[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Hi, has anyone been able to land in the lava on Gol, I'm trying to do one of the exploration mission, and it keeps coming back even when I "complete" it in the cheats menu. Or if not how can I remove that contract from the game or whatever? Thanks for the awesome planets too :)

17 minutes ago, Adz said:

Hi, has anyone been able to land in the lava on Gol, I'm trying to do one of the exploration mission, and it keeps coming back even when I "complete" it in the cheats menu. Or if not how can I remove that contract from the game or whatever? Thanks for the awesome planets too :)

1. You can't.

2. Use the cheat menu to cancel the contract. You'll receive the penalty. Alternatively, complete it in flight then return to the space centre. If it pops up again in mission control, just ignore it. I can't prevent this contract from spawning.

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

1. You can't.

2. Use the cheat menu to cancel the contract. You'll receive the penalty. Alternatively, complete it in flight then return to the space centre. If it pops up again in mission control, just ignore it. I can't prevent this contract from spawning.

Ok, Thanks anyway, slightly annoying, but thats KSP for you :)

1 hour ago, Adz said:

Ok, Thanks anyway, slightly annoying, but thats KSP for you :)

Edit: no problem. Got the replies mixed up!

@SnakePlanet123 May I ask why you're still on such a low version?

If you really want to run it on 1.0.5, join the Kopernicus discord (linked in post 1 on here) and we can discuss it further.

Edited by Gameslinx

39 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

I don't see any rings around oluum like in the screenshots although it is glowing. Are there any 2k textures for planets as I don't want to quarter res and sacrifice even more visuals.

The rings will be returning, but had to be removed due to a major error with the plugin that provided them, thus why the screenshots are still in the loading menu.

Set your texture quality ingame to half res to get 2k textures.

14 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

In before kerbin video you made a plane landed in shallow water what planet was that. Are there any other planets with water areas shallow enough for an interstellar type water landing?

In GPO?

Telos is one of such planets. At places, it has shallow water which eventually falls off into the ocean. Mainly near the equator/beaches.

Butai is also one of such planets if you look for flat land which enters the water, too.

Edited by Gameslinx

4 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

When I install this via ckan it says kopernicus couldn't load the custom planet pack.

Then don't install it through Ckan.

(I didn't write the Ckan thing. Don't use it, I'm trying to fix it but I hate Ckan so...)

You'll need to downland it manually  - it's an easy drag and drop, don't worry.

29 minutes ago, TachyonGMZ said:

@GameslinxI'm not trying to target you but why do you hate ckan? I notice many mod authors dislike it aswell, Why is this?

Because it has a tendency to go wrong, which is out of our control.

A general saying that I use is that if you can't install mods manually, you shouldn't even try installing mods. It isn't my fault that a user installs this mod with SVE or AVP when i strictly said that visual mods come with GPO and should not be installed separately.

If CKAN goes wrong, it is difficult to correct as it can overwrite files and make the entire process extremely annoying to deal with.

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Working on a sneaky update:

unknown-1.png

Including my own KS3P config to un-ugly the dirt Lense seen above, plus enhance or reduce certain effects.

But more importabtly

THE ACCRETION DISKS ARE RETURNING MY DUDES

1 2 G B  L O G  F I L E S 

G

B

L

O

G

F

I

L

E

S

2 hours ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Is this compatible with sigma rescale?

When I installed this on a completely new install with ckan it worked fine. When I installed it manually on modded I got th could not load custom planet error and now i'm getting it again.

Don't use Ckan. I don't and didn't write the config for it. I have no control over it at this moment - I'm working on it.

For the manual install, are you sure you followed the instructions correctly? And what other mods did you have.

And yes, it is compatible with Rescale. At least, it was the last time I tried. Give it a go and tell me if there are any issues, thank you!

I don't think that Gameslinx had optimization in mind when creationg this mod :(.

Getting 19fps (settings all turned down) in space centre while 60fps on Alternis Kerbol and Stock (default settings, SVE on stock, rest of mods the same through out).  FX-8320, R7 370 2GB, 14GB, Win10

Looks real nice tho, wish I could visit some of them, only if the performance could improve :/

I get the could not load issue when using this with sigma rescale ckan or manual. Works fine when not rescaling.

Is before kerbin compatible with 1.3.1 as it only says 1.3.0. I know this is the gameslinx planet overhaul thread but since i'm here I may as well ask.

17 hours ago, olekopyto said:

I don't think that Gameslinx had optimization in mind when creationg this mod :(

You would be wrong.

17 hours ago, olekopyto said:

default settings, SVE on stock, rest of mods the same through out

Don't use SVE for GPO

The performance is down to EVE. When running GPO and getting bad performance, remove EVE from your GameData and it should pick up again. I'll look into rewriting the cloud configs for the planets. Thank you for reporting this bug.

1 hour ago, TachyonGMZ said:

Is before kerbin compatible with 1.3.1

If you want to use the current version with 1.3.1, install Before Kerbin as normal, but replace the existing Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator with the current Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator version.

31 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

You would be wrong.

Don't use SVE for GPO

The performance is down to EVE. When running GPO and getting bad performance, remove EVE from your GameData and it should pick up again. I'll look into rewriting the cloud configs for the planets. Thank you for reporting this bug.

If you want to use the current version with 1.3.1, install Before Kerbin as normal, but replace the existing Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator with the current Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator version.

I did install gameslinx manually and tested with and without rescale. I know you dont like me mentioning ckan :wink: I was just saying that I repeated the test using ckan after doing it manually, couldnt resist.