of tutorials on how to make a planet. Just use the search bar and go find some. Before you start worrying about PQS mods, learn the basics of planet creation. Here is a quick basic tutorial

@The White Guardian Has some good tutorials for beginners

Edited by Galileo

On 17/03/2017 at 1:20 PM, Plummet said:

Anyone bagged them all yet? I'm heading home from Quarta, just got Scorch and Fume to go...

If you count hyper edit, I bagged them all many times over.

Though using traditional none cheating methods, I have been to Niebos and Sheathe (Sheathe is on my youtube channel if you're interested).

I don't think anyone else has landed on em all get :wink: be the first!

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

A625kWS.jpg

(Not my image)

Right click your planet.CFG file, press open with, then choose 'Notepad'. Then add the code I offered above.

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

You don't NEED pqs mods to make a planet. There are plenty of tutorials on how to make a planet. Just use the search bar and go find some. Before you start worrying about PQS mods, learn the basics of planet creation.

10 hours ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I was trying to make a planet.

That's some good advice from Galileo. I was probably skipping ahead. There are some great tutorials by many professional creators, especially the white guardian's tutorials (they got the ball rolling for me). Have fun and feel free to share your first planet here with us :)

Edited by Gameslinx