Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

So because I like statistics, I decided to compile a list of all the losses and victories from both the Lancer ASF and the Berzerker

Lancer ASF:

Wins: 8 (Novi, F-18c, TFD, Blastoise, NutBuster, P-2 Accelerator, Delphinus III, and Wunderwaffle IV)

Losses: 2 (Dorito and Flying Squirrel)

So it ended up having a 7 win streak.

Berzerker 2.0:

Wins: 6 (Mini Val, F-19d, Flying Squirrel (the redux), DN-65c, IV-15, and Pike Clamped)

Losses: 7 (Flying Squirrel, Pike, Rabid Squirrel, TFD, Du-1b, F-99, and Trigger)

:P

Lol

On 15/02/2018 at 2:16 AM, exbyde said:

Alright, and for our last battle for the night, we have @dundun93 and his A25 micro fighter. Kinda reminds me of the Sanngrior. So how does it do against @Eidahlil's Pike?

Does pretty well, earning a spot on the roster. How about against @dundun92's creations?

The winner of this battle in the sibling rivalry is definitely dundun92 *excluding TBD*. So the A-25 sits on the #5 spot. nice.

when the frick will you test my [things]....

Edited by monstah

38 minutes ago, l0kki said:

when the frick will you test my sh....

11. There is a 24hr penalty on testing if you ask me if you've tested your aircraft yet if i have not gotten to it in the roster.

so eventually

28 minutes ago, goduranus said:

Didn't he already test your Satan piglet?

i did. he came up with another aircraft he originally called ***king cake in his native language. its now sitting below the bottom of the queue since i need to update said queue and he broke rule 11.

8 hours ago, dundun93 said:

THE LEADER BOARD IS DUNDUN INFESTED!!!!!!!:o

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

Edited by exbyde

2 hours ago, exbyde said:

There probably will not be any testing tonight. Its looking like i'll need to recompile my install for BDAC 1.1.1 since we now have four aircraft that are on hold due to BDAC BETA mods.

What about the issues with 1.1.0? Also, did you hear that @Eidahlil is on the BDArmory dev team? He will probably add a secret setting so you can .txt edit in game, and make a Flying Sunfish II.

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

WAIT WHAT??

OH MA GAD

EVERYONE RUN!

ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

*runs away*

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

What about the issues with 1.1.0? Also, did you hear that @Eidahlil is on the BDArmory dev team? He will probably add a secret setting so you can .txt edit in game, and make a Flying Sunfish II.

Well my options are to disqualify all of discoveryplanet's entries and any entry using NKD or try to get 1.1 working. As for Eidahlil joining bdac good for him. As i said, i consider him a model designer. If he wants to design a sunfish 2 go for it.

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

ääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääääää

*runs away*

Uh l0kki you forgot to log

4 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Turns out there's no school tomorrow, so I'll have the whole morning to work on the Ripsaw :D

Do eet!

4 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Turns out there's no school tomorrow, so I'll have the whole morning to work on the Ripsaw :D

I will be working on a Du-3x tomorrow evening! :D

53 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Welp, the Ripsaw is being dumb today. It pitches up for no reason the moment the enemy gets within gun range (even if the enemy doesn't fire first) and refuses to fire missiles.

Will remake it. Tomorrow...

6c315ae677641ed48e591b918e4426a9--just-d

On 12/29/2017 at 9:43 AM, exbyde said:

12. All aircraft must have either a manned cockpit, 100 units of batteries, or enough RTGs to maintain drone core operations for 15 minutes.

Wait, so do the batteries need to be on the craft at all times or can they be jettisoned upon takeoff(Since drone cores themselves have batteries)?

On 2/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, goduranus said:

@Eidahlil if you are really on the dev team can you ask them to make missiles get lighter and more maneuverable as it flies and burns through its fuel? Since a real missiles burn through 70% of its mass or something.

Dont they already get lighter as they burn off their solid fuel? 

And honestly the changes in weight is not that high on a AIM-120 or a AIM-9X.   If he starts messing with those stats it may mess them up in FAR.  Which would be REAL bad. 

I think tonight I will test a 80nm head on BVR engagement with a AIM-120 to see if it can actually reach its target in FAR.

AIM-120 won't go 80nm in game. In real life it only goes 80nm when it is fired from like 12km altitude and mach 1.5 and because it follows a ballistic trajectory. In game it's doesn't fly ballistically, so it loses lots of energy by flying through thick atmosphere. On top of that, in game we launch them from lower and slower. More realistic range for they way we fire them in game would be like 15-20nm or something.

I think for AIM-120 the fuel fraction is 38% percent, which could mean the difference between its pulling 6Gs or 9Gs, I didn't see the numbers for AIM-9 yet, but I think it's over 50%, so it makes the difference between 6Gs and 12Gs. My previous 70% number was excessive as I didn't check the documentation at the time, but the difference is still significant.

It shouldn't mess up FAR because it's only to do with mass changes. 

Missiles don't burn fuel as of 1.1.0 beta. But I'll give it a try to see if I could mod in fuel burn myself, it should be pretty easy. Just need to have the new missile be a copy of the Modular Missile Guidance, but add the warhead function, the fuel container function, and the rocket motor function, the battery function, the reaction wheel function, and the decoupler function onto it. These are referred as modules in KSP files but I call them functions here to avoid confusion with the missile module. Also it would need to be steered by SAS because I don't think a single part can't generate lever arm to steer with aerodynamic forces, so that aspect of it would have to stay unrealistic. Since torque would be constant instead of scaling with air speed, that mean the missile would turn faster than real life at low speed and slower than real at high speed

Edited by goduranus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.