Kerbal Space Programs (Scintillate Aerospace/KerbCom-1 Launch, Y1 D47 (On Pad))

StupidAndy

Idea thing:

Basic Desc:

A Kerbal Space Agency/KNews/Emulating Real Life style thing, but all by myself, because, let’s face it, it’s faster if it’s just one person :) (I have so much free time)

so basic thingymabob! its like @Drew Kerman's thing, but with more companies/agencies, and much later in time, and Knews, its like that, like a news thing, and the Emulating Real Life thing as well, because of the companies trying to get the space agencies probe launches and the commercial launches and such

I promise it won’t turn 2.2b mods :P

Also, I’m just going to start from scratch, I don’t want to hyperedit 300 satellites to different places around the Kerbol system. The only thing I hyperedited is the station, because I’m only a beginning docker, so I couldn’t make that on orbit, or else I would have no time to do anything else, I did however make it available to expansion

so lets get into this!
Companies:

Spoiler

3 Companies (subject to change):

·Scintillate Aerospace Corporation (Scintillate Aerospace), CEO Adbal Kerman, Owner Adbal Kerman/Rowell Kerman

·StarKerb Rocket Launch Services (StarKerb Rockets), CEO Endous Kerman, Owner Steve Kerman

·KerbZ Aerospace Technologies Corporation (KerbZ), CEO Eelom Kerman, Owner Eelom Kerman

·New companies will form later in the…time...?

Company Ideals

Spoiler

Company Ideals:

·Scintillate Aerospace Corporation: a company with its “Reesos” family of rockets has a great amount of money coming in, but is slow and expensive for regular Geostationary launches

·StarKerb Rocket Launch Services: An old company that used to have a ton of rockets, but then they had a failure and had to restart from square one, beginning the development of their “Project Zeta” program that has yet to have more information be released

·KerbZ Aerospace Technologies Corporation: a new-ish company that is going to have its “Hawk” reusable rocket family begin testing very soon with the “Hawk 1” in the non-reusable configuration, and later the “Hawk 9” and more after that

Government Space Agencies

Spoiler

Government Space Agencies (4 so far):

·United Cities of Omaripa/Kerbal Aeronautical and Space Program (KASP): the “best” space program in the world, and the only one to land on the Mun so far, after the Mun landings they went to LKO and space probes to explore, currently none operate out of Kerbin, but there are 3 currently being planned for use in a few years time, one to Jool, one to Duna, and one to Eve
Director: Mitbald Kerman

·Orbas Union/Space Agency of Orbas (SAO): a highly innovative space program, but a bit cheap, wants the same quality as an expensive program, but for a fourth of the cost, sometimes forgets important parts of the mission, but always stop in LKO for a day for testing and repairs, this would be useful if they could do this, but they never launched a Kerbal into space from their own rockets, or have rockets, the SAO only launches on private rockets, and other program’s rockets, citing “cheaper, so we can have more probes”. They currently have a probe set up to go to Duna to map the materials around it, and to check for Negative Gravioli fluctuations.
Director: Patwig Kerman

·Rino Republic/Rino Kerbal Space Agency (RKSA): a new space program, but that doesn’t stop them from being one of the best on Kerbin, they can launch kerbals into space on their LKOKL rocket, called the “Lokkal,” in the style of the acronym. They don’t really bother with probes, mostly trying to test Kerbal rockets, they have plans for their own space station, but they still need to make a rocket to carry up the parts, as far as we know
Director: Siglas Kerman

·Republic of Ussatakka/Ussatakka Space and Aeronautics Department (USAD): an old space program, the first one to get a satellite into orbit, and first to land on Minmus, the KASP and the USAD were in a space race about 20 years ago, while the USAD focused on Minmus, the KASP focused on the Mun, the USAD landed on Minmus after the KASP landed on the Mun, so people generally think that the KASP won the space race, but the USAD landed with a bigger lander, and completed more science, so that if they didn’t have the science and bigger lander they would have won the space race. Now the USAD does small probes to various places around the Kerbin system, they are planning a long-term mission to Minmus, but are currently completely occupied with the space station
Director: Tima Kerman

United Kerbin Space Station

Spoiler

United Kerbin Space Station (UKSS)

The United Kerbin Space Station is a collaborative station by the 4 space agencies to make a large station in Low Kerbin Orbit. It is still being assembled mainly by the KASP and the USAD. The SAO also helps build it, but they usually only launch Kerbals to the space station and minor modules.

