Heaviest lifter in Realism Overhaul.

I have been thinking about this topic for a while. What is the heaviest lifter possible in Realism Overhaul?

My heaviest lifter attempt could carry ~500mT to Low Earth Orbit. But this was before i found out about the F-1B.

KgMtoDm.png

The heaviest i could find could carry ~6000-10000mT to LEO. Made and/or flown by YouTube user Miron_Bleek.

What is your heaviest one?

Edited by NSEP

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

Realism overhaul was easy, so I settled for high part count, 1FPS launches in KSP that require extreme levels of structural stability knowledge of KSP physics, and that is much harder to determine, and execute than any launch in realism overhaul.

Yes, I understand this thread is for RO rockets, but there is nothing wrong with quoting a few specs from the stock game for reference to how much easier it is to run RO.

41 minutes ago, He_162 said:

Yes, I understand this thread is for RO rockets, but there is nothing wrong with quoting a few specs from the stock game for reference to how much easier it is to run RO.

This thread is about RO not because on how hard it was to make and fly but to focus on the slightly more Realistic aspect of it.

Anyways, nothing wrong with the stock craft you posted, its not a crime.

I have to agree with @He_162 on the construction part. In RO, we just make a tank, strap some engines on it and read out it's specs to see if it lifts. you can go bigger much easier in a few simple steps which repeat each other. The rocket won't lift of? Well, let's resize the PP SRB's so they give more boost. 
However; for me the challenge in RO is realism (duh), I always think, can this be engineered in real life. For me the design really matters and I really don't like the kerbalized rockets haha. 
When I make a screenshot, I want it to look like a NASA render or something like that. :) 

And indeed, no crime at all haha. 

I have to agree with @He_162 on the construction part. In RO, we just make a tank, strap some engines on it and read out it's specs to see if it lifts. you can go bigger much easier in a few simple steps which repeat each other. The rocket won't lift of? Well, let's resize the PP SRB's so they give more boost. 
However; for me the challenge in RO is realism (duh), I always think, can this be engineered in real life. For me the design really matters and I really don't like the kerbalized rockets haha. 
When I make a screenshot, I want it to look like a NASA render or something like that. :) 

And indeed, no crime at all haha. 

I find it much harder to develop a structurally stable craft in stock than it is to develop craft that make it to orbit and stay there in RO.

I do enjoy it for the realism, I hate it for the surplus parts that make it easy to create monstrous unrealistic rockets without much thought.

@He_162, yep, in my current install, I've a generation of launchers on order of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 ton to LEO. That's indeed not where the difficulty is in RO. The difficulty in RO are what your payload does, the limited ignitions, adjustable thrust, gimbal etc. RO's gameplay (in carreer) is much more hardcore and takes quitte some learning in the beginning. I while ago I started a new install with KSP 1.3 but in a stock solar system, and I thought it was really really easy to get anywhere I liked. :) 

But I still spend more time on designing a launcher in RO than in stock. I really put some effort in the beautification, realism and optimizing. You can make indeed make a heavy lifter in RO real quick without much thinking, but optimizing it, make it really real, that's why I prefer RO above stock. :) 

I haven't fooled around much in sandbox RO, but in career I have a few medium sized lifters.

Gravity I - 63t to orbit.

Gravity III - 30t to low lunar orbit (not sure about LEO numbers).

Gravity IV - about 100t to orbit.

(Unfortunately I don't have access to pictures right now)

So, nothing really impressive, but this is still 1970 in that career game... In 1971-72 I plan to debut Gravity V which will have a capacity of 200-300t to LEO. Still nothing next to these, but I thought I'd mention them for the sake of comparison.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.