[UNOFFICIAL/FANMADE] 0.17 Discussion Thread 2

kacperrutka26

I have a question for Nova:

With the introduction of new planets and muns, with things like kerbal.unkerbal launches, power, oxygen, food and water be introduced into KSP to add that next level of adventure? :)

I wonder how the altimeter behaves near the gas giant. Does the gas giant have a set surface and an atmosphere height? Or is the surface set to the point where the pressure destroys your craft?

It has an atmosphere height and a canonical sea level, but no sea or surface right now. Sea level is just where your craft 'splodes.

With the introduction of new planets and muns, with things like kerbal.unkerbal launches, power, oxygen, food and water be introduced into KSP to add that next level of adventure? :)

Short answer - probably not... They don't want to add it, yet at least. Or maybe the devs had a change of heart?

It has an atmosphere height and a canonical sea level, but no sea or surface right now. Sea level is just where your craft 'splodes.

Thanks for clarifying. I am very much looking forward to test how deep I can go and still get back. Is there yet any information about how deep the athmosphere on the gas giant is?

You should read what they have planned in the. 17 thread by HarvesteR. Life support isn't likely to come this

update.

Oxygen looks promising take a look at c7's blog at the picture with the instrument panel http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/entry.php/5-C7-Dev-Blog-KSP-0-17-Now-with-Extra-Blog

I get an error, when i go to that link.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I rewlly not looking forward to life support, well at least if it's like the zoxigen mod all of the parts for the zoxigen mod are way to heavy I men they are tanks of oxygen.

That's why NASA Launches unmanned missions now. But, on topic. Life support is not planned for this update, lets not get this thread locked too, huh?

I hope that picture Nova posted does have a new passenger module. As long as we don't have to load passengers after on the launchpad/in space. My computer doesn't like trying to walk around on the launch pad with a big rocket there.

Oxygen looks promising take a look at c7's blog at the picture with the instrument panel http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/entry.php/5-C7-Dev-Blog-KSP-0-17-Now-with-Extra-Blog

Indeed it does look promising. I'm all for life support! But I feel like this is just a "filler" so that there's less space and even number of buttons(?) rather than an indicator of some in-game mechanic...

Don't spread false information. Just because he has a modeled oxygen light does not mean we've made, or even are making, a life support system. Serratus was right, it's just filler for now.

Quick question, I noticed that in novas flight log the probes orbit in map view kept changing colour (It changed to purple.) Does this indicate anything?

The purple is the colour the game uses for the third 'stage' of the craft's orbit using the patched conics system, added in 0.15 I think (0.16?)

Don't spread false information.

I am not really sure you can say that is spreading false information. He was just commenting on the screenshot showing an o2 button. None of us have any more knowledge than what we are given (screen shots and limited word of mouth) so we base our speculation on that. It is unfair to get onto someone for do that in a thread dedicated to doing just that.