The RKSA does not help with the station, they are making their own station, completely independent from other countries. They used to help with the UKSS, but then grew tired with the pace of the station, and detached their parts of the station and deorbited them.

Currently the only program that can launch kerbals to the station is the USAD, the SAO cannot because they don’t have either a capsule or a rocket to launch them on, so they just hitchhike on other programs rockets to the station, and the KASP is currently developing a new way to get to the station.

KASP is starting a program to resupply the UKSS by private organizations, such as KerbZ and StarKerb, so that they can have something to do with the station, even though they are currently not launching kerbals to the station

Unknown Object Tracking System

Spoiler

Unknown Object Tracking System (UOTS)

The Unknown Object Tracking System is a coalition between KASP and SAO to find and actively track the unknown objects in the Kerbol System. It has found 13 asteroids so far. And will actively track more along the way

How I Will Do The Missions

Spoiler

Mission Styles:

I will do the missions in a KSA style, telling when they will go, and yada yada yada, unless I can’t do it that day, and I’ll cite some unrelated circumstance, like a mission abort

I will tell the stats of the mission and whatnot, all that good stuff, and do the mission and stuff, not much more to explain

Example Mission (that's actually a mission I'm doing):

UCTS-1, Ussatakka Crew Transportation mission 1, SE-1, Station Expedition 1

Crew:

Valentina Kerman (USAD): Commander

Bill Kerman (KASP): Pilot/Engineer 1

Billy-Bobdin (KASP:) Engineer 2

Station Crew: Jedediah Kerman (KASP): Station Commander

T-0 @ Y1, D25, Further Information TBA

Mission Description:

The first mission to the UKSS, launching from this mission will test out the Ussatakka Space and Aeronautics Department’s (USAD) Zaaytar Crew Transportation System and the station’s existing Life Support and power production. This mission will not have any experiments, as the station is not known to be stable enough to test them, the mission will last from Y1:D3 to an Indefinite date, with the crew of Valentina “Val” Kerman, Billagalas “Bill” Kerman, and an unreleased third Kerbonaut will be  joining Station Commander Jedediah “Jeb” Kerman on the United Kerbin Space Station, at the end of the mission, Jedediah will join Billagalas and the unreleased third Kerbonaut in the Zaaytar and will land and be recovered at an indefinite date.

I'm much later into this than just the start of the mission, so I will be releasing more stuff later in time at sporadic placements

also, If anyone has a good name for this, PLEASE TELL ME!!

Edited by StupidAndy

UPDATE:

After the rocket that will carry the 3 Kerbonauts to the UKSS failed a static fire test due to an anomaly that drained fuel from center tank faster than the outer tanks, this is supposedly solved by taking away all but one of the engines, and adding a process known as “asparagus staging” to the boosters. the launch date will be pushed back at least 7 days to accommodate the Static Fire test, to see if the anomaly was fixed

UPDATE:

The static fire test went perfectly, allowing the test of the second stage simulation, the launch is now scheduled for Year 1, Day 25

And the second flight engineer has been named. Billy-Bobdun Kerman will be the third Kerbal to ride to the UKSS, replacing Bobalamos who was deemed redundant on this mission due to there being no science to research onboard the station

EDIT:

sorry @cratercracker, but I think I just had a good idea for the title! thank you for your titles though! :D

your titles were better at sounding awesome, but they didn't really tell what it was, but they sounded awesome!

Pictures from the First and Second Static Fire Tests

Static Fire Test 1

3FFkJox.png

Static Fire Test 2

IxtMMis.png

there is still one more static fire left, at the Great Ez Cape Launchpad, the test will happen on the 23rd

Edited by StupidAndy
wow, i really should just think up all of what i want to post then do all at once instead of just editing it all

UPDATE:
the final static fire test, from the Great Ez Cape, representing the takeoff from the launchpad of the mission, went perfectly, the mission is now ready. the other static fire tests were tests of the rocket takeoff, to make sure that the plan wasn’t flawed.

Picture:

ZaVRPHl.jpg

FINAL UCTS-1 UPDATE:

The Zaaytar capsule and the Zaaytar booster are undergoing final preparations for the launch on D25

(okay! we're ALL caught up!)

