Stock BDA dogfighters 1.2 (youtube)

hi I'm dundun93(dundun92s brother) I've been doing ksp just as long as dundun92, but I never saw the need to create a account. anyway I think I have a airplane that I want to enter.

@dundun93 we got a limit of 6 missiles per plane here, could you remove a few? or you can let me know which ones and I can remove.

@dundun92 I looked at the new Striker, but I doubt it's an improvement over the old one, since the main weakness of the Striker was its AI settings, would you like to tweak those a little?(right click menu on the AI Pilot and the Weapons Manager)

Edit: Striker-II are no good, they spin out of control as soon as it turns on competition mode start:confused:

Edited by goduranus

I have a working model of the Su-37 Berkut for 1.1.x, I'll update and test for 1.2.x (but it won't have Mechjeb since I can't get that working in 1.2.x), it'll be cannon only - because it doesn't need missiles.

11 hours ago, goduranus said:

@dundun93 we got a limit of 6 missiles per plane here, could you remove a few? or you can let me know which ones and I can remove.

@dundun92 I looked at the new Striker, but I doubt it's an improvement over the old one, since the main weakness of the Striker was its AI settings, would you like to tweak those a little?(right click menu on the AI Pilot and the Weapons Manager)

Edit: Striker-II are no good, they spin out of control as soon as it turns on competition mode start:confused:

WHAT? I removed engine vectoring! Back to the drawing board! 

11 hours ago, goduranus said:

Remove the two inner AMRAMS.

Aww man! So I'm out of the competition until I upgrade it

16 hours ago, dundun93 said:

its called the ASW X-10

0725755368500129d9a9038d43b715b9.png

Oh... I couldn't even enter that anyway. It has an airplane plus on it

The Dorito vs MicroAIV, rematch with upgrades for both

Spoiler

MicroAIVs steer too hard and loose too much speed and stability during evasive maneuvers, while the Doritos' missiles launched in bursts wasn't able to exploit the MicroAIV's moments of vulnerability with the greatest efficiency, they nonetheless scored hits and took MicroAIVs out of the match.

Edited by goduranus

Stealth Fighter challenges the Dorito

Spoiler

Failure for the stealth fighters. The stealth fighter was reliant on missiles and has poor performance otherwise, while the Dorito was good at dodging. Losing one Dorito to the missiles volley, the surviving Dorito managed to get into a good angle on one stealth fighter where it had high radar profile and shot it down with a missile, then destroyed the other one with its gun.

Edited by goduranus

37 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Stealth Fighter challenges the Dorito

Hide contents

Failure for the stealth fighters. The stealth fighter was reliant on missiles and has poor performance otherwise, while the Dorito was good at dodging. Losing one Dorito to the missiles volley, the surviving Dorito managed to get into a good angle on one stealth fighter where it had high radar profile and shot it down with a missile, then destroyed the other one with its gun.

Was it the belly that had the large cross section?

10 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Was it the belly that had the large cross section?

Yeah, according to BDA's author the radar detectability is based on how many pixels of the sky the target blocks out when viewed from the radar's location

3 hours ago, goduranus said:

Yeah, according to BDA's author the radar detectability is based on how many pixels of the sky the target blocks out when viewed from the radar's location

This is why I wish there were a mod for radar-absorbing materials.

The Black King vs The Dorito

Spoiler

The Black King didn't seem maneuverable enough to evade missiles, and was also held back by limiting itself to one missile per target at a time.

The Red Prince vs The Dorito

Spoiler

The Red Prince's design caused very high drag by using different diameter parts without a cargobay, and struggled to gain speed and altitude. It's ECMs are not pre-warmed with action groups, negating the advantages of its small profile, hence the Doritos were able to lock onto them and force them into evasive maneuvers, creating an opening for the Doritos to close range where ECM becomes less effective and destroy the Red Princes.

Edited by goduranus

New Stealth Fighter, Scorpion, uses 3 ECMs instead of 2, but sacrifices IR signature for more maneuverability by using a Panther engine.

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/Scorpion

Scorpion vs the Dorito

Spoiler

Scorpions score an early kill on one Dorito, but loses one of their own to close range missile. The increased maneuverability from the Panther engine allowed the remaining Scorpion to beat the Dorito in the gun fight.

Edited by goduranus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.