KSP crashes when loading a save ( alt-F9)

KSP crashes on me, usually when I load a save file (F9 or alt-F9), or when I switch to a station in orbit from the tracking station.  But, it's not consistent and I can't reliably reproduce it.  Often, the same action works fine after restarting KSP.  I don't think it's out of memory, because my resource monitor shows 2 gb free when it crashes.  I can't figure out how to read the crash diagnostics to find out which mod is causing the problem.

I'd really appreciate some help tracking down and fixing this. 

Windows 7, 64 bit

KSP 1.3.1.1891 Windows Player x64 en-us

All files including complete mod list with versions, ship files, save files, and a crash folder are in this zip file:

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~chip/test/crash.zip

Let me know if I left out any useful information.  2017-12-10 is the saved game, and 2017-12-30_212056 is the folder generated when KSP crashed.  "quicksave" and "Ayrie I & Phoenix II docked" are saves that I often have trouble restoring.

Thanks in advance.

--- Chip

Thanks for responding, linuxgurugamer,

According to the process list, it was using 2,697,736 k when it crashed.  There should have been about 2.3 g available above that.  This is according to the Windows "Task Manager".  I tried rebooting and running KSP by itself.  It crashed at exactly the same point, at about the same size, with about 3 g free memory.

Also, I forgot to mention that it often crashes when I exit (alt-F4), but that's less annoying.

Edited by Beechwood Chip
added addt'l info responding to linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.