SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

I came to Florida for a convention, so I got to see The SpaceX DM-1 liftoff. I originally planned my travel to include some extra days to increase my chances of getting to see a liftoff...and I see now from a Port Canaveral webcam that the booster has come back into port... so I'll head on over to see it.

11 hours ago, tater said:

Dragon will count once crew has flown on it. Anything without crew flown on it? Doesn't count as a crew vehicle.

My original point was merely that Dragon 2 is the first orbital crew vehicle launched from American soil since the Shuttle. Orion on Delta IV Heavy didn't count, to me, because it's not an all-up test. 

3 minutes ago, sevenperforce said:

My original point was merely that Dragon 2 is the first orbital crew vehicle launched from American soil since the Shuttle. Orion on Delta IV Heavy didn't count, to me, because it's not an all-up test. 

I'm agreeing with your list, actually.

We wandered off to do stuff for a while, then came back to check on progress. The crane cap is on top, and the octagrabber robot and base wrap have been removed (so now I can see the engine nozzles). I'm not sure what they do next... fold up the legs? I guess I'll come back later...

xaa58u0.jpg

2 hours ago, Brotoro said:

We wandered off to do stuff for a while, then came back to check on progress. The crane cap is on top, and the octagrabber robot and base wrap have been removed (so now I can see the engine nozzles). I'm not sure what they do next... fold up the legs? I guess I'll come back later...

They've been removing the legs.

While I was off wandering along Cocoa Beach, they lifted the booster off of the drone ship and swung it over to shore. No leg folding or removal first. I guess they'll do that later.

oFEwbTE.jpg

The previous pictures were taken from the parking lots of some bars/restaurants on the south side of the barge canal. We drove around to see what kind of shots could be had from the north side of the canal... we could get up to some fences and shoot through them.

xMe9Btq.jpg

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/schedule.html

March 7, Thursday

12:15 p.m. – Coverage of the Hatch Closure of the SpaceX/Crew Dragon Spacecraft at the International Space Station; hatch closure scheduled at 12:25 p.m. EST (All Channels)

March 8, Friday
2 a.m. – Coverage of the undocking of the SpaceX/Crew Dragon Spacecraft from the International Space Station; undocking scheduled at 2:31 a.m. EST (All Channels)
7:30 a.m. – Coverage of the deorbit Burn and Splashdown of the SpaceX/Crew Dragon Spacecraft to Complete Demonstration Mission-1. Deorbit burn scheduled at 7:50 a.m. EST; splashdown in the Atlantic Ocean scheduled at 8:45 a.m. EST (All Channels)

Edited by tater

8 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Just so long as she doesn't come back with an alien growing in her belly I'm good with it.

That’s what the flamethrower’s for.

4 hours ago, tater said:

March 7, Thursday

12:15 p.m. – Coverage of the Hatch Closure of the SpaceX/Crew Dragon Spacecraft at the International Space Station; hatch closure scheduled at 12:25 p.m. EST (All Channels)

"Next up: Somebody closes a door! Follow the story on all channels!"

54 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

A door that can kill 3 people and wreck a multi billion dollar project.

No Dr Mann is involved, though.

1 hour ago, Codraroll said:

"Next up: Somebody closes a door! Follow the story on all channels!"

Still beats celebrity gossip.