UCTS-1 T-4:00:00:00

Hawk 9/GragaSat L1:

GragaSat and KerbZ have reached an agreement for KerbZ to launch the GragaSat Deployer, which carries 8 GragaSats, 7 times, in total carrying 56 satellites to a 90* polar orbit. KerbZ will launch the GragaSat Deployer at least after D40

KerbZ will also test out their new StrongBack launch tower during this launch, which will be launching from Mount Snowey Launch Complex

final preparations have moved to the Launchpad of Great Ez Cape, with the rocket almost ready for takeoff in 3 days (Current D22) currently only final testing is happening on individual parts.

Picture from worker making sure that the launch clamps are working:

jyEcPiZ.png

Civilian photo approximately one kilometer away from the rocket:

prT6rup.png

a view of the underside of the rocket, with 5 visible LVT-30s, and one main S3 S-25

hKXxINA.png

a view of the rocket on the pad on a dock at the Great Ez Cape:

Y114aRF.png

view from the other dock at the Great Ez Cape:

quYsOq3.png

the rocket will take off from the Great Ez Cape on Y1 D25 to the United Kerbin Space Station, delivering Valentina Kerman (Commander-USAD), Bill Kerman (Pilot/Engineer 1, KASP), and Billy-Bobdin Kerman (Engineer 2, KASP) to the station to Join Jebediah Kerman (Station Commander, KASP) for an indefinite amount of time. at the end of the mission, Valentina will take command of the station from Jebediah, who will join Bill and Billy-Bobdin to return to Kerbin

(I will launch this tomorrow, I just realized that none of you know what my rockets look like, so I will spend the rest of the day taking pictures of all of them and posting them here, YOUR WELCOME!)

On 31/7/2017 at 6:16 PM, cratercracker said:

@StupidAndy I've got a few cool names!

-Project Zetta

-Dawn on the Horizon (coolest one in my opinion)

-Delta Divine

-Orbitas

-Look of the Void

-The skies above

the 4th is i spanish! lol

also i will make something like this

On 30/7/2017 at 9:20 PM, StupidAndy said:

stuff

Edited by Spaceman17

UTCS-1 Mission Report:

Rivbin Kerman, USAD Flight Analyzer

Mission T-0:  Y1, D25, 2:00

At Year 1, Day 25, the Ussatakka Crew Transportation System flight 1 rocket blew up on the launchpad. After a detailed analysis, the crew are not the cause of the explosion. At T-1:34, Booster #5 started to shake violently, due to the proximity of a launch clamp providing structural stability to the upper stage, and loading fuel onto the stage. At T-1:22, Booster #6 started to shake violently as well. This went unnoticed by all the members of the Mission Operations Control Room (MOCR). At T-0:50, the computer started its check of the rocket, and the computer did not have the programming to check if any of the boosters were shaking, so it went unnoticed by the computer as well. The rest of the countdown had no noticing of the shaking, even with another computer check at T-0:10.

At T+0:00:01, Boosters #5, and #6 both impacted a launch clamp at liftoff, causing the rocket to tilt to 270*, the tanks of boosters #1, #2, and #3 to explode. The rocket then started to tilt even more to the retrograde side, causing MOCR to activate the launch abort system (LAS)

The LAS activated successfully, and the capsule was launched away from the rocket without any more errors. After the capsule landed, the recovery teams recovered every crewmember, who seemed to not have any visible injuries, but the crew are undergoing physicals to make sure that they are ready for another launch, no later than Day 52, to adjust make sure that the problem does not occur again

The USAD and KASP will be investigating to determine the cause of the cause of the anomaly, but at the current moment, the leading cause is the launch clamps. The USAD will be dispatching a crew to take pictures of the remaining debris, which will be expecting to be released by D30

Photo Release of the UCTS-1 Mission Failure:

Zaaytar Capsule after Launch Abort

w0uiXaU.jpg

Photo from camera on a launch clamp

Aval13o.jpg

Another photo from launch clamp camera

YaUAStf.jpg

Ground crew Kerbal photo of remaining debris

ujF3LAN.png

Ground Crew photo from underneath surviving fuel tanks

QPb9sJD.png

Ground crew photo of surviving engine and fuel tank

0S1Ha9X.png

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The USAD have announced that they will have a test mission of the Zaaytar rocket unkerbaled to make sure that the changes that they made to the rocket will work, if the launch fails, then they will have another unkerbaled rocket until they get a success, once they get the successful launch, the UCTS-2 mission will be officially scheduled. currently the UZUTM-1 (Ussakkata Zaaytar Unkerbaled Test Mission 1) will be scheduled no earlier than D40, so the ground crews have time to repair the launch pad. the current scheduled launch time is D52, and if the mission is successful then the UCTS-2 mission will take place no earlier then D100. The official cause of the failure will be released before the UZUTM-1 mission launch

