I need a lifter

Jack5.exe

yes

8 hours ago, Andetch said:

What sort of size payload? Mun orbit or surface? Is it for a career mission? I might be able to help... Please provide more details.

Also, have you checked kerbalx?

It's a for Low munar orbit  so I can land the base with its landing engined

4 hours ago, RisingAeroEngineer11 said:

I’m assuming you want to deliver the 100T to Low Munar Orbit. Right now I’m designing an SSTO to deliver the payload and a re-usable tug to LKO; then the tug will deliver the 100T and return to Kerbin. Will keep you posted 

Yes and I'd rather a rocket because I'm better with those than an SSTO.

Looks like you'd be looking for 6km/s of dv (I usually add an extra 10% because my manuevers can be a bit imprecise, so about 6.6km/s of dv), should be achievable.

Size of payload is important (length, width, height), so that a properly-size fairing can be fitted.  Or, if it's too bulky for a fairing, a little additional engineering would be needed to account for drag.

Also, as mentioned, tech level is also quite important (assuming this is for career) since not all boosters are created equal.  :)

Edited by Slam_Jones

Just now, Andetch said:

Of the payload you have designed? Also, is it for a career mode game? Because tech level can be an annoyance.

I don't know how to send a link too it so ill send pics and I am adding more bases so that's why I asked for 100, ill send the pics soon

Looks like this is Sandbox mode, so tech level and money constraints are not present.

If I have this correct, you plan to:

- Make an initial total of 5 launches to LKO, for all 5 base components.
- Assemble base in LKO.
- Make a final launch for the transfer tug to dock and drag it to Munar orbit.

Am I close, or do you plan to assemble them in Munar orbit?

1 hour ago, Slam_Jones said:

Looks like this is Sandbox mode, so tech level and money constraints are not present.

If I have this correct, you plan to:

- Make an initial total of 5 launches to LKO, for all 5 base components.
- Assemble base in LKO.
- Make a final launch for the transfer tug to dock and drag it to Munar orbit.

Am I close, or do you plan to assemble them in Munar orbit?

No, but close in a different way

-launch centerpiece to land on the mun

-send other pieces to land on the mun

-use the retractable wheels to dock with the centerpiece (wheels on side of say, the greenhouse above the landing gear)

-send crew

-the end

Edited by Jack5.exe

6 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

No, but close in a different way

-launch centerpiece to land on the mun

-send other pieces to land on the mun

-use the retractable wheels to dock with the centerpiece (wheels on side of say, the greenhouse above the landing gear)

-send crew

-the end

Do you have some sort of thing to help move the stuff into alignment? It probably would be easier to dock in orbit and send it as a large package....

Docking stuff on the mun surface is tricky. I did it, when I needed to land a base in career mode and the one I designed didn't have enough LF in it and it seemed easier to just dock another base onto it - seemed easier. You gotta be so accurate in landing firstly.....

To send the craft files, look inside the ksp game folder, saves> SAVENAME>ships>vab/sph and then upload the craft file to kerbalX or google drive

I have a heavy lifter for LKO (It can reach the moon, too, though it depends on the weight of the payload):

screenshot379

The fairing can be expanded quite a bit, so fitting the payload inside should not be an issue.

Spoiler

screenshot599screenshot601

It comes empty by default (in the download link). 70-80 parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay6njj72140in2x/Drokket.craft?dl=0&m

Edited by Earthlinger

5 hours ago, Cassel said:

what is this?

me, asking for a lifter

14 hours ago, qzgy said:

Do you have some sort of thing to help move the stuff into alignment? It probably would be easier to dock in orbit and send it as a large package....

yes small wheels for land

7 hours ago, Andetch said:

Docking stuff on the mun surface is tricky. I did it, when I needed to land a base in career mode and the one I designed didn't have enough LF in it and it seemed easier to just dock another base onto it - seemed easier. You gotta be so accurate in landing firstly.....

To send the craft files, look inside the ksp game folder, saves> SAVENAME>ships>vab/sph and then upload the craft file to kerbalX or google drive

Same, small wheels, retractable I just need to land were it is (mechjab) and done

7 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I have a heavy lifter for LKO (It can reach the moon, too, though it depends on the weight of the payload):

screenshot379

The fairing can be expanded quite a bit, so fitting the payload inside should not be an issue.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you!!

9 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

screenshot379

Reveal hidden contents

Incompatible :|
i need 1.3.0

My craft would all be latest version too! So I can not upload on to you, but as @Rocket In My Pocket says, it is more fun in game to ask for advice building your own lifter/sky crane set-up. Personally I would make three separate vehicles, one to deliver parts to LKO, one to shuttle parts between LKO and LMO, and one to land the parts on the mun. It is sometimes easier and cheaper (but more time consuming) to use multiple vehicles, rather than an all in one style. The reason for this is simplicity - each of the three does one thing, an one thing very well; rather than lots of things not very well.

Does that make sense?

If in doubt about building a lifter, there are four main things to look out for:

• Doesn't lift? Moar Engines!
  • Doesn't go far enough? Moar fuel! (this can mean repeating step 1 also, to counter for added fuel weight)
  • Doesn't control? Moar reaction wheels/fins! (Also, placement position can make a huge difference! Just by moving the control surfaces I have shaved off 30m/s from takeoff speeds of planes)
  • Breaks apart? Moar struts! (Also auto strutting correctly can prevent a breakup).

If using mechjeb, you can see the DeltaV stats of the ship before you launch. About 3,000m/s i usually enough for a good pilot to get to LKO, then another 1,000m/s or so getting to the mun, and I guess another 1000m/s for landing and return to LMO. So staged, if MJ says it has the delta V then it is a pilot issue, as long as you have followed the above four rules of construction. .

I also find looking at kerbalx (but not necessarily downloading) very good for inspiration! https://kerbalx.com/

(note to readers - the delta v readings quoted are approximations to demonstrate the idea, and not intended to be 100% accurate)

Edited by Andetch

11 hours ago, NSEP said:

Why don't you try and make one yourself.

Do you even lift?

I made it here: 

22 hours ago, Jack5.exe said:

K I looked in the events and figured out what happened, it was the control unit (it was offset) in between the fuel tank and the payload bay. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.