SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

19 minutes ago, tater said:

GZXyAqmXIAQVL5o?format=jpg&name=large

I was thinking that this might be a way to simplify construction, but if those struts, just next to the corners, are where the support arms are supposed to be put in, they would have less parts overall, but the shapes are going to be weird, compared to the old one.  Of course, they could just be using the square as the bottom, then slapping a shorter version of OLM-1's table.

28 minutes ago, tater said:

GZXyAqmXIAQVL5o?format=jpg&name=large

Huh.

Ok, so we have a NOTAM for SS30 but so far crickets from the FAA on B12?  Maybe they will repeat IFT-4’s booster return to sea or maybe they will try a catch.  SpaceX site clearly states they will try a catch.  But until the FAA backs that up I’m not so sure yet.  I hope they do, but would be happy to see another launch and more data either way.  

43 minutes ago, AckSed said:

Circle is over, square is my new friend now.

But seriously, how does that work?

I’m guessing maybe there will be a circle in that square and by starting with the square it will make positioning curved parts far simpler during construction.  The protruding corners could also provide space for mounting various things during maintenance and maybe make alignment of the booster quicker.   

Maybe raised extensions of the deluge on the corners that kick on as the engines clear the mount?

It will be great to find out what the heck is going on

GZZQqaUWoAACfrL?format=png&name=small

The previous statement had the Novemeber date in there, since expunged.

51 minutes ago, AckSed said:

But seriously, how does that work?

Spoiler

Edited by tater