The Next Launch is the KerbZ Hawk 9 Mission GragaSat L1. Y1 D40

Y1, D29

GragaSat L1/Hawk 9 Mission Update:

After Computer Simulations on the GragaSat L1 mission, it has been revealed that the current Hawk 9 v1.0 has too little DV to get to the required polar orbit to complete the mission. the GragaSat L1 Mission will be pushed back to the Hawk 9 v1.1, which will enter service in approximately 1 year.

the Next Mission will be the Scintillate Aerospace KerbCom-1 Mission to Keostationary Orbit on Day 47

Y1 D32

Current Rockets/Spacecraft in service:

Zaaytar (USAD):

RHsbRkU.jpg

Constellation CTS (KASP):

7Wpzp9b.jpg

Kerbal Launch System (KASP):

4LYZidd.jpg

Cricket VTOL-TV  (KerbZ):

RvnDOVu.jpg

Frogstar CaTS (KerbZ): wow that is a GREAT acronym!

kbYdkSj.jpg

Hawk 9 v1.0 (KerbZ):

DhMmNn6.jpg

Hawk 9 v1.0R (KerbZ):

6CtfmA1.jpg

IdeaQuester (Unknown):

bhmiMxe.jpg

Reesos 101 (Scintillate Aerospace (SCA)):

TNst3cf.jpg

Reesos 111 (SCA):

5hLKT49.jpg

Reesos 121 (SCA):

psFlWmo.jpg

Reesos 131 (SCA):

ah2UIjP.jpg

Reesos 141 (SCA):

lVfdXdp.jpg

Reesos 161 (SCA):

3qiGm9r.jpg

Reesos 201 (NOTE: All 2/3/401s all have the same booster configurations, I just was too lazy to make them all, I mean there are what, 24 configurations, I do NOT want to make 24 configurations of the same rockets, and you do NOT want to spend your day looking at 24 configurations of the same rocket!) (SCA):

9OJKOid.jpg

Reesos 301 (SCA):

GkJddvP.jpg

Reesos 401 (SCA):

gx3Qgab.jpg

Reesos 601

bLSDgGy.jpg

Reesos 2301 Heavy (SCA):

enkGmK1.jpg

Reesos 2121 (because R2101 didn't work, and I don't want to risk having a 2111) (SCA):

hNabsPv.jpg

Reesos 2421 (SCA):

zW3xuXE.jpg

Reesos 2161 (SCA):

dCxSDeX.jpg

Reesos 2181 (SCA):

q4FV9vv.jpg

UKSS (Better picture soon):

943BbdH.png

New Module for UKSS:

The Karayato SSM will add a science module to the space station, it will also add 5 docking ports to the station, the side 4 will be used for future 1.25m modules, while the top one will be used for a new commercial docking port for the station, so that 2 commercial vehicles can be docked to the station at the same time. the science part of the module will be used for on-orbit data gathering, currently the only way for the station to get science is to get it from the ground, but with this module the station will be able to get science data from LKO. SAO is the manufacturer of the module, and will decide who will launch the module later this year.

5mkIZ9R.png

Edited by StupidAndy
well i need to read, but i will never do english class the way they want me to

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Another Test of the KerbZ Cricket VTOL Test Vehicle will take place on D41, the test will come from an unannounced launch site, and will go up to an altitude of at least 3000m for the test to be considered a success

Scintillate Aerospace Update:

Scintillate Aerospace has been selected as the launcher of the KASP-NeGrAD (Negative Gravioli Ablative Detector) that will launch no earlier then Y1 D200

Karayato Module Update:

the Karayato module has released an update on when the module will be finished. due to the technologically complexity of the science experiments, the module will not be finished until Y2 D230. the launcher will not be selected until Y2 D1

SAO Announcement:

SAO has announced that they will be researching how to make a 1 Kerbal launcher. the launcher will be used to go to the UKSS, but it is hoped to be able to stay in orbit as a 1 Kerbal space station. more info will be released as the project is continued. the expected first launch is sometime in Y3. it is also hoped that the 1 Kerbal capsule will allow SAO to make a 3 Kerbal capsule later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

UPDATE:

The KerbCom-1 Satellite on a Reesos 2141 is preparing for launch at the KSC

the satellite will be headed to keostationary orbit, and will be the first for Kerbcom, and the first launch this year for Scintillate Aerospace.

