Suggestion: Toggleable CoM and CoT markers in flight

I would like the center of mass and center of thrust indicators to be visible during flight, toggleable just like the aero overlay.

While center of lift will normally remain just the same as it was in the VAB/SPH (and we also have the aero overlay), center of mass can change quite a bit. If one is trying to design a VTOL craft, one can compensate for changes in CoM by adjusting the thrust of fore/aft engines.

In particular, I was doing this on a VTOL mk3 spaceplane I was using on Duna to move surface base modules. Depending on the docked module or how full the craft was with fuel, the CoM was different. As the lift engine only fire at the last stage of flight, I simply had to quicksave, test a thrust setting, quick load, test another, etc... 

Alternately, I could go to the space center, load the craft design, adjust fuel levels, and then stick a saved subassembly of the payload it is carrying, then adjust thrust settings to get CoM and CoT in line, then go back to the craft before it lifts off/de-orbits.

All of that is very inconvenient, and it would be nice if there were a toggle to display CoM and CoT.

As you said CoL is more or less stationary. In the past I used to mark it with a small part like an octo strut. CoM is also reasonably easy to figure out since the default camera focusses on it. I have no idea how to visualize the CoT.

In-flight markers would be a great feature to have in the [Alt]+[F12] menu.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.