[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion thread

kacperrutka26

I think for IVA's what they are aiming for is the basic internal view, much like how we got all the basic mechanics for EVA last time. For EVA, the most basic step was full mobility, since the kerbals are just little space ships that move funny and look goofy, and they are simply spawned and unspawned. The cockpit doesn't actually exist inside the command pod part, so the most basic step would be rendering the internal space with kerbals in it, and presumably being able to see out the windows and fly the ship from some sort of cockpit view. After that, it might be safe to guess that 0.18 will be when we can expect to be able to move around inside the ship, since this would still be pretty basic IVA stuff (in terms of features, not in terms of complexity or anything), and it seems like what they are doing is building all the basic features first so that they can build it all up from there, which makes sense. A lot of this stuff impacts on the way everything else is coded, as revealed in the blogs, so once you have all the foundation going, building that stuff up like giving us stuff to do while on EVA will interfere less with the rest of the code. I expect IVA's will have to span two versions to get us the real basic foundation, though I might be plesently surprised. After that, I sincerely hope docking finds its way back onto the list for 0.19, or .20 at the latest. In my ideal world while trying to keep it realistic, perhaps rudimentary docking in 0.19, and the orbital hanger for 0.20 though I hope that ultimately we are able to choose between the space hanger for simplicity and speed, and manual construction by putting things in orbit ourselves for the cool factor.

Wish I could have that, would be very useful, but I'm not the best programmer yet, and there are no spots on the game team, so it'll have to wait months, maybe years, but anyways, that green planet looks pretty precarious, maybe be able to send a data probe into it, that way you could research what the atmospheric density is, it's temperature, etc. I think it would be pretty cool, but it's up to the dev team anyways.

Yes but I was not aware that that particular tool is in the game now.

There are 2 versions of KSP as far as I know. 1 being the standard, everyday version me and you and most of the other people on the forum use. The 2nd being a dev version only of the game, allowing devs to add and test different features of the game. That's why they have the text displaying there velocity and body of influence. This version of KSP is not available and probably will never be.

Guest Thobewill

Tspa1.jpg?1

What could it be...?

EDIT: chimpanzee skull

EDIT 2: comet

EDIT 3: decepticon

Edited by Thobewill

use "what-the"'s version.

it looks like a lander in front of some kind of bubble structure...

I think i can make out three kerbals on the image (one on each side of the bubble, and one on the ladder of the landed craft.)

maybe it's not even a bubble... it's spotlights on a munolith-thing

use this link to turn it upside-down

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/retouched2.png/

Seems like the brighter part on the left side is a lander, and the darker "bubble structure" is a moonrise behind a cliff.

My second guess would be a satellite with solar panels orbiting a planet with a saturn-like asteroid belt.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30841&d=1344320227

Name: Unknown

Distance from Kerbal: ~22'000'000 Km - ~75'000'000 km

Orbiting Kerbol at: ~35'000'000 km

Average Orbital Speed: ~5.8 Km/s

Syndonic Period: ~470 Days

Rotation Period: Unknown

Inclination: Unknown

Number of Satellites: 1(2)

This is not confirmed it's just my speculations.. Edited by Atimed

Ohhh, thats awesome. I am almost more exited about all the moons than the planets themselves. I just want to ask, in all the images of moons they have been relitivley similar to the mun as far as I can tell. Will there be some more interesting features in the new moons compared to the mun, such as irregular shapes like phobos or lakes and oceans such as on titan? I dont mind for now but It would be awesome in the future.

Oh God, please make the space Kraken a reaper...

Sorry to bring this to you..But they Killed the space Kraken already..

-But a reaper look a like rock formation, on some of the far far away planets that would be nice..

Here's another picture of my retouched image. Now upside down and I have changed the hue. Cropped to the War of the Worlds like Mars Tripod thing.

tripodb.jpg

Also

Don\'t worry, I have plans for a Kraken Memorial ;P

Maybe it's the Kraken?

Edited by what-the

Nah, Uranus is light blue (hydrogen,helium and methane).

uranus_hubble_23_aug_2006_big.jpg

Uranus picture made by Hubble space telescope in 2006

EDIT1:

Chlorine. Or Copper Oxide Particles.

Or Potassium gas.

Any of this compounds wouldn't appear in gas giants and especially in upper atmosphere :P.

Edited by karolus10