Pictures:

View of Reesos 2141 from top of VAB:

TjMtgKn.png

View of Reesos 2141 from Launchpad:

DQsR6HR.png

view of Reesos 2141 from Mission Control:

bw9XXLM.png

view of Reesos 2141 from VAB Right arm:

seW7GNu.png

View of Reesos 2141 from KSC Roadway:

Myd4Eyk.png

the launch will be on Y1 D47 at the earliest, with a best possible outcome on the rest of the pre-launch tests

the next event will be a Cricket VTOL on D41 from the KSC runway, because KASP cannot afford to risk the safety of the Launchpad, and will make sure that in the event of a failure the Launchpad will not be harmed. the test will involve launch up to 3000 meters, turn north, and land in the area to the west of the runway

This will be the second made Cricket VTOL, with the first having been damaged, repaired, and landing successfully. CVTV-01 (Cricket VTOL Test Vehicle) is now permanently on display on KSC grounds

CVTV-01 Pictures:

MUhBpCx.png

bZjUpZ4.png

yroacZM.png

Other Stuff (Me Note

Spoiler

okay! so its only been...4 months...aie...alright! with my newfound endurance and ability to stick to something, I should keep this up and running for longer then a month!

Update (Y1 D31):

KerbZ has updated their Frogstar CaTS to have 2 locations of cargo, pressurized and unpressurized. photos will be released at a later date, KerbZ officials have not said when they will release photos.

KerbZ have announced an update to the Hawk V1.0, the Hawk V1.1, further information and pictures will be released at a later date.

KASP will test their KRE-1 Engine on D55 without any delays. photos of the testing rig and engine will be released at a later date as well.

KASP have announced official funding of an Eve probe. this is the 3rd probe that is currently being funded for KASP. the amount of funding is VF1,000,000 per year. current expenses are VF850,000.

The Scintillate Aerospace Reesos team will preform a test that will involve a dress rehearsal from T-2:00:00 to T-0:00:01. the date will be no earlier then D35 to preform final checks on the vehicle.

UPDATE (D41):

The test of the Cricket VTOL CVTV-02 has ended in partial failure, while the test vehicle did get up to 3000 meters, when returning to Kerbin, the swivel main engine exploded on contact with the ground. KerbZ officials have said that they will fix this in the future with better landing legs. no other parts were effected with the landing on Kerbin.

pictures:

Picture from CVTV-02 at 3000 meters:

wZSKaK5.png

CVTV landed, picture taken by pre-setup camera

Eb3XE0k.png

photo from tank #2

p01WM25.png

CVTV-02 picture after landing:

7Bw1ksi.png

Scintillate Aerospace have completed more tests on the Reesos 2121* and they are on track for the D47 launch target. future tests could still affect launch dates, but for now the launch is the next event on the calendar

*Reesos rocket actually 2121, 2.5 meter rocket, 1 first stage engine, 2 boosters, 1 second stage engine. past 2141 statements were false

the Omaripa Reconnaissance Office have made plans for 4 satellites to be launched by Scintillate Aerospace (ORS-1, ORS-2, ORS-3, ORS-4). dates of launches are unknown so far, and because of the classified nature of the missions, the satellites will not be revealed.

Spoiler

okay, so far the only part mods are this mod for strong backs (but currently i can only use the Falcon 1 strong back because the rest are meant for RO i think) and procedural fairings (don't know where i got the download from, maybe CKAN? anyways it was so long ago i forgot). but this:

the swivel main engine exploded on contact with the ground. KerbZ officials have said that they will fix this in the future with better landing legs. no other parts were effected with the landing on Kerbin.

I'm going to download Tundra Exploration because the stock landing legs are too small. that is kind of a problem for my future plans for the Hawk 9 v1.1

I'm also downloading ScanSat, for better satellites. and also Dmagic OS. those will give better use for satellites.

everything else is basically just for kerbinside, which strangely takes a ton of ram? i don't know what it is called

i should also get KSP AVC because i have no idea how many mods i have

glory to SpaceXDock

thanks for reading this far: Have A Cat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.