KSP Interstellar Extended Continued Development Thread

FreeThinker

3 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

Sorry here is the fix

Alright, I did a dif and noticed you added a check on the partModule TankContentSwitcher. What the hell is this? Is it part of Procedural Parts?

Either way, I have integrated it into the script you gave. Hope this avoids any future problems

Edited by FreeThinker

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

TankContentSwitcher

Was the first part i got hold on to exclud the Procedural Tanks, i will look in to SMURFF and MFT.

OK: MFT get in the way the Switching

What is SMURFF?

Edit: @raxo2222 try to delete the "&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels" in the GameData\GameData\WarpPlugin\Patches\OreTanksFix.cfg

Edited by EnigmaG

1 hour ago, EnigmaG said:

Was the first part i got hold on to exclud the Procedural Tanks, i will look in to SMURFF and MFT.

OK: MFT get in the way the Switching

What is SMURFF?

Edit: @raxo2222 try to delete the "&!CryoTanks&!ModularFuelTanks&!RealFuels" in the GameData\GameData\WarpPlugin\Patches\OreTanksFix.cfg

SMURFF is mod that adjusts mass ratios to be realish.

22 hours ago, raxo2222 said:

Now land resources for RSS left.... someone said he would do that earlier.

All Planetary Resource mining is going to be replaced by Stock PLANETARY_RESOURCE system. The Big advantage it allows better integration with other mods and supports scanning. Hopefully this will allow me to harvest all KSPI-E resources from planets/moons. The ultimate goal is to support completely self-sufficient interstellar civilization. For KSPI-E this means being able to manufacture all resources by mining/scooping/pumping and ISRU and Particle Accelerator.

Edited by FreeThinker

32 minutes ago, EnigmaG said:

So this Version  works with RealFuels, ModularFuelTanks and SMURFF. I have also added boron. What other resources  should i add?

Hexaborane and HE3 should be in procedual tank as MFT patch.

Ore tanks (procedural too) should be able to hold solids like ore, boron, lithium alumina, aluminum, uranium (both UN for fission fragment/dusty plasma reactors and UF for gas core/molten salt reactord), thorium, actinides and depleted fuel.

There is ISRU reactions map from main page of this thread:

7a4f9yb.jpg

Radioactive solids are to the left and aluminum - to the right.

Edited by raxo2222

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread, I've had a search but come up blank.

I've just downloaded the mod and I am trying things out in the sandbox - how do I go about using the "Mk5" upgrades on radiators and reactors?  Or is this the default setting in sandbox?

Example

Edited by ovenproofjet
Image added

Hi! I am having an issue where solar panels generate "-infinity" power. I believe this is because I am using galactic neighborhood and I am technically trillions of meters from the normal sun. Is there a way I can disable this mods solar power override and use the normal ones?

10 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

Hi! I am having an issue where solar panels generate "-infinity" power. I believe this is because I am using galactic neighborhood and I am technically trillions of meters from the normal sun. Is there a way I can disable this mods solar power override and use the normal ones?

unfortunately, this is a galactic neighborhood fix for a bug in the mods which make planet packs possible. Fortunately, it very a weak source of power, your not going to power anything spectacular with it.

Edited by FreeThinker

All Planetery Resource mining is going to be replaced by Stock PLANETARY_RESOURCE system. The Big advantage it allows better integration with other mods and supports scanning. Hopefully this will allow me to havest all KSPI-E resourcs from planets/moons. The ultimate goal is to support complely selfsufficient intergalactic civilisation. For KSPI-E this means being able to manufacture all resources by mining/scooping/pumping and ISRU and Particle Accelerator.

Intergalactic? Like traveling form Milky Way to Andromeda?  Better I take 10 000 tons of hydrogen to power quasar reactor and warp at max speed at 1000c for hours irl :P

hi,

can't donwload last version (1.8.28 ) over ckan.  -> Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/172/KSP Interstellar Extended/download/1.8.28" - error: 

not a problem at the moment just that you now about.

12 minutes ago, OnkelUhu said:

hi,

can't donwload last version (1.8.28 ) over ckan.  -> Failed to download "https://spacedock.info/mod/172/KSP Interstellar Extended/download/1.8.28" - error: 

not a problem at the moment just that you now about.

