Weekly Aircraft Development Competition

A military transport capable of airdropping rovers. Though there will be a new one tomorrow, and I'm think something smaller, possibly a Ground attack plane or a carrier capable fighter, I haven't decided. Any suggestions are welcome!

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Any mods are allowed, but my personal preference is Stock. and weapons must be Stock, to put everyone on an even playing field. I've all but decided on a carrier fighter jet, ground attack will probably be the week after that.

ah.... dang. Can I at least have a BDA radome for aesthetics?

Yeah, mod weapons aren't necessarily disallowed, but some aircraft are required to have a specific weapon, (I.e ore tank bombs) and using a BDA bomb in its place wouldn't be allowed. So you can use BDA weapons as well as stock weapons if you want. And a radar dome is fine.

22 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Any mods are allowed, but my personal preference is Stock. and weapons must be Stock, to put everyone on an even playing field. I've all but decided on a carrier fighter jet, ground attack will probably be the week after that.

If thats the case, then i already have my airplane already... The F-7 Swift.

Edited by Guest

You won't have to build your own carrier, I'm in the middle of one right now that I will include to be used to test with. And VTOLs are fine, but I think the fighter will probably have to be single engine, so that will be a challenge.

I have replaced those missiles with my new APOG-1 Pidgeon fire-and-forget missiles, but you could use the original ones if you want. Wait till tomorrow, I'll have the actual post up with downloads for most things you would need to test a carrier fighter.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

You won't have to build your own carrier, I'm in the middle of one right now that I will include to be used to test with. And VTOLs are fine, but I think the fighter will probably have to be single engine, so that will be a challenge.

I have replaced those missiles with my new APOG-1 Pidgeon fire-and-forget missiles, but you could use the original ones if you want. Wait till tomorrow, I'll have the actual post up with downloads for most things you would need to test a carrier fighter.

One engined!?! Back to the drawing board...

After testing the range, it looks like my plane can't complete this challenge. I will be pulling out of this one, sorry

Edit: (For the rover Drop challenge)

Edit 2: And could we have a challenge that encourages old-style planes? I'm dying to use this.

Looks and could be used like a carrier aircraft, though its prop-driven top speed of 180m/s may render it uncompetitive

Edited by Skylon

2 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Can it get to the inland KSC, but not finish the return journey? Because if so, there is a refuelling tanker next to the damaged rover for that purpose.

No, I don't think it can get there. 

26 minutes ago, Skylon said:

After testing the range, it looks like my plane can't complete this challenge. I will be pulling out of this one, sorry

Edit: (For the rover Drop challenge)

Edit 2: And could we have a challenge that encourages old-style planes? I'm dying to use this.

Looks and could be used like a carrier aircraft, though its prop-driven top speed of 180m/s may render it uncompetitive

Id love a ww2 one. Id use stock props.

Just now, MiffedStarfish said:

Nope, the challenge is either have a slow single engine VTOL, or build a plane capable of HTOL in fifty metres. I would wait till tomorrow, I'll have a much more detailed list of dos and donts then.

Ok

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.