Fine tuning mod list (halp!)

The Aziz

So I want to start new game, finally after two years of playing one career.
And I downloaded few mods...

3SMzGnz.png

here full version, it's pretty long.

And I'd like to know if there are mods that provide very similar features, so I don't have two mods that do exactly same thing;
also if there are better replacements for some listed above. I am especially not sure about EVA related mods and KAS/KIS systems, then about Colonisation systems, construcion mods, etc etc, you know what i'm talking about.

Halp?

KAS/KIS are a must. Do not get rid of em :P. I don't play with any contract related mods (other then scansat and I just ignore those) so I'm not sure about those. if you have mechjeb installed then I don't think you need KER installed since they both give data+mechjeb works as autopilot. I don't use visual mods of any kinds so I don't know... You have ground construction core, but I don't see ground construction itself... Was that a dependency for something? If not you definitely don't need that... A lot of the others I wouldn't know without seeing their descriptions (too lazy to look each one up individually lol :D).

20 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

if you have mechjeb installed then I don't think you need KER installed since they both give data+mechjeb works as autopilot.

I like KER more as information provider, and looks better. I don't like having too many windows opened.

20 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

You have ground construction core, but I don't see ground construction itself... Was that a dependency for something? If not you definitely don't need that..

USI Kolonization Systems. BUT I also have Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, I believe both do the same. Which is better, I have no idea. I'll just delete the latter.

USI and KPBS work in similar way but both are unic in Stile and Workarounds. USI is more complex at the Moment IMPO but here is a Collaboration WIP. GC is in Integration in USI and a Good helper for Building in situ.

Have a Good time

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

E: False Link but right Tread linkes in sry

Edited by Urses

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

USI Kolonization Systems. BUT I also have Kerbal Planetary Base Systems, I believe both do the same. Which is better, I have no idea. I'll just delete the latter.

USI Kolonization Systems and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems are actually very different things.  The former is a construction chain, logistics, and gameplay mod that happens to include parts.  The latter is a parts mod for surface bases.

(Honestly, your mod list doesn't look that long...)

9 hours ago, DStaal said:

USI Kolonization Systems and Kerbal Planetary Base Systems are actually very different things.  The former is a construction chain, logistics, and gameplay mod that happens to include parts. 

I watched few things about USI and it looks nice and challenging.

Two more things, I want something that is related to rover construction, also something that has movable parts, kinda like infernal robotics. Anything like that compatible with 1.2.2?

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I watched few things about USI and it looks nice and challenging.

Two more things, I want something that is related to rover construction, also something that has movable parts, kinda like infernal robotics. Anything like that compatible with 1.2.2?

RoverDude's full USI Consteallation has 4 rovers in it Akita, PackRat, Malemute and Karibou. USI Konstruction has a set of articulated parts, like Wheels or a Claw. Take a look here

https://bobpalmer.github.io/UmbraSpaceIndustries/

And read the Wiki. You can make it realy complex!

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

E: Karibou Wheels are a Genius hit. I slap them on like anything i will move around:D

Edited by Urses

Other options for rovers are Feline Utility Rovers, the Buffalo, and the Puma.  Each has some different strengths - Feline Utility Rovers has some nice parts you can use to make *articulated* rovers, the Buffalo's configuration can be switched around between a wide variety of options (including in the field), and the Puma supports stock parts quite well.

16 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I like KER more as information provider, and looks better. I don't like having too many windows opened.

KPBS works useful for making cool looking bases without a lot of hassle, and it incorporates different parts for different mods (it gives an alternative to the EPL Launchpad that's easier to land, and if you have USI LS installed it gives parts for that too).  USI MKS lets you make big complex bases that serve lots of purposes, but it requires you to actually plan ahead. Instead of just plopping down any base anywhere, you need a certain amount of resources onsite for it to survive, or you need to have the ability to easily transport the necessary supplies there. Its designed to run using USI LS so if you don't have it I am not sure if it will work right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.