Well you can always download manually from http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/236825-ksp-interstellar-extended

hi,

i have a question about radiators: The graphite radiators are supposed to be seperate parts? Right? As in they should show up seperately in the VAB. Because even after ressearching the relevant node ("heat management systems" I believe) the parts do not show up. The only thing that comes up when I search for "graphite" is the semi-foldable radiator.

I am running a rather heavily modded install, so I am not quite sure where to start the search for the problem.

On another note: I have had a problem with the "OreTanksfix.cfg" after I installed version 1.8.28 there seemed to be a problem with the Procedural Parts mod. Module Manager complained about 6 errors and refused to start the game.

3 hours ago, bertibott said:

hi,

i have a question about radiators: The graphite radiators are supposed to be seperate parts? Right? As in they should show up seperately in the VAB. Because even after ressearching the relevant node ("heat management systems" I believe) the parts do not show up. The only thing that comes up when I search for "graphite" is the semi-foldable radiator.

I am running a rather heavily modded install, so I am not quite sure where to start the search for the problem.

On another note: I have had a problem with the "OreTanksfix.cfg" after I installed version 1.8.28 there seemed to be a problem with the Procedural Parts mod. Module Manager complained about 6 errors and refused to start the game.

Yes they should, please use the  KSPI filter extensions which have a separate filter which has bundled all KSPI-E radiators

8 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

"OreTanksfix.cfg"

patched version.

Hi EnigmaG, please use a text paste site or dropbox for cfg files, if the license allows it.

We don't permit the use of any monetized links, this includes sites like adf.ly and uploaded.net

From the site...

Earn 60% of the sale per advertised Premium account

Collect points in order to upgrade your account

Earn 50% of the sale of rebills of your advertised Premium accounts

Thank you.

O ok sorry, i did not know.

Here is it in Text, i delete the links

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[TankContentSwitcher],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!SMURFF]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{
	%totalCap = #$RESOURCE[Ore]/maxAmount$

%masswore = #$%totalCap$
	@masswore /= #$mass$
	@masswore /= 100 

%masswalu = 0.398
	@masswalu *= #$masswore$

%masswalum = 0.277
	@masswalum *= #$masswore$

%masswbor = 0.246
	@masswbor *= #$masswore$

MODULE
	{
		name = InterstellarFuelSwitch
		tankSwitchNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron
		resourceGui = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron
		resourceNames = Ore;Alumina;Aluminium;Boron
		resourceAmounts = #$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$;$../totalCap$
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		tankResourceMassDivider = #$../masswore$;$../masswalu$;$../masswalum$;$../masswbor$

}  
}

@PART[*]:FINAL
{
	// Remove temporary variables to eliminate log spam

!totalCap = 0
	!masswore = 0
	!masswalu =0
	!masswalum = 0
	!masswbor = 0
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[TankContentSwitcher],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&SMURFF]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{

%masswore = #$%totalCap$
	@masswore /= #$mass$
	@masswore /= 30

%masswalu = 0.398
	@masswalu *= #$masswore$

%masswalum = 0.277

%masswbor = 0.246
	@masswbor *= #$masswore$

MODULE
	{
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true
		tankResourceMassDivider = #$../masswore$;$../masswalu$;$../masswalum$;$../masswbor$

}  
}

{

!totalCap = 0
	!masswore = 0
	!masswalu =0
	!masswalum = 0
	!masswbor = 0
}

Edited by EnigmaG

Yes they should, please use the  KSPI filter extensions which have a separate filter which has bundled all KSPI-E radiators

I am using the filter extension as packaged with the latest version of KSPI. My problem kinda sorted itself out though. After unlocking the next research node too I get all the parts. In the R&D building both nodes show some of the same modules (Graphite Radiator Flat, Graphite Radiator Edge. Graphite Radiator Cruved Rectangular, Graphite Radiator Skin Wrapper and Graphite Radiator Curved Square). But only the second node actually unlocks them.

I don't know if this is how it is supposed to be... and if so I can't see why.. but as far as bugs go this is one I can live with...

Thanks for the patched .cfg btw!

Hi again,

I'm having trouble with multiple instances of the same reactor in the VAB, specifically upgrades. How do I know which one to use? There are, for example, 3 different Antimatter Initiated Fusion Reactor Upgrade parts, all with identical stats, same with the Magnetized Fusion Reactor Upgrade, Molten Salt Reactor Upgrade, etc. They cost the same, weigh the same and have the same listed numbers in the VAB for Thermal Power, Core Temperature, Energy Density/ISP for different fuels, etc. When I was putting them on a ship just for a contract it was easy to work out by trial and error, but when I'm building vessels for actual use I have no idea which one to use.

The videos I've watched say that you can upgrade the various reactors in the field once you unlock the research but I can't see how to do that, has that feature been removed?

Thanks for any help :)

56 minutes ago, EnigmaG said:

Reveal hidden contents

@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[TankContentSwitcher],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&!SMURFF]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{

%masswore = #$%totalCap$
	@masswore /= #$mass$
	@masswore /= 100 

%masswalu = 0.398
	@masswalu *= #$masswore$

%masswalum = 0.277

%masswbor = 0.246
	@masswbor *= #$masswore$

MODULE
	{
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true

}  
}

{

!totalCap = 0
	!masswore = 0
	!masswalu =0
	!masswalum = 0
	!masswbor = 0
}
@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Ore],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],!MODULE[B9PartSwitch],!MODULE[TankContentSwitcher],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[ModuleResourceConverter],!MODULE[ModuleResourceHarvester],!MODULE[ModuleAnalysisResource]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch&SMURFF]:FOR[InterstellarFuelSwitch]
{

%masswore = #$%totalCap$
	@masswore /= #$mass$
	@masswore /= 30

%masswalu = 0.398
	@masswalu *= #$masswore$

%masswalum = 0.277

%masswbor = 0.246
	@masswbor *= #$masswore$

MODULE
	{
		hasGUI = true
		availableInFlight = true
		availableInEditor = true

}  
}

{

!totalCap = 0
	!masswore = 0
	!masswalu =0
	!masswalum = 0
	!masswbor = 0
}

Thank you, this makes life laso asier for me. I hate to go through a mine field of links before I can get access to a text file

33 minutes ago, BoilingCold said:

Hi again,

I'm having trouble with multiple instances of the same reactor in the VAB, specifically upgrades. How do I know which one to use? There are, for example, 3 different Antimatter Initiated Fusion Reactor Upgrade parts, all with identical stats, same with the Magnetized Fusion Reactor Upgrade, Molten Salt Reactor Upgrade, etc. They cost the same, weigh the same and have the same listed numbers in the VAB for Thermal Power, Core Temperature, Energy Density/ISP for different fuels, etc. When I was putting them on a ship just for a contract it was easy to work out by trial and error, but when I'm building vessels for actual use I have no idea which one to use.

The videos I've watched say that you can upgrade the various reactors in the field once you unlock the research but I can't see how to do that, has that feature been removed?

Thanks for any help :)

There is only one you should use, all other are pretenders. But you are using the wrong way to select the reactor. The correct way to select a KSPI reactor, is first to Select KSP parts and the the Reactors sub tab en then select the desirect reactor.

54 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

There is only one you should use, all other are pretenders. But you are using the wrong way to select the reactor. The correct way to select a KSPI reactor, is first to Select KSP parts and the the Reactors sub tab en then select the desirect reactor.

Ah, OK, so researched upgrades are automatically applied when I build a new ship. Does that also apply to existing vessels?

6 minutes ago, BoilingCold said:

Ah, OK, so researched upgrades are automatically applied when I build a new ship. Does that also apply to existing vessels?

You don't have to unlock the upgrade to use the upgrade.  The part for upgrade in the tree is just to let you know that tech node unlocks the upgrade.  A bit deceiving.

2 hours ago, EnigmaG said:

Reveal hidden contents

btw uploaded.to is slow like hell and you have to wait - nowadays it's better to use services without waiting and without speed limit for free ... you know, dropbox, mega etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.